MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

What happens when you flush a plane loo?

I am now very much enlightened! Would love to do the toilet experiment in the video, hahaha!

Btw I still remember the plane loos with the swirling thick blue liquid flushing the stuff away.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/travel-truths/10385682/What-happens-when-you-flush-a-plane-loo.html

===

Tough to do it on BI's 787s...the lid will first close shut before flushing....at least in Y toilets...

My late grandmother believed it was jettisoned from the aircraft and spread all over. She said it could explain why my hair was so brown. (Dyed hair wasn't allowed in school- had to get my mum to write in to say it was a medical condition)

Do trains still drop 'em on the tracks like the good old days?

Just the very very old trains i think. There's a loo inside KLIA Express and all human waste is stored beneath it like a plane.

The KTMB Intercity coaches still do this I think. That's why there is a notice saying that the usage of the onboard loos are prohibited when the trains are at stations. Presumably to avoid stinking the stations. :ninja:

Yeap still does and if you're lucky, you could see it in action even at station stop.....

I had the (dis)pleasure of using one on an NS train in the Netherlands, loo came with a notice not to use during station stops like the ones on KTMB.

Edited by Newitt

A room with a view -- twice I got this in A340s.

IMAG0299.jpg

How i wish that airlines (Asian carriers at least) will consider to install squat toilet in their planes. I'm just not interested to sit on other people's urine... or worse... someone's semen... hey, that happens you know ? Saiful is a good example :p

I think I must have pasted this picture somewhere else before :)

IMG_1534.jpg

Truck was going in direction away from airport - hopefully they still managed back there :D

Etihad seem to favour little rooms with views

345a6-ehc.jpg

A6-EHC (A345)

77Wa6-eth.jpg

A6-ETH (B77W)

:)

(apologies for wonky pic of A6-EHC, photobucket having mind of its own this evening)

Edited by BC Tam

No chance of anyone peeping you once you are up there. :D

If anyone is peeping in from outside when 30k up in the air, we should worry for that person/thing instead :D

If anyone is peeping in from outside when 30k up in the air, we should worry for that person/thing instead :D

Sign in to follow this