MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

RM100mil over 3 years for PM’s private jet

A fish rots from the head down...in bole land, utility planes and helicopters are used as private flights for the people upstairs for golf trips, very very nearby visits, work to home etc. Some have comfy vip cabin interiors disguised as utiliy planes operated by some agencies.

Edited by MIR

Tak payah risau kawan kawan sekalian....siapa yang dosa, dialah yang akan dapat pahala....suatu hari bila mereka dah MATI KATAK.....hahahaha

Huh? You sure? That seems a bit contradictory?

Someone posted pictures of a former PM using a gov aircraft to "balik Raya" some time ago. I wonder if a former PM is entitled to that? He was already just an MP only.

I just hope one day when the opposition comes into power, they'll make these people pay.

They'll make them pay alright. But when the dust settles you'll see that they will be doing the exact same thing as well. Why? Because they're Malaysians, they're cut from the same cloth. And I have yet to see any proof otherwise.

I find this whole malarkey to be utterly pointless and detracts people from the real issues which needs resolving.

But that's way OT.

The jet-setter and wannabe PM

With thousands of families struggling to pay their bills and many having to forgo the annual holidays, you would think self-styled ‘First Lady’ (FLOM) Rosmah Mansor might exercise a little restraint with her spending.

Rosmah’s trip to Qatar, in early November, was paid by the taxpayer. The cabinet had approved Rosmah’s use of the executive jet to for this “important trip”. The important trip Shahidan referred to, included a fashion show in Qatar.

One would understand if it was Zandra Rhodes flying to fashion capitals around the world; but Rosmah?

Shahidan said that Rosmah was representing Malaysia, “for the interest of the people.”

Would Shahidan like to explain how Rosmah can be identified with many Malaysians and the specific interest he meant? Whenever he opens his mouth, Shahidan makes less sense than a villaged10t.

He talked about Rosmah’s trip having a “positive effect” on the country. The only positive thing about the trip is the vitriol which the rakyat has heaped upon Najib Tun Razak and Rosmah.

In the run-up to GE13, Najib banished his wife into the background. She maintained a low profile because he knew that with her presence, he would have suffered even more drastic losses.

Now that the elections are over Rosmah has returned with a vengeance. Remember how she would allegedly order newspapers editors and owners to show her in a positive light and feature at least one article and one flattering photo of her in the mainstream media and TV everyday.

Najib knows that surrounding himself with intelligent, independent and creative young men would make him stick out like a diseased tree so he cultivates men and women who are past their sell-by date, who lack charisma and intellect, and who are born with nodding donkey syndrome to champion him because he knows that outsiders would view him as the cleverest man in the cabinet.

Shahidan is typical of the dumb Malay who invokes the name of God when he has nothing constructive or intelligent to say. He said, “May God make those who lie about this issue to repent or increase his wrath on them.” With this statement, Shahidan is stating quite clearly that he does not fear the wrath of God.

Shahidan praised Rosmah for being hardworking and said that Malaysians should learn to appreciate her.

If both Shahidan and Rosmah want to know what working hard is then they only need to descend from their ivory towers and see what goes on in the land of the living and not the land of make-believe in Putrajaya. There are people who are struggling to feed their families and are barely surviving.

Rosmah arrived in Qatar on Nov 10 and on the following day delivered a 25 minute speech at the Qatar International Business Women’s conference which was held at the St Regis Hotel in Doha.

She told the delegates that women owned just under 20 % of the businesses in Malaysia. Some had started off small then became “larger” enterprises. She said that women were capable of success, when given equal opportunities and support.

Expensive tea parties

Did that short elementary address warrant a planeload of ministerial wives and their entourage all junketing at the taxpayer’s expense?

It would have been more judicious for Rosmah and the other wives to donate the millions of ringgits wasted on the trip to establish a business fund to assist single mothers to start businesses or get further education or to pay for childcare.

On the same day Rosmah met the Qatari PM and delivered Najib’s invitation for him to visit Malaysia in 2014.

