MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KS Ong

DC10 - Finals Days of New Era

Wowwwww

This thread surely evokes memory of the early years of MW... nice to see a lot of familar faces... and the antics still the same LOL...

BTW, great photos there...

And Azahan still make us hidung berdarah with his long zoom lens

Hello Shukri bro! Hahaha, yes, same antics but different targets. Its kind of like Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) when coming up with topic like this. Eh, your Butterworth shots please!!

Azahan! Without practise all these years doesn't seem to bother your skill at all. Good job!

Yo bro!! Dream comes true bro that the back road is now open to jokers like us. Where have you been man??!! Eh please laaa bring your darksider D3 back to life. By the way, what plane are you flying now? Dugong??

We packed things up and left the substation after the Biman arrival. Follow Me truck arrived minutes later to lead us to 32R for departure coverage.

6Dec2013_FollowMe_1-1.jpg

We passed through the C17 which was denied access to SIN.

While the active mode shifted to Norman and his gang at Gate C4, we rushed to 32R for departure 'testing'. And we had to stop at a junction along the way......

(Oii......that's NOT Biman!!!)

(change the setting to HD for better viewing)

Once the passengers of Flt 086 disembarked.... we went in into the beautiful aircraft to meet the crew

(prior permissions were sought and readily approved, on Dhaka side as well as KUL side)

The flight was commandeered by Capt Shoiab Choudhury and assisted by Capt Hasnain Choudhury (no relations I believed)

BGmw-NMY_5614.jpg

and we managed to get the whole operating crew to do a group photo

BGmw-NMY_5631.jpg

Some of the crew were actually did the delivery ferry flight of this aircraft back to Dhaka ..

While waiting for the cleaning team to do their chores in the cabin, we went out for external tour of this last passenger servicing DC10...

together with the tech crew..
BGmw-NMY_5642.jpg

Together with Biman's KUL Station Manager, Mr Shaukat...
BGmw-NMY_5661.jpg

... more exterior shots...

BGmw-NMY_5600.jpg

none left out.....

BGmw-NMY_5663.jpg

.... more from terminal/tarmac team later

Testing shot on C17. We are still puzzling why SIN rejected their landing clearance... Point to Ponder. Well, one man's lost is another man's gain.

KULC17_zps71f332a3.jpg

Testing shots on Retro... Having to stop for her and letting her pass in front of you is just surreal.

Retrocrossing_zps10cefadf.jpg

Inilah Barisan Kita....

Line_zpsb26c1506.jpg

Jon is bigger than Retro!

JonRetro_zps2d1a1419.jpg

Edited by KS Ong

While the satellite team members are busy with the Diesel 10, we made our way to 32R

IMG_8705_zps34b8d9d2.jpg

IMG_8707_zps5826172a.jpg

Front view of the C17

IMG_8734_zps975e43e8.jpg

Dugong having her rest before she goes to work at night

IMG_8746_zps21aed5b5.jpg

Retro Jet operating as MH432 to Hong Kong

IMG_8769_zps0d72702c.jpg

blocked view because of David :diablo:

o13865635695859img_8768_zps8437cb5d.jpg

Friendly wave from the cockpit :D

About the C17, congestion at SIN maybe? One would thought that as an ally they (SIN) is ever ready to accept the USAF at any given time.

Hahaha, SIN airport is proving that everyone is treated equally - if u don't have a slot, you have to Q. And if the Q is long, u might as well go elsewhere...

If they want special treatment, they should have applied to go to Paya Lebar! ;)

Once the passengers of Flt 086 disembarked.... we went in into the beautiful aircraft to meet the crew

(prior permissions were sought and readily approved, on Dhaka side as well as KUL side)

The flight was commandeered by Capt Shoiab Choudhury and assisted by Capt Hasnain Choudhury (no relations I believed)

BGmw-NMY_5614.jpg

I must say that this story is the SCOOP of the YEAR! Someone should write a full article and submit it to a magazine for publication! Well done guys..... :)

Look at this classic cockpit - not an LCD panel in sight! :)

All four of us and the Follow Me truck driver had crossed the drain to be closer to the runway. Except Jon.

6Dec2013_32R_1.jpg

When I look at the picture below(hahaha), it reminds me of the great Serengeti wildebeest migration where the migration involves crossing the Mara River. There are always a few wildebeest which refuse to cross due to fear factor. Jon unfortunately is in this category.

