MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
alberttky

MAS fights to win back share

Are staff always entitled to free upgrades? While searching for Malaysia Airlines on Google, I came across a blog. This young girl travelled to LHR on first class with her family (all 4 of them). Further scrolling through her blog, I found that her father is a pilot on 737. I don't think other airlines offer the same benefit.

Edited by Johan Z

Are staff always entitled to free upgrades? While searching for Malaysia Airlines on Google, I came across a blog. This young girl travelled to LHR on first class with her family (all 4 of them). Further scrolling through her blog, I found that her father is a pilot on 737. I don't think other airlines offer the same benefit.

Executives and family are entitled to once a year F class ticket. This perk was inherited from MSA, was originally a perk for British and Aussies expats.

Edited by KK Lee

Executives and family are entitled to once a year F class ticket. This perk was inherited from MSA, was originally a perk for British and Aussies expats.

Forgive me for my ignorance. Are pilots considered executives?

Forgive me for my ignorance. Are pilots considered executives?

Yes, pilots are incharge of $40m+ property.

Edited by KK Lee

Yes, pilots are incharge of $40m+ property.

In the old days, yes, but not anymore. Only Commanders and their families are entitled to FC tickets once a year. Other categories of staff including Managers are entitled to EY only except for duty travels.

But for Managers and Executives, they can opt for rebated BCC tickets.

Commanders are equivalent to Managers but First Officers are equivalent to Execuitves.

Thanks. I didn't realise that. How about cabin crew? I imagine they have some sort of entitlements as well according to their position.

Thanks. I didn't realise that. How about cabin crew? I imagine they have some sort of entitlements as well according to their position.

Cabin crew members are graded staff, so their entitlement is EY only.