MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jahur

MAB to Re-Introduce the B747-400; 9M-MPP in Retro Livery

Thanks for sharing all the images from inside the hangar in SZB, Sofian. Enjoyed every single photo that you have posted here! :clapping:

Nice pics!

Has the 747-400 schedule been loaded into the MH booking system?

Sofian bro,

Beautiful images of the exterior. Thanks for sharing.

How we wish that the interior was current and as good.

Thanks for sharing all the images from inside the hangar in SZB, Sofian. Enjoyed every single photo that you have posted here! :clapping:

Tq Bros.. :-)

Today the first group of crew visit this aircraft in SZB this morning.

12998580_10209223239518304_7358283692827

"Festival Mode" - Foto Credit Meor MH

i wonder did they done anything for the interior?

Interior still remain the same?

:sorry: :sorry: like what I see there is still maintain "retro"

The first commercial flight is expected on May 16... KUL to LHR (to be confirmed)

Edited by M. Sofian H.

MH4/ 16MAY KUL-LHR is already in the system, to be operated by the 744.

After that, MH4/ 18MAY, but not for the rest of that week.

And then, the next fight after that is MH4/25May.

Tq Mushrif :-)

Untitled-1_zpsgbrafskd.png

"She" already in the system yeah!

Edited by M. Sofian H.

You are kidding me - that the sort of lighting ?!! :shok:

It's like a circus :D

Remember the Smarties / M&M seats? :D

So before that she is gonna do some local runs before the official on the trip to LHR, right?

She will run non-comercial flight for Domestic route

hopefully a test flight to BKI.

As for interiors, if I were to expect a B744 I would be quite disappointed. When I last flew with MAS to LHR on B744, I really hoped they retire the fleet ASAP because... you know. yeah you know.

Looks like they're only using the plane for the day portion of the flights? (MH4 is fully during the day)

So are they flying it back to KL empty or something? What a weird arrangement.

i kinda of like the cabin light, befitting the retro theme. Gimme that night fevah, night fevahhhh!!!!

Looks like they're only using the plane for the day portion of the flights? (MH4 is fully during the day)

So are they flying it back to KL empty or something? What a weird arrangement.

Just because I didnt post the return flights doesnt mean the aircraft will fly empty the other way. I thought it would be obvious that there will be an inbound commercial flight ... (without having to hand hold all the way...)

Just because I didnt post the return flights doesnt mean the aircraft will fly empty the other way. I thought it would be obvious that there will be an inbound commercial flight ... (without having to hand hold all the way...)

Ha. I thought they are going to teleport the 744 back to KUL and then teleport the 380 to LHR returning as MH 1.

12998580_10209223239518304_7358283692827

"Festival Mode" - Foto Credit Meor MH

The first commercial flight is expected on May 16... KUL to LHR (to be confirmed)

Thank you Sofian for these exclusive shots !!

For anyone worrying about the "color" of the lights, it's actually the shutter speed of the camera capturing the different phases/flicker rates (same on MH's B772). In actual experience it'll be a uniform color :) Or the system could be in test mode :pardon:

personally while I'm thrilled at the exterior (but not as much as Hibiscus) , as a frequent flier on the LHR-KUL route .... not so with the non-upgraded interior. Actually rather worried I'll be on the aircraft for 13 hours with cabin products from the last decade !!

For anyone worrying about the "color" of the lights, it's actually the shutter speed of the camera capturing the different phases/flicker rates (same on MH's B772). In actual experience it'll be a uniform color :) Or the system could be in test mode :pardon:

Yes Bro.. u are right.. they switch on the lighting on test mode

hopefully a test flight to BKI.

As for interiors, if I were to expect a B744 I would be quite disappointed. When I last flew with MAS to LHR on B744, I really hoped they retire the fleet ASAP because... you know. yeah you know.

Maybe our own version compare to the Iranian 747SP.

Thank you Sofian for these exclusive shots !!

personally while I'm thrilled at the exterior (but not as much as Hibiscus) , as a frequent flier on the LHR-KUL route .... not so with the non-upgraded interior. Actually rather worried I'll be on the aircraft for 13 hours with cabin products from the last decade !!

I suspect so, because the mode lighting is generated by combination red, blue and green (RGB) as you see on the TV Screen and monitors.

MAB probably thinks that the "classic" effect is complete with a classic livery and a classic cabin....

Maybe our own version compare to the Iranian 747SP.

Yes, that was my line of thought too - a "classic" aircraft both inside and out. :)

MAB probably thinks that the "classic" effect is complete with a classic livery and a classic cabin....

Yes, that was my line of thought too - a "classic" aircraft both inside and out. :)

My only complaint is that if they are doing the exterior paint job, may as well do it wholeheartedly, rather than a half-arsed look. Only two items - bring back the Jawi script with blue background and paint the engines cowling silver or grey (ionized metal look will be ideal but have not seen it on any PW powered 747-400)

Classic livery and classic interior - once given it will win more complaints than praises. No IFE, back to big screens, Seats may be comfy but good luck with finding the classic 747-200/300 products. What's next? Crew wearing old uniforms and old catering menu to complete with the package? Who would want to endure this kind of product these days?

Not to mention how much business sense it makes. Hence virtually no airline with retro livery would want to fit old interior back. Iran Air is a different case.

I don't know if complaining has fast becoming a norm for many Malaysians who are not contend with anything given and always want more and more they can bargain for....

Edited by S V Choong

[flee] is just being sarcastic about the "classic" effect of a classic livery with a classic cabin.

Besides, MAS's 747-400's cabin's hard product is the same with that of the 777-200 they just recently retired.