MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nik Farhan

Yellow Fever Vaccination for travellers to Buenos Aires or Sao Paolo

I'm not sure if there's such topic already on the list. But just a quick question: Is it compulsory for a yellow fever vaccination for travelers travelling to Buenos Aires or Sao Paolo?

Yes it is required for you to have the jab and it comes with a yellow card which you would be required to carry around when you travel. I had to when I travelled to GRU three years ago.

No. Yellow fever vaccination is not required nor it is recommended if you are only visiting Sao Paulo or BA. Yellow fever is not endemic to both cities.

Edited by Craig

Not compulsory, but I was told by the travel agent that if we did not take it, we MAY face some quarantine period if Immigration were to check on the way back to KLIA or if you are traveling to another country directly after your trip to Argentina or Brazil. The Immigration of that country may stopped you from entering. Not sure how true is this though.

Not compulsory, but I was told by the travel agent that if we did not take it, we MAY face some quarantine period if Immigration were to check on the way back to KLIA or if you are traveling to another country directly after your trip to Argentina or Brazil. The Immigration of that country may stopped you from entering. Not sure how true is this though.

I've been traveling in and out of Brazil/Argentina multiple times and never been stopped/questioned. But that's just from one person's experience. You should let them know that yellow fever is not endemic to Sao Paulo or BA.

The only time when it was required for me to take the yellow fever shots was when I was traveling from Ethiopia to Malawi (or maybe it was from Zambia to Malawi) and the Malawian officials wanted to see my "yellow card".

I'm not sure if there's such topic already on the list. But just a quick question: Is it compulsory for a yellow fever vaccination for travelers travelling to Buenos Aires or Sao Paolo?

Please refer to this official doc from our Ministry of Health.

http://www.moh.gov.my/images/gallery/Garispanduan/Yellow_Fever_Vaccination_Centre_in_Malaysia.pdf

Not sure if it is compulsory or not.

- I have arrived at GRU maybe 8 times in the last 2 years, and this question was never asked.

- If you go to say, Colombia first, and then board a flight to GRU, then this question seems to be quite normal at check-in!

- I have crossed the Argentina/Brazil border by road, no one cared...

immigration at GRU is so relaxed that if you arrive on business without a visa, they very kindly change your "purpose of visit" to "vacation" and let you in. (Malaysians get visa free entry for vacation only but not for business).

I know that for SQ, only those who have had the jab can work on the GRU route.

Sign in to follow this