MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Qantas extends pre-flight meal ordering to all international passengers

Qantas is extending its business class advance meal selection service to travellers in premium economy and economy, allowing passengers to choose their inflight meals online before they even step on the plane.

Continue reading at http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-extends-pre-flight-meal-ordering-to-all-international-passengers?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=flipper&utm_campaign=home-flipper

That's the way to go... If no-frills airlines, one can choose their food.. Why can't FSC? MH should follow suit..

That's the way to go... If no-frills airlines, one can choose their food.. Why can't FSC? MH should follow suit..

Unlikely in the near future, MH cabin crews are complaining of short handed, cutting corner and unlikely will accept additional work load.

Unlikely in the near future, MH cabin crews are complaining of short handed, cutting corner and unlikely will accept additional work load.

Rather than additional workload, I see it as reducing work load. Instead of asking every passenger Choice A or Choice B, simply say to passenger "sir/madam, here's your choice.

I also see it as potentially reducing meal wastage by catering a more accurate number of preferred meals.

Rather than additional workload, I see it as reducing work load. Instead of asking every passenger Choice A or Choice B, simply say to passenger "sir/madam, here's your choice.

I also see it as potentially reducing meal wastage by catering a more accurate number of preferred meals.

Inflight meals are prepared and loaded into cart hours before seat assignment is closed and current Brahim kitchen is not set up to load meal to particular cart and seat, hence crews will need to distribute pre-ordered meal first before going round with cart.

Edited by KK Lee

Inflight meals are prepared and loaded into cart hours before seat assignment is closed and current Brahim kitchen is not set up to load meal to particular cart and seat, hence crews will need to distribute pre-ordered meal first before going round with cart.

But at least they will know in advance say how many Meal A, how many Meal B etc to be prepared and loaded up. Hence, potentially reducing wastage?

But at least they will know in advance say how many Meal A, how many Meal B etc to be prepared and loaded up. Hence, potentially reducing wastage?

Most airline have pretty good idea on number of portions of each choice to be loaded on particular route. Even if all pax preselect their meals and if the flight is not full, airline will still need to uplift extra portions for last minutes additional pax or change of mind :pardon:

On KLM ex-AMS, EY pax can upgrade pay and choose their meal, and is serve before meal cart round.

Edited by KK Lee

I would think that it is a brilliant idea in allowing pax to pre-select their meal. With MAS currently really short-handed, this initiative is most welcome. I wonder how did MH get to this level? Last time it was bloated with too many staff, now understaff, at least at cabin crew dept. Ok, I am getting off track. *hide*

Sign in to follow this