MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
chenfu

Rumour news - MH plans to axe London route

It could be true...I heard MH will stop operating from KUL as well...and move all operations to IPH to save costs and try to achieve that elusive profitability.

It could be true...I heard MH will stop operating from KUL as well...and move all operations to IPH to save costs and try to achieve that elusive profitability.

HAHA. Good one!

Maybe someone did the maths and concluded that if the LHR slots can be sold off somehow, the money incoming will make the upcoming flow of red ink less embarassing than it need be, particularly if one has no inclination to continue in employment with the carrier :)

And hey, many have said MH should take Garuda as a role model in turnaround of fortunes - they did abandon London, whole of europe in fact :D

Since they are well and truly into code sharing with their OneWorld parners, perhaps we will one day just have to fly to BKK/SIN and get onto a BA/QF flight to LHR/OZ. Also use CX/HKG, JL/NRT as a stepping stone to East Asia/USA, QR/DOH for Europe/Africa.

Abandoning LHR and moving to STN might be a possibility since the airline could be heading down low cost model? Then we will have 800 pax A380 as flagship route - and economy class seating will be 3-5-3! :)

Don't be surprised la. Sometimes they do things that we normal people view as illogical.. anything can happen.

Maybe someone did the maths and concluded that if the LHR slots can be sold off somehow, the money incoming will make the upcoming flow of red ink less embarassing than it need be, particularly if one has no inclination to continue in employment with the carrier :)

And hey, many have said MH should take Garuda as a role model in turnaround of fortunes - they did abandon London, whole of europe in fact :D

MH is back to profit, VVIP no longer need to share plane with commoners

Endless Possibilties ............... remember this new slogan............

Everyone involved is happy :good:

Axing the flagship route to LHR and focusing on the domestic routes like KCH and BKI. MH can utilise the A380, too. :D HAHAHA!

Maybe they are already planning for the next GE. Those A380 sure comes in handy to fly in Banglas and Indon voters.

So who will serve the KUL-LHR vv route if this happens?

EK, EY, QR.

AirAsia X chance to provide direct flight to London maybe...

AirAsia X chance to provide direct flight to London maybe...

Not until their new A330-300HGW arrives in few years time. I heard from my friend that D7 is now concentrating on A330 only and had pushed back delivery of their A350 to 2020.

Not until their new A330-300HGW arrives in few years time. I heard from my friend that D7 is now concentrating on A330 only and had pushed back delivery of their A350 to 2020.

Why? Even on routes currently within range of the A330, the A350 shd be more economical to operate, no?

Sign in to follow this