MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

KLIA Going Green?

Spotted this at KLIA yesterday. Seriously going green?

DSC02721.jpg

DSC02735.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02731.jpg

===

It's good that they are utilizing the natural resources. Just hope that the panels actually last rather than gone kaput in a year or two.

They already save huge amounts by switching the air-conditioning off or increased temperatures. If you visit the Anjung Tinjau during the day, you can feel that the air-conditioning is either switched off or increased temperature; i.e. to discourage people from being aviation enthusiast :sorry:

Yes, AT is really warm and stuffy these days.

In this respect, Changi is more advanced - they have computerised climate control in their terminal buildings.

Yes, AT is really warm and stuffy these days.

In this respect, Changi is more advanced - they have computerised climate control in their terminal buildings.

KLIA and Changi = Vast Difference :acute:

Wow, this is amazing news! Hopefully it generates enough energy to justify its installation!

Tough - cos the Malaysian energy tariffs are so low that it will take a long time to generate any positive returns.

Also note that govt. contracts usually carry vastly inflated prices - as testified in the Auditor General's report released a few days ago! :(

Few month back i saw somewhere opposite to the lake near runway 32R, a plot of palm oil estate has been cleared and and replaced by solar panel

Much as I support going green with solar energy, I absolutely hate it when it is underpowered to serve the purpose. BKK comes to mind. :angry2:

Sign in to follow this