MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
J. Suri

MAS Nasi Lemak Telanjang Criticized by Chef Wan & Chef Zam

Maybe stop serving nasi lemak then. Do noodles or wrap or sandwiches. Not everyone can stomach nasi lemak in the morning.

If they can't serve cucumber or anchovies, they could be creative by having pickled veggies (acar) instead.

Regarding comparison to AirAsia, many trip reports I encountered stated that many passengers purchased the meals onboard. So AirAsia crew might have to reheat the same number of meals per flight.

They had sandwiches loooong time ago, packed in a beautiful packaging.

But the sandwich left a lot to be desired.

fd3.png

Any cabin crew can confirm? As far as i can remember the ikan bilis and peanuts are served in a small plastic container. That should not be that hard to serve.

i think this person miss the point...we are talking about how the caterer and the airline should improve this matter and not about making the life of the crews tougher!

Edited by J. Suri

A proper tray is also missing from the picture uploaded by Chef Wan.

Just flew back from BKI today and yes, the trays are gone. Seems like they've gone back to the 'snack box' era but in my opinion, much worse (The only plus point for me is that I still get hot food and not the cold sandwiches). All I had in my box was the main meal, a cup of water and cutleries. No desserts anymore. The usual coffee/tea/juice/soft drinks are still being offered. Didn't manage to snap a picture but will try to get one soon.

I flew to BKI a few days back on J and it wasn't too impressive either. Flight was at 1415hrs and I was expecting some sort of late lunch to be served but all I got was this...

hglx.jpg

OT - I was pleasantly surprised to be presented with 2 packs of red packets though. Will try to upload a better shot of the red packets soon.

bxjn.jpg

Edited by S M Tang

I totally agree that MAS food cutbacks are getting really shocking.

Flew BKI-KUL mid-January and didn't know either to laugh or get angry with their economy class serving.

After you open the foil, the food only fills up ~30-40% of the tray. I finished up the contents with only 2-3 bites.

Forgot to snap a picture.

Certain flights departing to KK and KCH in the afternoon and evening have high tea served, instead of a regular meal in Business class. Options include finger sandwiches, a scone with butter, cream and jam and hot savouries like a sausage roll, mini mushroom chicken pie etc. economy options remain the same

Any other airlines serving nasi lemak? If the meal takes too much time to prepare perhaps they should not make it available on short haul flights. Let's just accept the fact that certain food is better enjoy on the ground, or on longer flights.

Any other airlines serving nasi lemak? If the meal takes too much time to prepare perhaps they should not make it available on short haul flights. Let's just accept the fact that certain food is better enjoy on the ground, or on longer flights.

AK, D7 and SQ

Edited by KK Lee

i think this person miss the point...we are talking about how the caterer and the airline should improve this matter and not about making the life of the crews tougher!

Exactly.

People are not fussing the "timun" but the quality of catering. If serving the timun and reheating the meal is too much, just give feedback to management and suggest them to come up with something easier like sandwich?

Like Affendi said, learn from Garuda. (Since SQ is way beyond MH to follow)

Perhaps I will just join to the nasi lemak bashing bandwagon and will come out with TR on what GA has to offer for a 55min flight from PLM-CGK. It will put MH to shame I tell ya.

Edited by Fairul

no more bar service after seat belt signs are off on long haul, no more menu card, meals with reduced portion........and for domestic flights across South Cina Sea, no more peanuts....what else will MH cut?

Wow, such bitching about MH, some unnecessary. Pls spare a thought to our friends here who are MH employees.

no more bar service after seat belt signs are off on long haul, no more menu card, meals with reduced portion........and for domestic flights across South Cina Sea, no more peanuts....what else will MH cut?

May be they are thinking of going hybrid. Complimentary AVOD and juice and Enrich Miles for you.

Pls spare a thought to our friends here who are MH employees.

Actually, if said MH employees can share their thoughts on issue here too, that would be so very enlightening :)

(in fact some have already, but perhaps others we are unable to identify)

....what else will MH cut?

Why would you/we want to give them ideas and set them off in that direction ?!! :D Edited by BC Tam

Guest Michael

Despite the cut backs they are still a 5 star airline where as TG is only 4 star same as EK.

Despite the cut backs they are still a 5 star airline where as TG is only 4 star same as EK.

Does this star rating ever feature in your consideration before you click on the 'buy now' button (or whatever is the equivalent) ?

On my part, the answer is - never :)

Oh my God......reading this thread is so depressing! :(

As a comparison to AK's Pak Nasser Nasi Lemak:

hpel.jpg
ddqj.JPG
Edited by JuliusWong

I personally like Malaysian food incl. nasi lemak and the picture shown by Chef Wan is really unappetizing. I hope this will be rectified very soon. Perhaps we should fly on MAS long-haul flights to enjoy good food, my wife and daughter who have travelled return flights SGN-KUL-CDG enjoy very much the food onboard (B772 at that time).

Let's have a look of F and C meals prepared for MAS A380 CDG-KUL, no mentioning about Y-class meals nor nasi-lemak however :-)

http://english.astroawani.com/videos/show/in-focus/sky-dining-on-board-a-a380-14334

MAS' nasi lemak = Brahim = Controversial catering contract with guaranteed profit (to Brahim) for 25 years that charges RM 3 per egg to MH that MH once wanted to re-look but had to bow down due to 'instruction'.

My goodness! RM3 per egg? That freaking expensive. An egg only costs 40 to 60 cents in the market. What makes it so pricey? Supplier pocket fee?

I could not help but thinking what a wasted opportunity for MH not being able to source out a good Nasi Lemak and way cheaper at that too from other caterers such as Pak Nasser because of the stupid 25 years guaranteed minimum profit agreement with Brahim.

Sign in to follow this