MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

2015 Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition

Info from a friend from Jakarta:

Indonesian Jupiter Team will come to Langkawi!

Unconfirmed: Airbus Military will bring the A400M.

Possibly the first RMAF bird ?

It is expected 'first quarter 2015' after all :)

Edited by BC Tam

Rumour from an english airshow-forum:

RSAF Black Knights will perform on next years LIMA.

The Black Knights gave quite a display back in the Singapore Airshow, ending their show with some flare release (seemed really cool to me). Hope to see that again. Excitement slowly building up for LIMA.

Hope, this isn't the final list!?! I miss the smokey-bandits! Are the MiG's still in service?

Hi Guys, I'm keen on heading to LIMA 2015...but will likely not be staying a day. My plan to fly into Langkawi in the morning and head to the display area from there. Just wondering if anyone's done this and if transportation will be a problem? Planning to head out on the same day back to KUL :D

Hi Guys, I'm keen on heading to LIMA 2015...but will likely not be staying a day. My plan to fly into Langkawi in the morning and head to the display area from there. Just wondering if anyone's done this and if transportation will be a problem? Planning to head out on the same day back to KUL :D

It is not a problem - get the first flight into LGK and a 7 or 8 pm flight out of LGK back to KUL.

The expo hall is just next door to the airport - 5-8 mins walk.

It is about a 15 minutes walk from the Langkawi airport to the Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre.

Bear in mind that you flight may be delayed to Langkawi due to the closure of the airspace.

It's quite difficult to get taxis during LIMA at the airport.

Hope, this isn't the final list!?! I miss the smokey-bandits! Are the MiG's still in service?

Smokey Bandits unlikely to perform any more. RMAF is trying to reserve as many flight hour as possible, only for military ops or major air exercise like the recent Cope Taufan 2014 with USAF.

We are still not sure whether the Airbus A400M will be RMAF or still under Airbus.

I'm still wondering will TAI bring in the T129 attack helicopter.

Edited by xtemujin

Yup was certainly excited to see the Al Fursan and a400m in the list! The black kngihts will definitely make it more interesting!

I guess either way, airbus is sort of obliged maybe to bring a unit if they couldnt deliver the first unit to us. :p

Edited by iwan

It is not a problem - get the first flight into LGK and a 7 or 8 pm flight out of LGK back to KUL.

The expo hall is just next door to the airport - 5-8 mins walk.

Good info, might take this option unless staying in Langkawi is recommended ?

The next slot to showcase the RMAF A400M will be the 2015 Hari Kemerdekaan Malaysia, flypast.

that would probably give our pilots enough time to familiarize themselves with the plane. doubt the display during LIMA will be from RMAF.

Anyway, was wondering how early does the planes normally arrive for rehearsals. plan to arrive on the 14th but am afraid it might be too early

August 1st!?! Sounds very, very good! Any news regarding the participation of the Black Knights?

When is the confirmed dates for LIMA 2015? Any Apache Ah64D attendance this year?

Edited by GeO

Mr Ahmad Dzuhri (think he's in LIMA orga-team!?) twittered on Jan 3rd:

" Most likely 5 aerobatic teams. The most at LIMA. Unable to share details at the mo!"

We know Kris Sakti, Jupiter an Al Fursan! Hopefully the both others are 81 and the Black Knights!