MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ridwan Syah

Thai Lion Air

Bookable via Thai Lionair (seems to be defunct now) and Indo Lionair website (fares slightly cheaper than former) at least 2 weeks ago. I am now having problem with Malindo website to dummy book the said route.

its http://www.lionairthai.com/en now...really cheap fare...definitely will give other low-cost a run for their money :)

That will be an exchange of crews then, but certainly won't share with OD's crews. How's the crews' uniforms like?

it's in the first page of this post..the same kebaya worn by Lion Air

Asia’s newest low-cost carrier, Thai Lion Air, is planning further expansion in early 2014 in Thailand’s increasingly competitive domestic and international markets. The expansion will provide new competition for Thai AirAsia, leading to more overlap between the AirAsia and Lion groups.

All of Thai Lion’s current and planned routes are AirAsia strongholds. Thai Lion has already disrupted the three routes it currently operates by bringing down fares.

The shake-up will be extended to several other routes in 2014 as Thai Lion quickly expands its fleet from two to 10 aircraft. But Thai AirAsia, which also plans to add eight aircraft in 2014, will remain a much larger carrier and is well positioned to respond to the challenge as it has a stronger and more established brand.

Full analysis here:

Very ominous hahaha!

RT @tonyfernandes: Competitors are going to have very low fares to compete with us. I predict some won't last the pace.

In the longrun, they will need airfare which will be sustainable for airlines yet attractive for passengers.. If they close shop, it's no good..

One way is to sell at "0" but reduce the number of seats for that price.

I flew with SL8201 KUL-DMK on 29th Dec 2013. It was awesome with light passengers load only. Thai Lion is a true low-cost with narrow leg room similar to AirAsia A320.

First time riding the 739, with all blue seats and sky interior . The tix price also cheap, only cost me RM132/Way

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

Good seats on Thai Lion Air. As far as i notice.

Front row

1 BC

2 EF

Row 2 has got much better legroom than row 1.

Emex row,

20 ABCDEF - non reclinable

21 ABCDEF - reclinable

31 BC EF - small window

32A - no seat 31A

32F - no seat 31F , facing crew jumpseat.

Cant remember which seat has got no window. Not mistaken 16A and 18F. To be safe, avoid between this few row.

Can check in online on Lion Air website. All good seats are all blocked. But can request seat change over counter.

crew layover in KUL?

The crew has got 2 nights layover in KUL.

Edited by Liew Hon Kit

Thai Lion Air from late-March 2014 will open new base at Hat Yai, initially offering service to Bangkok, Hua Hin and Surat Thani. Internationally the airline plans to operate service to Kuala Lumpur and Medan

eff 30MAR14 Hat Yai – Kuala Lumpur Subang 4 weekly
SL8210 HDY1630 – 1900SZB ATR 134
SL8212 HDY1935 – 2105SZB ATR 7

SL8211 SZB0710 – 0735HDY ATR 245
SL8213 SZB0900 – 0930HDY ATR 1

http://airlineroute.net/2014/03/04/sl-hdy-s14/

Edited by Yang Zulhilmi

The average load for Thai Lion Air was pretty bad from what I heard. My friend's BKK-KUL flight was cancelled, OD also cancelled their KUL-BKK twice daily flight on that day. Thai Lion Air re-routed him BKK-CGK for the that night, then second morning CGK-KUL!!

The average load for Thai Lion Air was pretty bad from what I heard. My friend's BKK-KUL flight was cancelled, OD also cancelled their KUL-BKK twice daily flight on that day. Thai Lion Air re-routed him BKK-CGK for the that night, then second morning CGK-KUL!!

Give it time. Right now nobody wants to travel to Bangkok unless absolutely necessary.

Give it time. Right now nobody wants to travel to Bangkok unless absolutely necessary.

As long as avoiding yellow shirts and red shirts gathering area, other areas in bkk is safe. Given hotels occupancy rate and price are low, it is a good time yo visit bkk.

OD got KUL BKK twice daily?

Since when?

As long as avoiding yellow shirts and red shirts gathering area, other areas in bkk is safe. Given hotels occupancy rate and price are low, it is a good time yo visit bkk.

Most people avoiding BKK are worried about how to get out should things get out of hands, so they are not taking chances.

Sign in to follow this