It would have been cheaper for the two men to speak over the phone or arrange for the Malaysian ambassador to deliver the invitation.

On the following day Rosmah paid a visit to The Qatar Foundation to discuss education and the health of refugee children.

The millions of ringgits wasted in flying Rosmah and her entourage to Qatar could have been donated to the refugee children.

So Rosmah attended an Islamic fashion show and then had tea with the Qatari PM’s wife. Then, on Nov 13 she visited the UAE PM’s wife. Cynics would say that these were very expensive tea parties.

Already it is beginning to look like the Malaysian rakyat is funding a private holiday for Rosmah and her close friends.

She witnessed a signing ceremony and visited the Humanitarian Aid Centre for UN workers on Nov 14. This waste of money was nothing more that a publicity stunt for Rosmah.

Shahidan and the cabinet ministers must think the rakyat is stupid. He tried to deflect criticism by saying that the trip was both responsible and transparent. If so please tell the rakyat the following:

• The total amount of money spent on Rosmah and her entourage, over those few days.
  • The gifts they received from their hosts, and were these declared?

There is confusion about the trip. One politician said it was a personal trip, another said she was there to represent the country.

Acting like children

Rosmah and her entourage should pick up the tab for hotel, accommodation, food and other personal expenses.

When did Rosmah become a politician and when was she elected as a representative? She is not qualified to represent the Malaysian people.

An itemised cost of the flight, crew, fuel, landing charges, apron fees, will reveal the true cost of this sojourn.

How much money was spent on the security detail and on her personal staff, their accommodation, food and overtime expenses?

How much was spent on medical personnel to accompany the FLOM and her entourage?

Wives of civil servants are not allowed to use the official car to go shopping in Kelana Jaya, so why should Rosmah take the official jet?

Is this a deliberate snub to the Qataris? Does the Malaysian government not consider Qatar sufficiently important to warrant a ministerial visit?

When will Najib, Rosmah and Shahidan learn that the rakyat does not tolerate Umno Baru’s sense of entitlement, which extends to their spouses, their children, their family members, mistresses and close friends?

The rakyat does not identify with the absent PM, or the wannabe PM. All they see is a self-styled ‘First Lady’ and her entourage of minister’s wives acting like children who have been let loose in a sweet shop.

Mariam Mokhtar is a FMT columnist.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2013/11/22/the-jet-setter-and-wannabe-pm/

Umno delegate defends Rosmah’s use of government jet

The use of a government jet by Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor for an official trip should not be questioned as it involved her security, said Federal Territory Umno delegate Affandi Zahari in his debate today.

"Rosmah's safety is paramount and if anything happened to her, it will only upset Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak.

"This involves the security of his wife. If anything happened to her, it will affect him emotionally," said Affandi.

The delegate then slammed the opposition for making such a big fuss over the issue.

In further defending Rosmah, he said the use of the jet was approved by the Cabinet and her visit to Qatar was an official trip.

"She was invited and it was an official trip. If she went on a holiday, even I will be unhappy," Affandi added.

Rosmah's use of the jet to attend the International Business Women Forum in Doha, Qatar, last month had drawn criticism from many quarters.

She was accompanied by Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil, who is special adviser to the prime minister on women entrepreneurs and professionals; Datin Seri Siti Rubiah Datuk Abdul Samad, wife of Foreign Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman; Datin Seri Khamarzan Ahmad Meah, wife of International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed; and Datin Seri Che Kamariah Zakaria, wife of Second Education Minister Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh.

Affandi also defended the use of private jets by Najib and his deputy Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, saying they were busy men.

"This is not to show off. It's all about saving time," he said.

He added that this was one of the perks given to the country's top leaders by the people.

Affandi also defended the high electricity bill incurred by Seri Perdana.

"We are talking about the official residence of a prime minister. It has to be beautiful and bright. Big house, big expenses. It cannot be in darkness," said Affandi.

Last month, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim had said that the utility bills for the prime minister’s official residence in Seri Perdana came to RM2.3 million last year.

He said RM2,237,788.13 was spent on electricity while RM311,174.25 was spent on water.

