MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alif A. F.

KKIA expansion?

2056 still single runway? :unknw:

Good for spotters, though! ;)

Dun think there's space for another runway unless its build on the sea which i think many local folks wouldn't want that. Another option is to build a new airport somewhere else which is also getting a polarized response.

Well they can build a bridge in the sea (Macau airport style) - no need to reclaim land...

Extending the buildings will already cost a whopping RM 4.3 billion.

Building a bridge runway could probably cost RM 1 million....per inch.

Those moron or sucker is only good of empty talk than delivering, years of delay and yet the airport construction work still not yet 100% completed at this moment. Different contractor is now in charge of the project, not to mention the pending legal suit from Global Upline Sdn Bhd. A single runway by 2056 is a laughing matter for others. Should anyone believe this moron who are good at giving illusion than turning thing into reality, I guess it's as good as telling others that elephant does fly like a bird.

Edited by Kenneth T

Actually possible. The whole kepayan highway stretch convert into runway. So you have 02/20L and R with the control tower in the middle.

Merry Christmas guys.

Well they can build a bridge in the sea (Macau airport style) - no need to reclaim land...

Are you sure? The runway portion of MFM is actually built on reclaimed land....

If they can indeed build the runway on pilings (or it is cheap enough to do so), they would have already done it.

Bait drawn up for vote fishing GE14, GE15 and beyond perhaps ?

Incidentally, they first have to come out with some strategy to prise the red one away from T2 and have them relocated to T1 first. Until then, it's probably a discussion in futility :)

Bait drawn up for vote fishing GE14, GE15 and beyond perhaps ?Incidentally, they first have to come out with some strategy to prise the red one away from T2 and have them relocated to T1 first. Until then, it's probably a discussion in futility :)

In comparison with current layout, Terminal 2 will be pretty much the same to me. Notice that two parking lots for two widebodies jets immediately to the left of T2 in the plan. Cargo aprons I think.

And what about car parks at current T1, perhaps multi-storied in the future?

Those moron or sucker is only good of empty talk than delivering, years of delay and yet the airport construction work still not yet 100% completed at this moment. Different contractor is now in charge of the project, not to mention the pending legal suit from Global Upline Sdn Bhd.

The Year 2056 plan seems to be focused on expanding terminal capacity at T1. Based on my humble opinion of last upgrading of T1, the contractor (WCT Engineering) who built it seems dont encounter any major issues at all. GUSB was only awarded the project to extend runway and rebuilt T2.

Are you sure? The runway portion of MFM is actually built on reclaimed land....

If they can indeed build the runway on pilings (or it is cheap enough to do so), they would have already done it.

Why is another runway required? I didn't think the traffic level is that high

Do we still need runways in 2056?

Extrapolate on that and we will be asking about need for airports in 2056 ?! :)

But probably yes, for MH will likely still be flying the T7s and 33Es then :D

Why is another runway required? I didn't think the traffic level is that high

It was not my suggestion actually.

Having a runway that is built out at the sea will definitely kill the beach (Beach 3 and Tanjung Aru Resort). Not one of the smartest move in my opinion, regardless whether it is built on pilling or reclaimed land.

Sign in to follow this