MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
CH Teo

MH domestic fares going DOWN

As titled, found that they had reduced the fares for Smart and Flex tiers, Nice! Hope this can continue for quite sometimes...

In anticipation of the coming festive holidays. A good move. Also able to generate some income to the fledging airline and keep their staffs working.

Would MAS be able to pull itself out of the doldrum conditions it is now? What would be the major shake-down needed to pull it out of the tar-pit?

As titled, found that they had reduced the fares for Smart and Flex tiers, Nice! Hope this can continue for quite sometimes...

RM100 all in one-way fares to/from ,say, BKI -KUL is very common these days, even a few days before departure.

RM100 all in one-way fares to/from ,say, BKI -KUL is very common these days, even a few days before departure.

Yes, that is because capacity has increased a heck of a lot and airlines need to fill their planes up. I anticipate some sort of capacity adjustments once the airlines cannot sustain the increased frequencies.

I got 68 all in one way flying early July. Got it a few months back. So now we can actually say 100 isn't really cheap.

Yes, that is because capacity has increased a heck of a lot and airlines need to fill their planes up. I anticipate some sort of capacity adjustments once the airlines cannot sustain the increased frequencies.

I agreed, that is because KUL-BKI-KUL & KUL-KCH-KUL are overcapcitied already; but for other point in both states; below RM 100 rates are LIMITED, thus the revision of Smart and Flex tiers are much welcomed! And BTW, within Peninsular and within the states also got revised, good enough, just hope with that move, they can gain healthier loads and proves themselves out in the more intense competition...

Edited by CH Teo

While it spurs others to innovate and improve themselves, competition is only good if it's healthy and sustainable.. It's a fine balance.

Once some need to close shop or barely hanging by a thread.. It's not a good thing.

Airlines making big money elsewhere can easily afford to make loses in some routes for a period of time to kill of local competitors.

A number of routes in Malaysia are getting saturated, so it remains to be seen what will happen, whether this is sustainable or not.

MH need to reconsolidate and more business oriented and not to please politicians. This may sound like an old broken vinyl record, but it never got heard by the MH team..or perhaps was not allowed to do so - revamp the business, and it continues to bleed funds.

MH need to reconsolidate and more business oriented and not to please politicians. This may sound like an old broken vinyl record, but it never got heard by the MH team..or perhaps was not allowed to do so - revamp the business, and it continues to bleed funds.

MAS always has EPF at its disposal. So long as the current gomen is in power, there will be no ending. The rakyat will 'always' bail them out, even without our consent. Before someone flame me for being political, let me get it straight. I am not saying the opposition is all clean, at least try for once to see if they can perform. If they don't perform, we rakyat will always have the right to throw them out.

Businesses are set up up to make money, not to make loss.

The in-flight facilities of domestic MH is still bad with the 734 and old 738 serving the major domestic routes. I'd still go for OD.

Just did a quick check on BKI-KUL fares for year's end

Got quoted OD > AK (before extras) > MH

At this stage, no brainer - gotta go MH :good:

Edited by BC Tam

I booked my 2014 CNY ticket - KUL - KCH - KUL at 160 MYR.

Even the red also can't beat the pricing given the period you travelled...:D

Just did a quick check on BKI-KUL fares for year's end

Got quoted OD > AK (before extras) > MH

At this stage, no brainer - gotta go MH :good:

B734 or B738? Or price is the prime factor?

The in-flight facilities of domestic MH is still bad with the 734 and old 738 serving the major domestic routes. I'd still go for OD.

B734 you can avoid, as for B738 is purely a "lucky draw" given by MH...OD definitely looks nice with its' operating model and B739ER, but well, for me give them time to pick up and explore the start up phase first...

Moral of the story, shop around before you but. Price and equipment vary.....

OD has inflight entertainment on, on the domestic stretches ? Their screens are quite large (figuring by the LGK published pictures I saw)...

2.5 hrs with (on a 739) or without (on a 734) would be a factor for me too, and would rather pay a few extra Ringgit for that...

OD has inflight entertainment on, on the domestic stretches ? Their screens are quite large (figuring by the LGK published pictures I saw)...

2.5 hrs with (on a 739) or without (on a 734) would be a factor for me too, and would rather pay a few extra Ringgit for that...

Yup, I would rather pay a few extra for MH because of Enrich. Just flew on KUL/KCH/KUL last weekend return at MYR160 (MYR80 per one way). :D

Also check if you if buying return is cheaper or separate bookings for outbound and inbound. I checked MH to HKT and got RM1,300+ for 2 pax return, however for the same flights and on the same dates, I got RM500+ to HKT and only RM400+ back with separate bookings. No brainer which one I bought.

Also check if you if buying return is cheaper or separate bookings for outbound and inbound. I checked MH to HKT and got RM1,300+ for 2 pax return, however for the same flights and on the same dates, I got RM500+ to HKT and only RM400+ back with separate bookings. No brainer which one I bought.

Yup, sometimes booking separate more cheaper rather than buying return. HKT last 3 weeks during great promo I got MYR444 return for 2 pax, they only charge fare + tax and no surcaj.

Sign in to follow this