Shahidan also said that the electricity and water bills for the deputy prime minister’s official residence, Sri Satria, last year were RM865,458.56 and RM99,264.03 respectively.

Affandi also defended the increase in electricity tariff, saying that the public must look at it objectively.

He said the electricity hike will not affect the rakyat.

"Those who will be affected are the manufacturers. What we need to do is to make sure they do not pass the burden to the rakyat. We must have a mechanism to ensure that it will not happen," added Affandi. - December 6, 2013

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/umno-delegate-defends-rosmahs-use-of-government-jet

This keeps getting better and better!!

"Those who will be affected are the manufacturers. What we need to do is to make sure they do not pass the burden to the rakyat. We must have a mechanism to ensure that it will not happen,"

And person who manages to come up with that mechanism will be deserving at least a nomination for The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, if not the award even :D

Edited by BC Tam

No jet-setter, she jets for work, she’s Rosmah

Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor has defended her trip to Qatar using a government jet, saying it was for work purposes and not leisure, and everything had been done according to procedure.

"I do not expect people to thank me or be appreciative of the little effort which I have put it. But please stop looking for faults in others, or meddle in other people's affairs," the Prime Minister's wife told news portal the Malaysia Gazette over the weekend.

"And do not create stories because that is a major sin. I never talk bad about others. I never bad mouth the opposition."

Rosmah said that it was a common sight for the wives of world leaders to utilise their government's private jets for various factors, citing Bangladesh, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.

"What I do, I do because of Allah. Let them slander me, thrown accusations at me or smear my image."

Rosmah explained her reason for last month's trip to Qatar, Dubai, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh which had triggered uproar in parliament after PKR’s Gombak MP, Azmin Ali, had revealed that Rosmah had used a government jet for the trip.

"I was given the honour of presenting the keynote speech entitled 'The Empowerment of Malaysian Women' and was also honoured with an award," Rosmah said.

"I shared the success of Malaysian women with the international audience but ironically, while I was expressing Malaysia's pride, there were disgruntled voices at home."

While attending the 4th Qatar International Businesswomen forum, Rosmah said she paid her respects to Qatar’s Prime Minister, Sheikh Abdullah Nasser Khalifa Al-Thani, adding that when wives of other Prime Ministers visited Malaysia, they also did the same thing as it was courtesy.

She, however, evaded the issue of her not using commercial flights, saying it should not be an issue because everything that she did was always referred to the Cabinet for approval first.

"The facility of a government private jet existed before Datuk Seri Najib Razak became the Prime Minister," she said.

On her relationship with wives of foreign leaders, she said: "Without sounding boastful, my close relationships with the wives of other foreign leaders have at time proved advantageous for Malaysians."

At the recent Umno assembly, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak praised Rosmah’s work and highlighted in his winding-up speech two instances when Rosmah had helped Malaysia.

The first was when she contacted Suzanne Mubarak, wife of the then Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, in securing the release of a Malaysian student who was arrested on suspicion of being a spy.

The second was when Malaysian students were stranded in Egypt during the Arab uprising.

Najib said Rosmah had used her good relations with the Saudi Arabian royal family to allow the students to enter the country from Egypt although they did not have visas.

However, former New Straits Times group editor-in-chief Datuk A. Kadir Jasin said Najib should consider appointing his wife as Minister of Special Affairs as she seems to be adept at carrying out the duties of several ministers. – December 16, 2013.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/work-not-the-jet-set-lifestyle-says-rosmah-on-using-government-jet

However, former New Straits Times group editor-in-chief Datuk A. Kadir Jasin said Najib should consider appointing his wife as Minister of Special Affairs as she seems to be adept at carrying out the duties of several ministers. – December 16, 2013.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak should consider appointing his wife as de-factor Prime Minister as she seems to be adept at carrying out the duties of several ministers, said former New Straits Times group editor-in-chief Datuk A. Kadir Jasin as she seems to be adept at carrying out the duties of several ministers, said former New Straits Times group editor-in-chief Datuk A. Kadir Jasin

http://suarakeadilanmalaysia.wordpress.com/2013/12/08/datuk-a-kadir-jasin-want-najib-to-be-replaced-by-rosmah/

No jet-setter, she jets for work, she’s Rosmah

Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor has defended her trip to Qatar using a government jet, saying it was for work purposes and not leisure, and everything had been done according to procedure.

