MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ikman Ikreza

Direct flight Kota Bharu (KBR) - Don Mueang (DMK)?

From internal source, ticket open for sales probably end of this month. Direct flight Kota Bharu to/from Bangkok via DMK airport offering 4x weekly on Fri, Sun, Mon & Wed starting on 24th Jan 2014.

Its finally bookable! But as usual the fare is freaking expensive. RM656 for return journey. IMHO, this is the trully community route. Connecting small scale city with bigger one.

do you guys think the routes will be a success?? i can see maybe routes like kota bharu to phnom penh and ho chi minh city are also coming on the way. also langkawi-bangkok, langkawi-medan, langkawi-phuket, johor-padang, johor-pontianak, johor-palembang, penang-pekanbaru.

meanwhile, if ones choose to travel KBR-KUL-DMK, the traveling time including transit will be around 3,5-4 hour, but with more flexibility giving the high frequency of both legs.

Bangkok has lotsa tourists, so i think a lot of them would pay just for a direct flight to KBR, for the islands!

Edited by Walter Sim

Heard the latest news and was informed Firefly's inaugural flight KBR/DMK as early schedule commencing on 24th Jan 2014 will be postponed to 19th Mar 2014 due to current politic situation in Bangkok. On website, new booking only available starting on 19th Mar 2014.

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 8 (Bernama) -- Firefly, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines, has deferred the commencement of its newest route between Kota Baharu and Bangkok to March 19.

In a statement, the airlines said the route, originally scheduled to commence on Jan 24, was deferred due to the unrest and uncertainty surrounding the political situation in Bangkok.

"Passengers who have purchased tickets to Bangkok on Firefly are advised to contact Firefly's Call Centre at +603-7845 4543 or email customer_care@fireflyz.com.my for a full refund," it said.

For more information and current updates, visit www.fireflyz.com.my.

Officially statement by Firefly Airlines.

Firefly Defers Commencement of Kota Bharu - Bangkok Service

8 January 2014

SUBANG - Firefly Airlines has issued a statement today that due to the unrest and uncertainty surrounding the political situation in Bangkok, Firefly has deferred the commencement of its newest route between Kota Bharu and Bangkok.

The route was originally scheduled to commence on 24 January however will now be deferred to 19 March 2014.

Passengers who have purchased tickets to Bangkok on Firefly are advised to contact Firefly’s Call Centre at +603-7845 4543 or email customer_care@fireflyz.com.my for a full refund. For more information and current updates, visit www.fireflyz.com.my.

Source : http://www.fireflyz.com.my/about/media-room/news-releases/2014/firefly-defers-commencement-of-kota-bharu-bangkok-service?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-media&utm_content=kbr-dmk&utm_campaign=annoucement

Sign in to follow this