MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Teo CK

Sandakan Airport Upgrading

Hi all,

Here are a collection of photos taken at SDK in the past 6 months. Hopefully the construction will complete end of this year as announced earlier. But again, this is Malaysia, anything and everything put boleh...

Costing about 80 millions, it only involves land side upgrading works, which include airport perimeter fencing, expanded terminal building + fully air-con terminal, car park, utility building and new aerobridges, according to earlier reports in the local media. The upgraded terminal maybe look a bit "sibu-like", and the unique coloured glass wall has already gone.

Appreciate if anyone here can share a bit more info regarding this project here.

cheers

vefe.jpg

o85k.jpg

1afv.jpg

gom9.jpg

7y1z.jpg

nxf0.jpg

v69x.jpg

so this mean all airport in Malaysia will be the same design. any plans for adding more aerobridge/gate?

Whether all airports in M'sia is the same design or not we will see once the works are completed. But I would say the Penang airport looks exactly like KK or Ipoh ones. And no, there will not be additional aerobridge at SDK.

Seem like the contractor and architect and engineers, many have Kuching addresses

The mind goes "Ting Ting Ting" somehow :lol:

so this mean all airport in Malaysia will be the same design. any plans for adding more aerobridge/gate?

TGG, KBR and AOR have different designs with TGG is the most attractive one IMO

Whether all airports in M'sia is the same design or not we will see once the works are completed. But I would say the Penang airport looks exactly like KK or Ipoh ones. And no, there will not be additional aerobridge at SDK.

Correction: *I would NOT say PEN & BKI look the same.

cheers