6Dec2013_32R_2.jpg

He looked lost. Keh Keh. It was not surprising when he tried to convince us that the runway view was a lot better on his side just to cover up his sadness and fear of imminent crocodile attack.

Finally, after much persuasion and the offered support from a fellow member, his confidence suddenly built up…... :clapping: :clapping:

All four of us and the Follow Me truck driver had crossed the drain to be closer to the runway. Except Jon.

6Dec2013_32R_1.jpg

When I look at the picture below(hahaha), it reminds me of the great Serengeti wildebeest migration where the migration involves crossing the Mara River. There are always a few wildebeest which refuse to cross due to fear factor. Jon unfortunately is in this category.

6Dec2013_32R_2.jpg

He looked lost. Keh Keh. It was not surprising when he tried to convince us that the runway view was a lot better on his side just to cover up his sadness and fear of imminent crocodile attack.

Finally, after much persuasion and the offered support from a fellow member, his confidence suddenly built up…... :clapping: :clapping:

You guys crack me up lah! :rofl:

As the rest was saying.... we had to rush to the other runway to get "Biman Only" departure...

but we had to stop due to the aircraft is too tempting not to shot at them. hehehehe

Nose shot of US Army C-17

c17.jpg

car.jpg

As you can see Din had no camera on his hands... only driving in the perimeter road, while the rest is busy shooting. and yes i am in the "FOLLOW ME" truck. The MAB guy is a nice chap and very friendly too. =)

I am so sorry Jon that i blocked your picture! =p

Here is the result of me blocking him...

mxa.jpg

Here is Jon with his CanON! Jumped from NiKong. hehehehe

jon.jpg

Still figuring out how to use the 70-300mm lens? And he shown us a bit of his belly!

group.jpg

Din clicking away as Azahan do not even interested to shot!

group2.jpg

This is what we did while waiting for "Biman" as we are not allow to shooooooot anything else but "Biman"....

:drinks:

group2.jpg

This is what we did while waiting for "Biman" as we are not allow to shooooooot anything else but "Biman"....

:drinks:

This is Tri-man!

As the turn around time is approx 1.5 hrs... the tarmac team managed to roam the cabin ...

BGmw-NMY_5689.jpg

BGmw-NMY_5693.jpg

Funky retro scheme...

And we waited for arrival of Dhaka bound pax.... and were lucky to photographed a Bangladeshi actor ... here with one of Biman's KUL rep...

BGmw-NMY_5737.jpg

After all the passengers boarded the aircraft... about 70% load...

BGmw-NMY_5751.jpg

We paid a farewell visit to the tech crew.... they were busy preparing for the departure

BGmw-NMY_5755.jpg

BTW.... awesomeness... cockpit with engineer's station...

BGmw-NMY_5759.jpg

Hon Kit was the last "ground staff" to leave the aircraft...

BGmw-NMY_5761.jpg

and farewell BG087

BGmw-NMY_5764-1.jpg

and the classic closing of the DC10's door...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnIm7liaws&feature=youtu.be

Flight Engineers panel. Great stuff! Full classic cockpit.

Jon crossing the River! Awesome. Plus his fair fair tummy skin.

Those cabin shots! Mega retro. Look at the armrest seat placard and crew call button. Wow! Wow Wow!

Many thanks to you guys. It was really hilarious, amazing and nostalgic thread. Only in Malaysia. Boleh!

p.s. Nose King: I'm done with A340-500 after 2.3 years stint. Tutup kedai. Back to A330 on Dec 19th 2013.

Nice illumination of the interior floral design. :good: Also great to see the highly analogous cockpit with the needles of the indicators twisting and turning, which is quite rare in today's aircraft. It really amazes me as to how much planes have evolved.

Great shots of the DC-10. Keep them coming :)

LeeCH: You flew SQ's A345?

" I'm done with A340-500 after 2.3 years stint. Tutup kedai. Back to A330 on Dec 19th 2013."

Too bad no left-seat on 777, so no AMS (!)...

Another chapter in aviation history; and we are delighted to witness the last flight of DC-10 to KUL.

So what will happen to Charlie Romeo? Will she survive the scrapper's axe or to be restored for posterity?