MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Danial

Malaysia Airlines slapping me with 734s and old 738s.

I just did a KUL/CMB/KUL 2 weeks ago, it was a pathetic old 738. Needless to say ... what sky interior? OMG, it was an international route with foreigners of various nationalities. Buat malu orang. I wud rather take AK's 320 to CMB where it is much more comfortable and generally you don't feel so cramp down like a 737. Sadly, AK terminated this route. Food was nothing to shout about too... Very sad for our national airline.

Sometimes I wonder, does the management ever sit and fly for 5 hours in those economy seats...

No they don't.

Sometimes I wonder, does the management ever sit and fly for 5 hours in those economy seats...

Better go and find alternative on widebodies if anyone flying those MH's B738 routes that are above 3 hours...

I just did a KUL/CMB/KUL 2 weeks ago, it was a pathetic old 738. Needless to say ... what sky interior? OMG, it was an international route with foreigners of various nationalities. Buat malu orang. I wud rather take AK's 320 to CMB where it is much more comfortable and generally you don't feel so cramp down like a 737. Sadly, AK terminated this route. Food was nothing to shout about too... Very sad for our national airline.

Fly AK then....

:)

or UL for widebodies

in that case, go for SQ. Less complains, less claustrophobic, bigger planes, hotter crews!

Some of SQ's 777 are also very old.

in that case, go for SQ. Less complains, less claustrophobic, bigger planes, hotter crews!

Sorry that accolade goes to AK hands down.

Sorry that accolade goes to AK hands down.

Hahaha...

But I found that kebaya clad ladies are even hotter, because of the peek-a-boo now you see now you don't slit on their kebaya.

Hahaha...

But I found that kebaya clad ladies are even hotter, because of the peek-a-boo now you see now you don't slit on their kebaya.

I found MH younger crew on 737 are way hotter than their widebody counterpart.

I prefer the seniors because I feel more warmth from them. Besides, looks aren't everything.

In a typical flight, there is little contact between FAs and passengers.. They serve food and drinks... Attend to requests sometimes.. For most, we just see them, don't really talk to them.. So the more attractive to the eyes, the better.

Went to CAN last week...going there B738 with IFE, return on B738 with none....pardon my ignorance but since when did MH stop utilising widebodies for CAN?

A B738 on a 4 hr flight is pure torture, especially with essentially nonstop stream of passengers wanting to use the loo.

FAs...I do notice, especially the males, look lethargic and not really inclined to smile. While they weren't rude, the lack of the MH Malaysian Hospitality thingy is certainly glaring IMHO.

Edited by H Azmal

I found MH younger crew on 737 are way hotter than their widebody counterpart.

Gossip with my friend (FSS), that's why mostly MH's crew on narrowbody is "narrow bodies" and widebody is "wide bodies".

Narrow more hotter crews. :D

Gossip with my friend (FSS), that's why mostly MH's crew on narrowbody is "narrow bodies" and widebody is "wide bodies".

Narrow more hotter crews. :D

That plus lack of grooming makes them less presentable IMO.

During my recent flight with MH last month, I got the old B734, and I think the crews were somewhere in over 30s, and look noticeably mature. But, on my return flight with newer 738, the crews were younger and a lot friendlier and professional.

Yeah! If you see Boeing 737-800 on your travel itinerary or booking, it's a lucky draw. If you get the one with BSI + IFE then you're lucky, if not then luck is not on your side.

May I ask how many configuration are there for the 737? I have taken at least 4 different ones in recent months - the old 737-400 (with horrible seat colours), the 737-800 (ex firefly), the 9M-MS* series with BSI, and yesterday, the 9M-ML* series. Seat comfort (not to mention the service and meals) is really inconsistent throughout these flights

Sign in to follow this