MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

2015 Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition

I will be at LIMA15 on Friday... day trip, fly in early morning, fly out at night... who will be at LGK on Friday 20th March?

Ill be there fitri. Lets make a list of mwings membrs who will be there during LIMA. So far we have:

LIMA 2015

Iwan 15/3 to 22/3

Sascha 15-3 to ?

Fitri 20/3 (day trip)

Feel free to add to the list.

Indon's aerobactic team have an incidence while practicing for LIMA?

Two planes from its Jupiter team crashed.

nstp tweeted/

jupiter-team-kt-1b-03.jpg

LANGKAWI: Two KT-1B aircraft of Indonesia's Jupiter aerobatics team crashed about 2pm today when they grazed each other during practice for the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) 2015 exhibition.

The fate of the four pilots aboard the aircraft is still unknown though witnesses reported that they were able to eject.

One of the aircraft crashed within the perimeter of the Langkawi International Airport but the other was said to have crashed near or in a village on the outskirts of the airport.

Casualties are, as yet, unknown.

The two aircraft were part of a formation of six when the incident occurred.

All practice flights for aircraft on aerial displays were stopped as combat search and rescue helicopters are deployed to find the pilots-nstponline

Edited by Cire

updates..tweetsnstp

Four pilots are safe. 2 houses were on fire.. no ground casualty was thought at press time.

Was barely a kilometer away from the crash site today. Couldnt get any visual as the collision was behind us and there were trees blocking our view. Heard a loud cracking sound and was shocked to hear an explosion soon after. Something i hope i wont experience again. Im so glad there were no casualties

since im insanely lazy to upload to photobucket after my last bad experience there, feel free to browse some of my photos here. Not the best of photos but enjoyed every moment of it so far! :)

https://www.facebook.com/iwan.shafiee/media_set?set=a.10152632927786712.1073741841.631291711&type=3&uploaded=10

Yeah, one cat KIA.

Team Jupiter balik kampung today.

Yeah was kinda hoping they would stay or at least bid farewell with a special flypast.

LIMA 2015: Largest, Most Popular Aerospace And Maritime Exhibition

LANGKAWI, March 16 (Bernama) -- Despite two aircraft crashing during a training session yesterday, the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition (LIMA 2015) kicks off tomorrow as the largest and premier edition in its 25 years history.

With the participation of 512 companies from 36 countries worldwide and 110 aircraft and 65 ships, LIMA 2015 in its 13th edition of the exhibition reaffirms its position as the leading defence technology in the Asian region.

"With the participation of 512 companies it represents an increase of 18 per cent from the previous edition and we are also eyeing 168,000 trade visitors and the general public," said Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein in a press conference aboard the KD Jebat today.

According to him, 70 per cent of the 25 major defence companies in the world and five of the world's largest helicopter manufacturers will be present at the biennial exhibition on the island resort, which will be opened by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak tomorrow.

Hishammuddin said LIMA will also feature local defense companies such as Deftech, Sapura, National Aerospace Defence Industries (NADI), Boustead Heavy Industries Corp (BHIC) and MARA Aerotech.

Yesterday, two Jupiter Aerobatic Team aircraft belonging to the Indonesian Air Force crashed at 2.04 pm after grazing each other during a practice session, but the four pilots survived.

Today, the Jupiter team confirmed it had decided to withdraw from the LIMA 2015 exhibition and returned to Indonesia.

This year's LIMA has not only attracted the largest warships and aircraft in history, it also has the presence of all 10 defence ministers of the ASEAN member countries, something that has never happened before.

Among the highlights tomorrow is the cross country flight by a new asset, a transport aircraft Atlas A400M, accompanied by Royal Malaysian Air Force fighter aircraft.

Among the conventions to be held during LIMA are 'Chief of Navy Roundtable Talk', 'Air Chief Conference' and 'Aviation Summit'.

Great photos bro.

Cheers.

since im insanely lazy to upload to photobucket after my last bad experience there, feel free to browse some of my photos here. Not the best of photos but enjoyed every moment of it so far! :)

https://www.facebook.com/iwan.shafiee/media_set?set=a.10152632927786712.1073741841.631291711&type=3&uploaded=10

Yeah was kinda hoping they would stay or at least bid farewell with a special flypast.

News print today reported that the victims of the house that was destroyed are still homeless.

I always thought that the RM10,000 paid by the Indonesian was pretty low.