MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
CH Teo

MH Fares

Did a random try, is MAS having technical problem or what? The fares sudden shoot up a lot....and for MASwings sectors, you get original results on its' website, but if via MAS webpage, you will shake your head...

Drat, they probably came round to their senses and realized you cannot demand LCC fares from your customers and still manage to feed the masses on their payroll :D

Did a random try, is MAS having technical problem or what? The fares sudden shoot up a lot....and for MASwings sectors, you get original results on its' website, but if via MAS webpage, you will shake your head...

Give me the dates/routes - i'll have a look and see whether the fares still exist, but the low fare buckets are gone, OR, if the low fares are truly gone. The answer is quite easy to determine, better than us all speculating here :)

Give me the dates/routes - i'll have a look and see whether the fares still exist, but the low fare buckets are gone, OR, if the low fares are truly gone. The answer is quite easy to determine, better than us all speculating here :)

I did for dummies on few different routings and dates (Malaysian domestic), all shown the same no matter is peak or non peak season, and I am talking about the expensive tiers (Smart and Flex); is ridiculously priced comparing to the original price...is acceptable that no low fares buckets during non sales period...

Weird things are for MASwings services...different rates altogether on Flex tier when you searched on MAS and MASwings site (it should turned out to be the same anyway)...

I did for dummies on few different routings and dates (Malaysian domestic), all shown the same no matter is peak or non peak season, and I am talking about the expensive tiers (Smart and Flex); is ridiculously priced comparing to the original price...is acceptable that no low fares buckets during non sales period...

Weird things are for MASwings services...different rates altogether on Flex tier when you searched on MAS and MASwings site (it should turned out to be the same anyway)...

There IS an explanation for these "weird" behaviours - there always is, when you dig deep.

There IS an explanation for these "weird" behaviours - there always is, when you dig deep.

Sabotage? ;)

Admirably fast response to an enigma I had encountered 2 days ago. Then I counted my lucky stars that I had either almost zeroed out my Enrich miles or booked low fares during its recent promos for next year's travel.... ' those were the halcyon days....'

E.G.: MYY-KUL during mid April 2014, Smart = RM 572 & Flex = RM 844; it used to be RM 300 plus and RM 400 plus only...

The 572 and 844 are VSTT and HFXX fare basis respectively. There are cheaper VST/VSTF/LST/VSTMHMW eg. (total about 23) published fares that are cheaper, and almost all of them would and should be bookable as inventory is wide open as I see nothing that would indicate that you can't. Either it's a glitch, or the site is intentionally disabling autopricing into the lower fare basis (not all V class is the same). For further reference, I called up my TA to do a dummy booking and it autoprices to the lower VST/VSTF types when purely booking "V".

so: 1) the fares did not disappear 2) if you really want - call a TA or go to MH mobile and do it there, as the Main site is unreliable for now.

Same price range for KCH, MYY, SBW. The longer this lasts the more I think it is intentional, rather than website glitch. Trying to test whether passengers will ditch MH and switch to alternative airlines? At least it has proven to attract passengers with low fares, so now maybe try the reverse and experiment a bit.. I am as confused as MH

Sign in to follow this