MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jahur

MAB to Re-Introduce the B747-400; 9M-MPP in Retro Livery

..... and unlike -MXA, -MPP is simply "Malaysian" anyway...mana ada sistem...

"malaysian" on -MPP because it's not immediately obvious whether the "airline system" in much smaller font to bottom and right of the 'y' is reproduced in this retro version :)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malaysian-Airline-System/Boeing-747-236B/2692313/L/&sid=cbd24fb166c1d8f938f4b95fe749fbc6

Edited by BC Tam

"malaysian" on -MPP because it's not immediately obvious whether the "airline system" in much smaller font to bottom and right of the 'y' is reproduced in this retro version :)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malaysian-Airline-System/Boeing-747-236B/2692313/L/&sid=cbd24fb166c1d8f938f4b95fe749fbc6

Font size 8 perhaps?

This -MPP just reminds me of -MHK....

http://www.sbc.airliners.net/photo/Malaysian-Airline-System/Boeing-747-3H6M/2555639/L/

but still puzzling why MAS with its 6 A380s of which 4 are only used for its LHR runs - do need to bring back a 744, even if its A380s are due for some "major" maintenance as the other 2 are for charters which can be adjusted or MAS do not undertake these charters when its whalejets are down for maintenance.

That so-called "Islamic scripture" actually has zero religious connotation - it simply says " Sistem Penerbangan Malaysia" in jawi, and unlike -MXA, -MPP is simply "Malaysian" anyway...mana ada sistem...

When MAS was formed in 1972 after the split, the Malaysian Airline System in blue font and orange-red is the original livery. the deeper red cheatlines and red "malaysian" title came about as a revision to the original livery in the early 80s. The red is deeper and the white line between the red lines are narrower. The 747-200B came online in the early 80s and never adorned with the original blue font and orange-red livery, she wore the latest "malaysian" livery during her time of introduction into the fleet.

9M-MXA is wearing the original Malaysian Airline System livery of the 1970s.

9M-MPP is now wearing the Malaysian livery of the 1980s.

Now we have all sorts of livery from old to new! ;) Lets get the Malayan Airways and MSA livery into the party.

Edited by S V Choong

May I ask, what flight numbers is MPP posed to operate the A380 routes on and what months is she expected to operate?

Reason I ask is so that I can book my next trip down to KUL!

Thank you!

After putting on the livery and i presume some "restoration" to the cabin, it wud be a waste if its send back to store.

Wonder what your average passenger would think of this ?

If I'm not wrong, other airlines' retro campaigns have had old paintwork designs applied on new or newish airframes

MH has instead applied it onto a plane that had been retired for years (infer neglect) but called back into active service :)

Edited by BC Tam

After putting on the livery and i presume some "restoration" to the cabin, it wud be a waste if its send back to store.

Its supposed to be a backup for the A380s - so I guess it will only be trotted out when necessary.

Its supposed to be a backup for the A380s - so I guess it will only be trotted out when necessary.

So MPP will be the back up to the A380's then would it only operate on schedule during the A380 gone offline or is it going to be random?

so after the A380 maintenance done. This plane will go back stored? or use for other route?

Previous Hajj flight was operated by 777..since 777 is no longer in service i guess MPP will be flying hajj charter for this year as well for airports that cant handle A380.

Just my wild speculation

Edited by Yang Zulhilmi

Another stupid decision. Paint the retro on the A380 would have got them world attention and publicity for the right reasons,Current scheme on A380 boring like hell. Why waste $$ painting a plane that's obsolete.

Edited by jadivindra

Previous Hajj flight was operated by 777..since 777 is no longer in service i guess MPP will be flying hajj charter for this year as well for airports that cant handle A380.

Just my wild speculation

Just saw a MH 777 parked near the MTB with Tabung Haji stickers on it...i guess they are still operating it for Hajj or Umrah charters, perhaps the 747 would be repurposed as such as well

If it's -MRM I don't they ever removed the stickers from the last time it was used on those charters.

Saw it parked there last month.

Guess those 777s are earmarked for lease or sale to a new AOC holder in Malaysia.

MEDIA RELEASE

Malaysia Airlines celebrates its place as Malaysias national carrier with the Boeing 747-400 Sepang,

5 April 2016 Malaysia Airlines is pleased to announce the re-commissioning of our B747-400 aircraft inspired by the airlines original livery. The retro livery, on the super jumbo of its time, reflects the airline's long and illustrious history as the national carrier. The newly liveried aircraft, bringing the spirit of Malaysia Airlines's proud history to local communities, will be flying selected domestic destinations from April. The original livery features a retro logo, the Kelantan wau bulan or moon kite in a red circle represents a controlled flight giving an impression of movement. The wau bulan, which is Exclusively Malaysian, is also an expression of the many mythologies associated with the country. Paul Simmons, Chief Commercial Officer of Malaysia Airlines said, The Queen of the Skies will be making its debut with Malaysia Airlines soon to celebrate the airline's illustrious past as the nations flag bearer. The retro livery has proven to be a hit with our guests, and they will be able to spot the 1970 livery, this time on the B747. Moving forward, the retro livery aircraft will be used as an operational spare aircraft to be assigned on an ad hoc basis to destinations, as and when required.

image_zpsob6k1gwi.jpeg

:clapping:The newly liveried aircraft, bringing the spirit of Malaysia Airlines's proud history to local communities, will be flying selected domestic destinations from April

:yahoo: :good: :clapping: :drinks: