MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Malindo Air Boeing 787 Dreamliner

I think it's such a waste to deploy a long-haul aircraft to six-hour routes.

They want to pull a SQ that's all :lol:

EK flies its A380s everywhere in the world....and a they use a 777 for their DXB-DOH route...I don't see anything wrong with 787 taking on 6 hours flights

....and a they use a 777 for their DXB-DOH route...I don't see anything wrong with 787 taking on 6 hours flights

Well yeah, BI (sometimes) use a 777 for their BWN-BKI route too :)

And BI is to get their new 787 soon - sure hope there is nothing wrong with them sending their new equipment over to BKI too :D

More than welcome in the case of BI sending 787 to BKI.

ANA uses 787 on domestic Japanese and they are dedicated to these routes, since they have two configurations on 787.

ANA uses 787 on domestic Japanese and they are dedicated to these routes, since they have two configurations on 787.

Actually there are four different seat configuration in service now.

Version 1 (264 seats)

Business Class - 12 seats

Economy Class - 252 seats

Version 2 (158 seats)

Long-haul Business Class - 46 seats

Long-haul Economy Class - 112 seats

*fully-flat Long-haul Business Class seat

*34" seat pitch in Economy Class

Version 3 (335 seats)

Business Class - 12 seats

Economy Class - 323 seats

*Economy in 3-3-3

Version 4 (222 seats)

Business Class - 42 seats

Economy Class - 180 seats

Hello MH please wake up

Unfortunately MH is not a strong financial position to purchase any new aircraft now. MH is in no hurry to buy either A350 or B787 as most of their fleet is pretty new: A380s for long haul, A330-300 for medium to long haul, B738NG for short-medium haul and Twin Otter new generation for STOL airports. [ B747 is retired and B777 are on their way out]

As MH as stated earlier, they will look at HGW version of A330-300X only if they are buying new aircraft. To add salt to the 'wound', AJ has stated he doesn't like to operate to many types of aircraft.

The queuing line to get one A350 or 787 is too long, I think getting an A330 is easier.

Unfortunately MH is not a strong financial position to purchase any new aircraft now. MH is in no hurry to buy either A350 or B787 as most of their fleet is pretty new: A380s for long haul, A330-300 for medium to long haul, B738NG for short-medium haul and Twin Otter new generation for STOL airports. [ B747 is retired and B777 are on their way out]

As MH as stated earlier, they will look at HGW version of A330-300X only if they are buying new aircraft. To add salt to the 'wound', AJ has stated he doesn't like to operate to many types of aircraft.

The queuing line to get one A350 or 787 is too long, I think getting an A330 is easier.

A350 and 787 offer about 15% lower CASK than A330. Until MH take delivery of A350 or 787, MH's A330 and 772 won't be cost competitive.

Yes, MH has done a lot of off balance sheet financing in order to make the balance sheet of the listed company look healthy. Once the aircraft replacement is complete, the fleet looks good for at least the next five years.

Yes, the A333s are available quickly (less than 2 years delivery lead time) and they cost a lot less than the B787 or A350. So they will fit in with any MH plans for the immediate future.

A350 and 787 offer about 15% lower CASK than A330. Until MH take delivery of A350 or 787, MH's A330 and 772 won't be cost competitive.

If you look at the TCO (acquisition plus maintenance plus running costs), the A330 is not that bad in cost competitiveness. I believe that some American airlines are complaining to Boeing that the B787 costs too much to buy. That is why the airlines are still buying or leasing more A330s even now.

BTW, those B787s ordered by Lion Air are early build "rejected" airframes due to them being overweight. I think Boeing gave a big discount on these units to dispose of them.

If you look at the TCO (acquisition plus maintenance plus running costs), the A330 is not that bad in cost competitiveness. I believe that some American airlines are complaining to Boeing that the B787 costs too much to buy. That is why the airlines are still buying or leasing more A330s even now.

There are many schools of though and business models. If oil price is below US$30/barrel, TCO of 757 could be lower than 787.

Will Malindo move over to KLIA2 once the project is finished? Or do we need KLIA3 for them? :p

Wonder if Malindo will draw some of the 787s from Lion or Batik? If so, they will become the first 787 operator in Malaysia!

Will Malindo move over to KLIA2 once the project is finished? Or do we need KLIA3 for them? :p

Malindoair will move to KLIA2 once the terminal building is completed.

Wonder if Malindo will draw some of the 787s from Lion or Batik? If so, they will become the first 787 operator in Malaysia!

http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/business-en/wb_1369912226.html

What widebody will Malindo be using, now that the B787 orders have been cancelled? And when will Malindo be operating widebodies?

What widebody will Malindo be using, now that the B787 orders have been cancelled? And when will Malindo be operating widebodies?

Airbus A330-300 - MSN 1815 has been allocated to Malindo.

Lion Group's 5 B787 order has lapsed. They did not take finalised the order. All are now going to ET.