Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

RM100mil over 3 years for PM’s private jet

KUALA LUMPUR: The use of national carrier Malaysia Airlines (MAS) for

the Prime Minister's official overseas visits is unsuitable for several

factors.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim

said MAS does not cover all areas and it is unsuitable for the country's

leader to board commercial aircraft with the other passengers.

"It involves the country's image. This means the Prime Minister has to wait with the other passengers (before he can fly ).

"To charter a MAS aircraft will incur higher costs for the government,"

he said when winding up debate on Supply Bill 2014 at committee stage in

Parliament today.

More here

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2013/11/18/parliament-pm-official-visits-aircraft.aspx

Bit comical, this. :rofl:

Phew, now I can fly MH with peace of mind knowing that this Najis fler will not come barging into my flight with his bodyguards and a lump of meat for a wifey! ;) :drinks:

Phew, now I can fly MH with peace of mind knowing that this Najis fler will not come barging into my flight with his bodyguards and a lump of meat for a wifey! ;) :drinks:

Oh... that's the wifey? I thought it was a plastic bag full of botox

THE Government executive jets are not only utilised by the Prime Minister, but also other national VVIPs, says Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim.

He said it was untrue that the jets are used by Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak alone, adding that they are also used by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, his deputy and the Deputy Prime Minister.

Shahidan was responding to criticism by Opposition MPs on why Najib does not use commercial flights such as Malaysia Airlines (MAS) like his Singaporean counterpart.

Shahidan said there are six government executive jets in all.

Azmin Ali (PKR-Gombak) asked whether the Prime Minister’s wife was entitled to use the executive jet for her travels, including to Doha recently to attend the Qatar Inter­national Businesswomen Forum.

Shahidan said the Cabinet had agreed to it (for the Prime Minister’s wife to use the executive jet) because the visit to Qatar is an important one.

However, Azmin demanded to know if the Prime Minister had left the government room when the Cabinet members made the decision to approve his wife’s use of the executive jet.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2013/11/19/Exec-jets-not-used-by-PM-alone-Other-national-VVIPs-utilise-aircraft-too-says-minister.aspx

"Shahidan said the Cabinet had agreed to it (for the Prime Minister’s wife to use the executive jet) because the visit to Qatar is an important one"

- I'm curious how important this is to Malaysia as a country and what she could have done on behalf of Malaysia that nobody else could

Of course it's important. She's the incumbent in the parliamentary seat of er.. wait... she's minister of.. mmm... I can't remember now. Someone refresh my memory which political office she holds... I'm getting old and my Malaysian politics is rusty. I'm pretty sure someone somewhere elected her into a position of power. I just don't remember where or when.

Until mid 1990's before RMAF took delivery of Global Express, on foreign mission with large contingent, Dr M tend to travel on chartered MH aircraft.

Of course it's important. She's the incumbent in the parliamentary seat of er.. wait... she's minister of.. mmm... I can't remember now. Someone refresh my memory which political office she holds... I'm getting old and my Malaysian politics is rusty. I'm pretty sure someone somewhere elected her into a position of power. I just don't remember where or when.

U.S. Department of State nicknamed Indonesian SBY first lady "cabinet of one", wonder whether they confer similar title to her.

With QR operating up to 3 flights a day to DOH from KUL, it's not too shabby a ride to get to DOH...Rosmah could very well jump on one of these, unless QR is not classy enough.

With QR operating up to 3 flights a day to DOH from KUL, it's not too shabby a ride to get to DOH...Rosmah could very well jump on one of these, unless QR is not classy enough.

She is ONE (some say a few) class(es) above QR first class, being the FIRST lady of the nation, elected MP of 'ONEKabinet Malaysia', because her visit is an important ONE.. naturally you have to give her ONE government executive jet!

I heard a shocking piece of rumour from a KLIA cabbie two nights ago.. (they are the best source of information)... Apparently somebody could devour one whole chicken in one sitting alone, so that the VVVIP lounge in KLIA must be cleared when she is dining there. Rumour of course, but a rather entertaining thought

Edited by V Wong

The cabinet approved it..I wondered if the cabinet members who approve it have any say at all. But then, in umno, everything the FL wants, they just angguk je...So, the blame is spread among the cabinet members. Please do tell us who are the cabinet members !

These MPs and the premier themselves are government servants. But they acted as if they are the master, and the tax payers as servants. Its getting out of hand, and they have another term of abusing to do. God have mercy on Malaysia and its law abiding citizens.

What image is Sahidan talking about? The moron image just like him? He is so unlikable locally that he needed to pay consultants to improve his image 24/7 ! His tour of the country are placated with bus loads of paid supporters. Government servants are given time off to welcome this dungu (a must), and pocket monies handed out. What a laugh. Like the King with his invincible cloth. Walking and smiling as if he is truly liked by the people.

Sign in to follow this