MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robin

Virgin launches glass-bottomed plane

RICHARD'S BLOG

Virgin launches glass-bottomed plane

I’m thrilled to announce that Virgin has created another world-first with the introduction of the technology required to produce the world’s first glass-bottomed plane. This technological innovation coincides with the start of Virgin Atlantic Airways’ first ever domestic service to Scotland.

In 1984 we started the wonderful airline that is Virgin Atlantic. I am incredibly proud of yet another aviation breakthrough which has been years in the making. I can’t wait to experience the first flight for myself with my family and other natural born explorers.

Virgin_Atlantic_Little_Red_Glass-bottom_

2012 was a year of celebrating what is brilliant about Great Britain and I’m excited that in 2013 we are continuing this uplifting spirit by developing an experience that will enable Little Red passengers to appreciate the beauty of the British landscape. And with an unrivalled view of Scotland I hope this gives Scottish tourism an even bigger boost.

Virgin_Atlantic_Little_Red_Glass-bottom_

We hope to trial the glass bottom technology with other Virgin airlines in time and have asked other Virgin companies to support this innovative trial and launch our new domestic Scottish route. This really is a team effort from all corners of Virgin.

By Richard Branson. Founder of Virgin Group

Edited by Robin

So the smart-glass tech will be used ala Boeing 787 windowless shades?. The cabin crews will have hard time adjusting to the 'new' working environment.

..... Boeing 787 windowless shades?

Either cabin decompression will be a persistent issue or it will be very claustrophobic :D

Is this a mere regurgitation of an April Fool's joke of some time back?

Yes it appeared on 1/4/2013, and this poster edited and removed the date.

Yes it appeared on 1/4/2013, and this poster edited and removed the date.

Which means Virgin Engineering has had an additional 4.7 months to refine the technology further - cool ! :D

Sign in to follow this