MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
J. Suri

MAS Nasi Lemak Telanjang Criticized by Chef Wan & Chef Zam

Well, the anchovies and peanuts must have been stale on a lot of days. Since Jan 1st, I haven't been served any with the nasi lemak on any regional MH flights!

If the real reason for the telanjangness is food safety issues, a plus point to MH for taking that seriously, but big minus for not pulling that item from the menu altogether until such time a complete version can again be served inflight

Food in Y is normally cooked a few days in advanced. It's really hard to keep anchovies and peanuts crunchy and crispy. The only nasi lemak I ever had on MH is with prawns and boiled egg.

Food in Y is normally cooked a few days in advanced. It's really hard to keep anchovies and peanuts crunchy and crispy. The only nasi lemak I ever had on MH is with prawns and boiled egg.

MH used to provide anchovies and peanuts separately in small plastic tub.

Edited by KK Lee

I think I saw the peanuts in plastic tube recently on MH flight BKI - KUL.

I think MH should just use their famous pre-packaged salted peanuts as subtitutes for roasted peanuts for their nasi lemak.

Their salted peanuts is not good anymore.

Losing 5 stars. I think it is almost a certainty. Just look at the facts:

On board catering - worse

Inflight service - worse

Seat pitch of new aircrafts compared to old aircraft - worse

AJ is going to what IJ did during the his era; 5 stars value carrier. So that's why lunchbox is back, things are stripped to bones again. Don't play play, they might even pull the plug on regional entertainment system, since they may say everyone is bringing their own laptop, iPad, Tab etc.

Only saving grace now is the Best Cabin Crew, since our crew has more "human touch".

The current naked snackbox is depressingly of much lower quality than the red one's paid hotmeals that I feel disgusted each time when served. The only consolidation are the beverages on board. Thinking back on my comments re: snackbox Mk I when it first reared its ugly head, this one literally takes the cake. Pun intended.

Edited by V Wong

If Chef Wan finds it worthy of a critical appraisal after being served this sad-looking Nasi Lemak during a KUL-BKK flight, wait till he sees a pathetically sad anaemic looking Nasi Lemak near the end of a KUL-LHR flight. For several years, I have commented negatively about the Nasi Lemak after flying several times on the KUL-LHR sector and I am glad that finally this issue is being discussed publicly.

Weirdly enough, its subsidiary - Firefly - appeared to have a far superior Nasi Lemak when I flew with it several times.

And it is even worse reading about how much MAS is charged for that pathetic Nasi Lemak ... now it makes me wonder how much each pack of that great tasting roasted peanuts cost.

KC Sim

Weirdly enough, its subsidiary - Firefly - appeared to have a far superior Nasi Lemak when I flew with it several times.

KC Sim

Do Firefly serve Nasi Lemak? I thought they only served muffin or cake.

Who would have ever thought the humble nasi lemak can elicit an eight page commentary (and counting) in an aviation focussed forum :)

11/02/14 KCH-KUL morning flight..Nasi Lemak still nude..& this coming from the kch based catering

AJ is going to what IJ did during the his era; 5 stars value carrier. So that's why lunchbox is back, things are stripped to bones again. Don't play play, they might even pull the plug on regional entertainment system, since they may say everyone is bringing their own laptop, iPad, Tab etc.

Only saving grace now is the Best Cabin Crew, since our crew has more "human touch".

...mutual seperation scheme being offered to senior/long serving crews. so...

I have friends posted 2 webpages on food served by airlines on FB. Although I think some of them may not be an apple to apple comparison, nonetheless it makes good read about food served on other airlines.

http://cforum.cari.com.my/portal.php?mod=view&aid=47137

http://vdoobv.com/cat8/%EF%BC%92%EF%BC%90%E5%AE%B6%E8%88%AA%E7%A9%BA%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8%E3%80%8C%E9%A3%9B%E6%A9%9F%E9%A4%90%E9%BB%9E%E3%80%8D%E5%A4%A7pk%EF%BC%81%E5%88%B0%E5%BA%95%E5%93%AA%E5%AE%B6%E7%9A%84%E9%A4%90%E9%BB%9E/

Flew on MH yesterday, not only "Nasi Lemak Telanjang" but now we can see salted peanuts new packaging. I called it as "Kacang Kurus" or "Kacang Diet" because from previous 20g down now to 15g. Very slim. :D

Did an experiment yesterday. Compared the taste of the following peanuts in one sitting : MH 20g old pack, MH 15g new pack and FY Ngan Yin brand .

Winner - MH 20g old pack, followed by FY. New MH 15g pack peanut ranks last ;-(..... Highly personal taste though.

MH should be honoured that so many people care about its well being. Lets hope they take these comments constructively and improve.

With the emerging airlines such as Emirates, Qatar, Etihad and so on, MH will soon vanish from being one of the top airlines should the management fail to improve the service.

Sign in to follow this