MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

Lufthansa to Terminate Kuala Lumpur on 1 March 2016

According to http://www.justplanes.com
Lufthansa will discontinue service from Munich to Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City and Kuala Lumpur at the end of March and move those to Frankfurt as follows :
Frankfurt-Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur service will start on Mar 26th and operate 4x a week, on Tue/Wed/Fri/Sun, with a B747-400.
Frankfurt-Bangkok-Ho Chi Minh City service will start on Mar 27th and operate 3x a week, on Mon/Thu/Sat, with a B747-400.

Yeah! the Lufthansa is bringing the queen of the sky back to KUL smile.gif

According to http://www.justplanes.com

Lufthansa will discontinue service from Munich to Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City and Kuala Lumpur at the end of March and move those to Frankfurt as follows :

Frankfurt-Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur service will start on Mar 26th and operate 4x a week, on Tue/Wed/Fri/Sun, with a B747-400.

Frankfurt-Bangkok-Ho Chi Minh City service will start on Mar 27th and operate 3x a week, on Mon/Thu/Sat, with a B747-400.

Yeah! the Lufthansa is bringing the queen of the sky back to KUL  smile.gif

Baaaaaahhh, have to be quick in order to make a flight a the 346, either on BKK-KUL or v.v. ohmy.gif

Seems like Lufthansa will be de-tagging its Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur flight and fly nonstop to KUL instead. Flights are loaded into the GDS and are available for sale. Flight schedules beginning 30 March 2014:

LH782 FRA 2205 – 1605+1 KUL 1725 – 1820 CGK 346 x23
LH783 CGK 1935 – 2235 KUL 2355 – 0630+1 FRA 346 x34

Ho Chi Minh City will be suspended while Bangkok will be a turnaround with a noon departure ex-BKK.

LH772 FRA 1735 - 0935+1 BKK 346 D

LH773 BKK 1200 - 1830 FRA 346 D

Good news for KUL!

Edited by Craig

A340-600!!!

You can't get better than that! Except maybe 748.

You can't get any better than the A346? The FRA-based A346s are all old C/F and Y is just the same as the rest (maybe slightly better than the 744).

Does this mean the crew over night station will be in KUL as well from now on ?

Yes, of course from 30 March 2014 ;). If they are flying per their BKK rotation, they would:

Day 1: FRA-KUL

Day 2: Arrive KUL

Day 3: Rest day in KUL

Day 4: KUL-CGK-KUL shuttle

Day 5: KUL-FRA

I believe KLM has the same rotation as well.

Woah! Great news indeed! I doubt they actually made any money with their current flights to KUL all these years!

Hopefully this means they will finally start offering a more competitive air fares to Europe and beyond because when you compare their air fares with Air France-KLM's, AF-KL is consistently cheaper than LH all the time.

Edited by Isaac

Woah! Great news indeed! I doubt they actually made any money with their current flights to KUL all these years!

Hopefully this means they will finally start offering a more competitive air fares to Europe and beyond because when you compare their air fares with Air France-KLM's, AF-KL is consistently cheaper than LH all the time.

Strangely, each time I tried a dummy booking on LH to UK or The Americas, it was super pricey given the flight has two stops; BKK and FRA.

LH are very pricey even on their intra-Europe flights. I paid RM800++ for BKK-KUL just to get qualifying fares.

SGN getting axed is a pretty interesting move, a lot of European airlines are trying to get in, and now we see, LH one of the largest, pulling out? I think the BKK stop is affecting the flight in being competitive. I guess VN will be quite happy.

just heads up that there's awesome First class award seats available on this flight for most of next year. LH usually releases seats only 2 weeks before but there are available even now for this flight

Can't book KUL - CGK yet on their website....seems we have to wait for the approval to come through :D

Usually the 5th freedom rights will come a bit later. It happened with RJ and MS previously.

On the news, I am so happy that KUL is making a big wave with European carriers as of late. AF is increasing its frequency from 3 to 4 weekly + a change of aircraft with more seats on offer, and now LH is upgrading its service to a non stop, a better frequency (5 weekly vs 4 weekly as at present) and with a rather exotic aircraft to KUL.

Hopefully this will give pressures to other European airlines (read: BA) to consider KUL, otherwise they might lose on the good stuff with the French, the Dutch and the German.