MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

Lufthansa to Terminate Kuala Lumpur on 1 March 2016

From my understanding, most travellers who have visited Malaysia (or KL at least) found out that it is being too modern, too multiracial and it doesnt has a strong single identity such as Japan or Thailand. At least, this is what I read from some Trip Reports about KL on A.net and FlyerTalk.

Shucks.. If that is the case then I prefer we forgo the tourist dollars.. I struggle to fathom this, especially given that Singapore I very much the same mixed identity, cuisine and culture that we are in addition to the modernity and civil order.. Yet tourists flock there (rather expensively)... Our problem is perception... Plus we don't preserve our history very well..

Perhaps the question of why visit Singapore/Thailand should be answered by foreigners in this forum. Being "inside" we often lament about this and that. Even some Singaporeans complaint about Changi and SQ.

We'll probably see both AF and LH return when the oil prices start to increase again... current oil prices gave lots of impact to O&G company to scale back their operation.. if i'm not mistaken company from French & Germany have a major present in the O&G local scenes.. with the oil prices tanking to all time low there's not much business left..

Actually I know a lot of people who have visited Malaysia. Half of them say what a beautiful place. The other half have been scammed. Not just by taxi drivers, but tricked into card games, drugged and robbed, credit card duplicated, etc.

Swiss people do travel a lot and I hear stories about little scams from many countries, but overwhelmingly the elaborate scams are from Malaysia. Malaysians.. Decently educated...low moral values. Sorry, but that is the perception and these incredible stories do get around.

At least credit card companies are on the lookout even if the police are not doing anything about it.

Actually I know a lot of people who have visited Malaysia. Half of them say what a beautiful place. The other half have been scammed. Not just by taxi drivers, but tricked into card games, drugged and robbed, credit card duplicated, etc.

Swiss people do travel a lot and I hear stories about little scams from many countries, but overwhelmingly the elaborate scams are from Malaysia. Malaysians.. Decently educated...low moral values. Sorry, but that is the perception and these incredible stories do get around.

At least credit card companies are on the lookout even if the police are not doing anything about it.

Find most Malaysians tend to over promise, under deliver and wanted to get rich quick. In a country that I visit regularly, Malaysian businessmen have dubious reputation; many well known business failure and scam is related to Malaysian.

The other factor could be due to lack of promotion in other parts of the world. After the kidnapping cases all the narrow-minded ministers have in their mind is to lure back the Chinese, Chinese and more Chinese.

The other factor could be due to lack of promotion in other parts of the world. After the kidnapping cases all the narrow-minded ministers have in their mind is to lure back the Chinese, Chinese and more Chinese.

At least Sabah tourism ministry (if you are referring to Sabah) promotes the state in North America, focusing on US West Coast, with cities such as SF and LA that are easily connected and closer to ICN, HKG and NRT.

Anyway, we are getting slightly deviate from the topic now...😊

Likewise for Malaysian food, it is far less popular than say Thai food in foreign countries. Take Malaysian food in Sydney, for example, many of my non-Malaysian friends are reluctant to try it. However, once they have tried it, they like it very much.

Rich multi-cultural identity indeed is a gift to Malaysia and I think Malaysia should preserve it. The challenge for Malaysia is how to promote it. The negative news and 'incidents' happening in Malaysia definitely wouldn't help foreigner's perception towards Malaysia.

I guess the Melbourne crowd is more educated about Malaysia then their Sydney counterparts, because here in Melbourne, Malaysian food is one of the more popular cuisines, there have been several Malaysian chains popping up too like Old Town Coffee and Papa Rich who have been hugely successful along with other local Malaysian establishments that have been opened for a while now. Laksa and Hawker type foods are very popular in Melbourne amongst the Caucasian-Australian and Asian-Australian crowds.

I think the "Malaysia truly Asia" campaigns in the past were quite good, showing the different ethnic groups living in Malaysia, you had women wearing traditional clothing from their different traditions, all together showing an homogenous image that Malaysia is a different and celebrates diversity and has many sides to it.

They should continue flying to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok around 3 to 4 times weekly

They prefer not to do night stopover anymore cause it is causing them a bomb just like the previous FRA-KUL-CGK.