MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Indonesia AirAsia X

Congratulations to Indonesia AirAsia Extra, finally today they launched services to Melbourne, after a 3 month wait! PK-XRA operated the inaugural DPS-MEL return service!

While we are on the issue of AirAsia, does anyone know what's happening to AirAsia Philippines, is the brand being merged into AirAsia Zest? I understand both currently have separate AOC's and that Zest is still 51% owned by its original owner whilst AirAsia Philippines holds a minority stake - wouldn't this be a problem and cause share dilution if the 2 merged with one another?

While we are on the issue of AirAsia, does anyone know what's happening to AirAsia Philippines, is the brand being merged into AirAsia Zest? I understand both currently have separate AOC's and that Zest is still 51% owned by its original owner whilst AirAsia Philippines holds a minority stake - wouldn't this be a problem and cause share dilution if the 2 merged with one another?

Please see: http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15254&p=351957

Indonesia AirAsia Extra (IAAX) is now operate Airbus A320 out of SUB & CGK with XT flight number. Found this Q&A In AirAsia website.

"1. Why has my flight code been changed?

Effective 5 July 2015, several AirAsia Indonesias flights (QZ) between Jakarta and Denpasar will be operated by Indonesia AirAsia X (XT), resulting to a switch in flight code from QZ to XT. However, the 4 digit flight number and the flight schedule will remain unchanged.

2. Which flights will be affected by the code switch?

There are 4 flights which code will be switched effective 5 July 2015:

QZ 7531 (DPS-CGK) will be operated as XT 7531

QZ 7532 (CGK-DPS) will be operated as XT 7532

QZ 7533 (DPS-CGK) will be operated as XT 7533

QZ 7534 (CGK-DPS) will be operated as XT 7534

3. Will my PNR (booking code) remain the same?

Yes, your PNR code will remain the same. Only your flight code will be changed from QZ to XT.

4. Will I retain my original flight schedule?

Yes, your flight schedule will remain unchanged.

5. Is there any difference in services between Indonesia AirAsia X and AirAsia Indonesia for Jakarta Denpasar services?

There are no differences. Indonesia AirAsia X and AirAsia Indonesia both operate Jakarta Denpasar flights on an Airbus A320 with 180 seating capacity. The quality of products and services remain the same.

6. I have already checked-in via website. Will I be required to check-in again?

If you have already checked-in via AirAsia website or mobile application, you will no longer be required to check-in. However, you must change your boarding pass at the airport check-in counter or at the boarding gate.

7. I have already picked seats, purchased in-flight meals and baggage. Will the switch of flight code affect my purchases?

No, your purchase of add-on products will remain unchanged.

8. Will my flight still depart from Terminal 3?

Yes, your flight will still depart from Terminal 3

9. Why cant I purchase seats to Bali/ manage my booking? [strictly for guests wishing to purchase tickets / to manage their bookings 4 hours prior to departure time throughout the system migration period from 5 8 July]

We are currently performing a system migration in relation to the switch of several AirAsia Indonesias services (QZ) to Indonesia AirAsia X (XT), therefore your desired flight/ the manage my booking feature is temporarily unavailable. However, you are still able to book or manage your booking through our sales office at the airport. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused."

What is actually happen?

^ XT was at risk of loosing its AOC if it didn't have atleast 10 aircraft in its fleet, this is probably a way to get around it.

Yes, that is the Indonesian regulations at work - airlines have to own at least 5 aircraft.

From the CAPA report above:

IAAX is now working to meet newly enforced Indonesian regulations requiring airlines to have positive equity and maintain a fleet of at least 10 aircraft, including five owned aircraft. IAAX expects to meet the fleet requirement by putting A320s that are operated by IAA on its books – although the A320s will continue to be operated under IAA with IAA crews.

Leasing of Five (5) A320-200 Aircraft to PT Indonesia AirAsia Extra

AirAsia Berhad (“AirAsia” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has today through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Asia Aviation Capital Limited (“AACL”), agreed to enter into leasing transactions in relation to five (5) Airbus A320-200 aircraft bearing manufacturers serial numbers (“MSN”) 3765, 3813, 3875, 3963 and 4035 (the “Aircraft”) to be operated by PT Indonesia AirAsia Extra (“IAAX”) (the “Leases”).

Rationale for entering into the Leases
The Company, through AACL, currently leases the Aircraft to IAA.
Due to IAA having surplus capacity for its operational requirements for the short term, IAA has decided to return the Aircraft back to AACL. Post Aircraft return, IAA will have a fleet of only 24 aircraft.
AACL has received a request from IAAX which is in immediate need of additional aircraft to increase its fleet size.
Full details:

So if I'm understanding the article correctly...PK-AXF, AXG, AXH, AXI and AXJ will be transferred across from QZ to XT fleet but remain on the PK register.

What routes are they going to be operated on then?

Leasing of Five (5) A320-200 Aircraft to PT Indonesia AirAsia Extra

AirAsia Berhad (“AirAsia” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has today through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Asia Aviation Capital Limited (“AACL”), agreed to enter into leasing transactions in relation to five (5) Airbus A320-200 aircraft bearing manufacturers serial numbers (“MSN”) 3765, 3813, 3875, 3963 and 4035 (the “Aircraft”) to be operated by PT Indonesia AirAsia Extra (“IAAX”) (the “Leases”).

Rationale for entering into the Leases
The Company, through AACL, currently leases the Aircraft to IAA.
Due to IAA having surplus capacity for its operational requirements for the short term, IAA has decided to return the Aircraft back to AACL. Post Aircraft return, IAA will have a fleet of only 24 aircraft.
AACL has received a request from IAAX which is in immediate need of additional aircraft to increase its fleet size.
Full details:

Lolx, what a PR spin. The five A320 was transferred to IAAX to shore up its equity and to prevent it from losing its AOC.

Edited by JuliusWong

Apparently, this is not PR at all - it is disclosure in compliance to Bursa Malaysia listing requirements.

IAA needed to comply with equity requirements while IAAX needed to comply with aircraft fleet requirements. So it was a transaction done just to please the regulators. I don't think this arrangement affects its day to day operations nor pax experience.

Indonesia AirAsia X cancels flights from Sydney and Melbourne to Bali

Say goodbye to Indonesia AirAsia X, all routes cancelled from September 1. The airline will cease to exist from that date.

It was mentioned in May 2016, that Indonesia Airasia X and Indonesia Airasia will merge. This is due to the regulations in Indonesia requiring companies to have a positive capital position. So, I think that cancelling the Australian routes is the first step. Indonesia Airasia X should maybe explore the Bali to China routes....

I guess we can see QZ do SYD/MEL-DPS once the A320NEO's arrive?

I have no idea - the Airasia Group CEO said that they are seriously looking at the A321neo LR because the economics look interesting if that aircraft has 50 extra seats...

Sign in to follow this