"I do not expect people to thank me or be appreciative of the little effort which I have put it. But please stop looking for faults in others, or meddle in other people's affairs," the Prime Minister's wife told news portal the Malaysia Gazette over the weekend.

"And do not create stories because that is a major sin. I never talk bad about others. I never bad mouth the opposition."

Rosmah said that it was a common sight for the wives of world leaders to utilise their government's private jets for various factors, citing Bangladesh, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.

"What I do, I do because of Allah. Let them slander me, thrown accusations at me or smear my image."

Rosmah explained her reason for last month's trip to Qatar, Dubai, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh which had triggered uproar in parliament after PKR’s Gombak MP, Azmin Ali, had revealed that Rosmah had used a government jet for the trip.

"I was given the honour of presenting the keynote speech entitled 'The Empowerment of Malaysian Women' and was also honoured with an award," Rosmah said.

"I shared the success of Malaysian women with the international audience but ironically, while I was expressing Malaysia's pride, there were disgruntled voices at home."

While attending the 4th Qatar International Businesswomen forum, Rosmah said she paid her respects to Qatar’s Prime Minister, Sheikh Abdullah Nasser Khalifa Al-Thani, adding that when wives of other Prime Ministers visited Malaysia, they also did the same thing as it was courtesy.

She, however, evaded the issue of her not using commercial flights, saying it should not be an issue because everything that she did was always referred to the Cabinet for approval first.

"The facility of a government private jet existed before Datuk Seri Najib Razak became the Prime Minister," she said.

On her relationship with wives of foreign leaders, she said: "Without sounding boastful, my close relationships with the wives of other foreign leaders have at time proved advantageous for Malaysians."

At the recent Umno assembly, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak praised Rosmah’s work and highlighted in his winding-up speech two instances when Rosmah had helped Malaysia.

The first was when she contacted Suzanne Mubarak, wife of the then Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, in securing the release of a Malaysian student who was arrested on suspicion of being a spy.

The second was when Malaysian students were stranded in Egypt during the Arab uprising.

Najib said Rosmah had used her good relations with the Saudi Arabian royal family to allow the students to enter the country from Egypt although they did not have visas.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/work-not-the-jet-set-lifestyle-says-rosmah-on-using-government-jet

Haha bit of humor on a slow Tuesday morning!

The surest way to imply the opposite of what you mean is to start a statement with "without sounding boastful", "with due respect"...

Well, Maybe the Malaysian PM's wife has a point.

"When President Barack Obama suggested that his wife should spend extra time in paradise as an early birthday present, he was committing U.S. citizens to pay for the gift, whose costs will likely spiral into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The White House conceded on Monday that the federal treasury will foot the bill to fly First Lady Michelle Obama back to Washington, D.C. on a separate government aircraft after she finishes her extended vacation at the palatial 12-bedroom Hawaii home of talk show legend Oprah Winfrey.
Dedicated vehicles, Secret Service costs, and security sweeps of the Winfrey estate on Maui will add considerably to the total tab."

See here; http://bizjetway.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/michelle-obama-oprah-winfrey-using.html

Cheers

A,

(i dont have a sarcmark on my keyboard)

Time to order A380 or 748 else our first lady is underclass and is bad for pm work performance.

Edited by KK Lee

Time to order A380 or 748 else our first lady is underclass and is bad for pm work performance.

A388 cannot. Must wait for A389. 388 not big enough for Ego-nomy class.

Pok ros is good at nothing but her extravaganza spending at the peoples' expense......

Edited by Kenneth T

:clapping:

Edited by flee

By then....most likely Malaysia cease to exist as our country would have descend into economic and political chaos.....

Sign in to follow this