MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

2015 Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition

The LGK runway is 3,810m long - so it isn't a problem. But I think the USAF prefers people to look at it from the outside. Too many secrets inside. The P8 is similarly highly secret.

Looks like they have not given up trying to sell the Super Hornet to the RMAF. They are here in 2013 too. So that might mean the Omega Tanker will be around too.

web.jpg

They will want to capitalise, especially after seeing how close Obama and Najib lately

Hi guys, I booked a small guesthouse near the airport. It's got 6 rooms and so far it's me and one more person. If anyone would like to share a room do feel free to let me know? Just looking for people to fill up the room so it won't be so empty :D Price, well, will leave it open. A small token sum will be fine.

I'll get a rental car as well (hopefully), and still got 2 seats, so if anyone would like to share that cost, that'd be great :)

See-ing trade tickets are RM50, while Public Day's RM10 ... quite tempted to go for Trade Ticket and hopefully avoid the crowd on the last 2 days ?

Can anyone advise if there are any additional checks on Trade Tickets ? Don't mind wearing a tie if it helps :p

Same here as well. If the trade days are open to public, I'd love to go for that too :D

See-ing trade tickets are RM50, while Public Day's RM10 ... quite tempted to go for Trade Ticket and hopefully avoid the crowd on the last 2 days ?

Can anyone advise if there are any additional checks on Trade Tickets ? Don't mind wearing a tie if it helps :p

Hi guys, just re-posting if there's any advice regarding visiting on trade days ? Website lists Trade Day tickets at RM50... and RM40 extra is a small price to pay if there's more to see + less crowd.

But worried if there's any stringent checks ?

You can use your company name to register for the trade days, just do not wear bermuda and slipper.

Thought I read somewhere that we need to be in office attire for the trade days?? Wouldn't that be incredibly hot?

Thanks ! Trade day tickets it is then :)

What are the latest news or rumors?

Read, that the B-52 will shown in static-display only!?

Ups, no August1st and Black Knights only with three a/c!?! Not the best news ...

AFAIK, the RSAF BK will be performing a two aircraft show, one spare aircraft.

Ups, no August1st and Black Knights only with three a/c!?! Not the best news ...

The current list does show 1st august as part of the aerial display programme with 7 aircrafts. Either way still looks juicy

There is a possibility that the PLAAF August 1st pulling out at the last minute like the 2014 Singapore Airshow.

This is the team to catch as they do not usually perform outside of China and the only operator of the J10.

Not seeing any chatter about the August 1st from China internet forum too.

The current list does show 1st august as part of the aerial display programme with 7 aircrafts. Either way still looks juicy

AFAIK, the RSAF BK will be performing a two aircraft show, one spare aircraft.

Two aircraft?? Not gonna be as great as the Singapore Airshow, but who knows, they might have some new moves.

Frankly speaking, the RKAF outshone the RSAF at the SAS 2014. Nothing special about the RSAF display - they fly too safe. Even our Smokey Bandits can offer more thrills...

Agree with that. Somehow, for one, the RSAF seem to have taken longer loops before displaying at center stage, while the RoKAF took tighter turns, reducing crowds' "wait" time.

The RSAF shot flares at the end though :) . Nothing phenomenal, but great nonetheless.

Agree with that. Somehow, for one, the RSAF seem to have taken longer loops before displaying at center stage, while the RoKAF took tighter turns, reducing crowds' "wait" time.

The RSAF shot flares at the end though :) . Nothing phenomenal, but great nonetheless.

Would be great if they had flares at LIMA. witnessing fighters dispensing flares is quite a rare sight for me. (Those tiny 'sparks' from smokey bandits doesnt count) :p

There is a possibility that the PLAAF August 1st pulling out at the last minute like the 2014 Singapore Airshow.

This is the team to catch as they do not usually perform outside of China and the only operator of the J10.

Not seeing any chatter about the August 1st from China internet forum too.

Well, sure hope they dont pull out. Although the J10 arent really pretty to look at, this might be a rare opportunity for us

This will also be the first and last time to take photos of the RSAF Blacknights in the red paint work and there is no opportunity to take photos when the RSAF F16 doing landing here in Singapore.

Hopefully we are able to see the August 1st with one of the lady pilot.

Cheers.

Edited by xtemujin