MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KS Ong

DC10 - Finals Days of New Era

More test shots...while waiting for Biman pushback..

MWDSC_7276_zps4091855d.jpg

MWDSC_7293_zpsba9bc325.jpg

MWDSC_7345_zps5da4978d.jpg

Edited by mdsaleh

As BG87 door closed,

995.jpg

Pilot wave good bye to us and being pushed back for taxi.

996-1.jpg

997.jpg

Final prep for taxi.

998-1.jpg

999-1.jpg

And making her way out for departure. Airside team should have enough test shot to shoot her by now.

For a bird that is about to be put out to pasture, the paintwork on her looks remarkably decent :)

There, now there is reason to have the entry pass returned back to you :D

Biman is normally using either C2, C4 or C6 in the Satellite Terminal. If the active landing runway is 32L, the standard route would be passing on taxiway F in between the Main Terminal and Satellite Terminal.... seldom she'll pass near the cargo complex.

You can access the 32L threshold area by driving along the perimeter road near it. Check google map.

Thank you very much for the reply. :)

I checked the Google Maps and saw the road is called Jalan Pekililing. Unfortunately I will be flying in from Singapore for just that day only and don't have a car or a driver's licence yet. Is it possible to walk all the way from MTB to the threshold area?

So taxiway F is right in front of Anjung Tinjau in the MTB right? Would it be backlit during that time of Biman DC-10 arriving at 1750 on Saturdays.

Hi Shahid, it will be a long walk ( I guess at least an hour ) if you decide to do that. :nea:

You best bet is to stay at Anjung Tinjau for that DC-10. The place is OK without backlit.

BG extended their DC-10 operation to KUL one more time: last flight now 15feb14 (airlineroute.com)

As per 22JAN14 GDS timetable/inventory display, BIMAN Bangladesh Airlines further extends planned DC10 scheduled operation. The DC10 aircraft is scheduled to operate last scheduled service on 15FEB14, Dhaka – Kuala Lumpur, instead of 13FEB14 (Kuwait – Dhaka).

Planned DC10 schedule to Kuala Lumpur from 01FEB14 to 15FEB14 as follow.

BG086 DAC0915 – 1500KUL D10 35
BG086 DAC1205 – 1750KUL D10 6

BG087 KUL1630 – 1815DAC D10 35
BG087 KUL1930 – 2115DAC D10 6

At the rate things are going ... BG will be operating the DC10 till 2054. Not that I mind. Just don't take them too seriously about retiring it. A bit like reading about Ethiopian's changes (latest latest but not latest) on airline route. Waste of electrons only.

Maybe it's because the MW taikos made them feel so appreciated they just cannot bear to make the final farewell ...... yet :D