MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jahur

MAB to Re-Introduce the B747-400; 9M-MPP in Retro Livery

Not that with five aircraft the fleet is stretched to do the LHR runs. Barring long delays and tech issues, three is sufficient to do the two daily LHR flights. Which leaves an extra aircraft or two as spare or to do the Umrah runs.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airports/3005

Bangladesh inspected 9M-MPP with the possibility of leasing it...

My apologies, the link is wrong.

Copied the text from "ch-aviation". Here it is...

Biman Bangladesh Airlines (BG, Dhaka) has approached Malaysia Airlines (MH, Kuala Lumpur Int'l) over the proposed use of its B747-400 for the upcoming Hajj season which starts in late August.

Biman Chairman, Air Marshal Enamul Bari (retd), told the Dhaka Tribune that his airline recently carried out an inspection of 9M-MPP (msn 29900) with a view to using it for Hajj charters.

Though mothballed in the past, the aircraft was recently reactivated to cover Kuala Lumpur Int'l-London Heathrow flights when the Malaysian carrier's six A380-800s began undergoing heavy maintenance earlier this quarter.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airports/3005

Bangladesh inspected 9M-MPP with the possibility of leasing it...

My apologies, the link is wrong.

Copied the text from "ch-aviation". Here it is...

Biman Bangladesh Airlines (BG, Dhaka) has approached Malaysia Airlines (MH, Kuala Lumpur Int'l) over the proposed use of its B747-400 for the upcoming Hajj season which starts in late August.

Biman Chairman, Air Marshal Enamul Bari (retd), told the Dhaka Tribune that his airline recently carried out an inspection of 9M-MPP (msn 29900) with a view to using it for Hajj charters.

Though mothballed in the past, the aircraft was recently reactivated to cover Kuala Lumpur Int'l-London Heathrow flights when the Malaysian carrier's six A380-800s began undergoing heavy maintenance earlier this quarter.

Oh cr@p... does it mean the retro livery is going to be short-lived :ninja: :(

Oh cr@p... does it mean the retro livery is going to be short-lived :ninja: :(

You can live in hope they do not see economic sense in repainting the bird just for the one or two months duration of the Hajj runs :)

Just look at 9M-MXA - still in her red outfit nowadays :)

Maybe the words from the grapevine that we heard before this were true in some ways or another? Surely CM would not approve of such wasteful decision

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Unconfirmed report that MPP has been sold and will be flown to SIN soon.

So all the retro painting huhas is just a very wasted excercise. Papentah MAB kelaut sokmo.

Well at least now 1 B744 less to worry about.

So who benwfitted the most in this repainting job?

So who benwfitted the most in this repainting job?

Maybe those who are churning out 1:400 and 1:200 diecasts ? :D

well.. maybe with the new painting and lil bit of promo it did help them to sell MPP... :D :D

Edited by nrazmoor

well another several millions wasted and down the drain - for painting and bringing back the 744 to flyging conditions. Just like what the same old MAS would do.

well another several millions wasted and down the drain - for painting and bringing back the 744 to flyging conditions. Just like what the same old MAS would do.

It takes a few generations to change a culture.

It takes a few generations to change a culture.

Not really, for some forward looking cultures in the world such as those in the West. It is a lot faster. For others, yes, it will take generations.

Probably turning her to a BCF or BDSF....

Probably turning her to a BCF or BDSF....

SQ Cargo are retiring their B744Fs - 2 this year - so I wonder if there is any demand for more B744 cargo planes.

SQ Cargo are retiring their B744Fs - 2 this year - so I wonder if there is any demand for more B744 cargo planes.

Prolly just purchased it and dismantle her to spares...

The market for 748F and 77F have also been reduced substantially, with the current state of global economy

Edited by S V Choong

this is nothing new with MAS by now, while passengers are being fed lousy food they are spending money on new uniforms

Any rough gauge of when will it be flown to SIN if the rumor is true?

Paya Lebar or Changi? MAS 777 came into Paya Lebar before flying back to her lessor.

this is nothing new with MAS by now, while passengers are being fed lousy food they are spending money on new uniforms

I was just on MH from KUL to LHR on J and was I absolutely disappointed with the food provided on board.

I rather pay for an AirAsia nasi lemak than to eat what I was served. It was extremely horrible dining experience. Didn't helped that I had a connecting BA flight on J, and the food on that was on a whole new higher category and level.

There's a rumor going around that MPP will depart end of this month for good, anyone heard further updates?