Naim

Malindo Air ATR 72-600 Hub @ Subang Skypark

Advert on their FB ...

SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/malindoairmalaysia/posts/436301589787343

We are open for a walk in interview for the positions below:

1) Station Manager
(based in Subang,Penang,Kota Bahru,Terengganu,Langkawi,
Alor Setar,Johor Baharu,Ipoh,Kuantan)
A clue on their coming destinations. SZB is intriguing, so they are going to get turbopops?

Perhaps.

but then their HQ is apparently near Ara Damansara so its just a location thing?

Station manager is an operations posting so - yes, looks like they're going to go turboprop in SZB. Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

See the full FB advert -- also ramp agent in SZB. Now I remember somebody mentioning ATR for SZB-LGK.

Just checked some FB status -- seems that ATR ops would start in June 2013, 787 in 2015.

Edited by Naim

definitely a unit ala Wings Air...so its FY vs xx next..

I wonder if the Skypark Terminal handle more especially during peak hours... All the parking bays seem occupied during busy times.

Advert on their FB ...

SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/malindoairmalaysia/posts/436301589787343

A clue on their coming destinations. SZB is intriguing, so they are going to get turbopops?

I remember reading somewhere that OD will operate an x number of ATR 72-600.

definitely a unit ala Wings Air...so its FY vs xx next..

I think it will still be OD, not a different unit under OD with different AOC. OD will hub at both KUL and SZB, which is not an uncommon practice.

So what's stopping AK from getting turboprops based in SZB?

They once ran an ad on papers, which essentially was a smear campaign against turboprops. I should've kept a copy of that in case AK decides to start turboprop ops... :p

That aside general public may also have misgivings about turboprops from being noisier, slower and smaller. It may be a bit shower but for domestic sectors here it really does its role well. Flew KBR-SZB today and sat up front and it did get quite noisy during takeoff but still acceptable, and seat pitch was better compared to AK. BTW a bit off topic they also handed out cupcakes commemorating its 6th anniversary after the muffin/peanut run.

Somehow, I think AK is going to be happy that OD will be at SZB.

Too much hassles I guess. Different set of cockpit, cabin and maintenance crews to invest and nurture. Different set of aircraft parts to take into accounts. Lower rate of return and highly likely slower return on investment rate as compared to running an all A320 jet operation. AK wanted SZB in the first place years ago for its A320 jet operation, not for turboprops.

That aside general public may also have misgivings about turboprops from being noisier, slower and smaller. It may be a bit shower but for domestic sectors here it really does its role well. Flew KBR-SZB today and sat up front and it did get quite noisy during takeoff but still acceptable, and seat pitch was better compared to AK.

I read that the trick when flying ATR 72 aircraft is to always seat at the back of the plane to avoid the noise. Much easier to disembark too.

Somehow, I think AK is going to be happy that OD will be at SZB.

Thoroughly agreed. In a company of 3, it is always an advantage if a scuffle is between everyone else but you.

I read that the trick when flying ATR 72 aircraft is to always seat at the back of the plane to avoid the noise. Much easier to disembark too.

Nope. It vibrates like crazy back there!

Here is another position to fill by people with "sound" mind.

We are on a lookout for:

1) Aviation Security Executive, Aviation Security Duty Officer and Aviation Security Officer.

• Minimum 18-35yrs (Malaysian)

• Minimum SPM or equivalent.

• Able to speak, write, and read in Bahasa Malaysia and English. Other language is and advantage.

Candidate shall be of sound mind, good physical state of health, and consistent with the ability to perform safety and security tasks.

• Good eyesight of equal or better than 20/60 visual in both eyes with glasses/lenses, or equal or better than 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in the other eye when using glasses or contact lenses.

• Good colour perception is required to be able to perceive different colours.

• Ability to sense odour.

• Must be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and audible sounds generated from detection devices.

• Ability to communicate orally, clearly, efficiently and effectively preferably in English.

• Height – not less than 5’4”

Edited by Waiping

So is the Malindo Air ATRs to be based in SZB or KUL ?

SZB according to OD staff.

MALINDO AIR AKAN OPERASIKAN PESAWAT TURBOPROP DI BULAN MEI

06.41 Airlines

Malindo5.jpg

(27/3/2013) Maskapai penerbangan Malindo Air yang baru menjalani penerbangan perdana pada 22 Maret lalu rupanya telah mempunyai rencana lain. Anak perusahaan Lion Air di Malaysia ini dikabarkan berniat mengoperasikan pesawat turboprop pada bulan Mei tahun ini.

Jika pesawat-pesawat jet Malindo akan bersaing secara langsung dengan AirAsia, pengoperasian pesawat turboprop pada rute-rute domestik dan rute-rute jarak dekat akan bersinggungan langsung dengan dua maskapai penerbangan yang merupakan anak perusahaan Malaysia Airlines, yaitu FireFly dan MASwings.

Seandainya rencana ini teralisasi, Malindo Air kemungkinan besar akan mengoperasikan pesawat ATR 72-600 yang sebelumnya telah dipesan oleh Lion Air untuk Wings Air.

Pesawat turboprop akan sangat berguna bagi Malindo sebagai pengumpan dari kota-kota kecil menuju hub utama yang terkoneksi dengan rute pesawat jet yang dimiliki perusahaan. Dengan begini, konektivitas rute penerbangan Malindo akan semakin baik, sehingga diharapkan akan semakin dilirik oleh penumpang.

Saat ini Malindo Air mengoperasikan dua pesawat Boeing 737-900ER untuk melayani rute Kuala Lumpur-Kuching sebanyak empat kali sehari dan Kuala Lumpur-Kota Kinabalu sebanyak tiga kali sehari. Maskapai ini juga telah berencana mengoperasikan 12 pesawat Boeing 737-900ER hingga akhir tahun 2013

So is the Malindo Air ATRs to be based in SZB or KUL ?

If I remember correctly, KUL is a jet only operations due to separation constraints between the jets and turboprops.

If I remember correctly, KUL is a jet only operations due to separation constraints between the jets and turboprops.

It may change, when the third runway is ready.

It may change, when the third runway is ready.

It is not the runway capacity but the airspace and Air Traffic Management (ATM) constraint in general.

:hi:

SIN can accept turboprop no problem despite being busier...

I believe its more to our own-created restrictions here in Malaysia.

Hahaha, I once rode a turboprop out of O'Hare ORD!

Technically speaking, KLIA could handle C-172/PA-28 class of aircraft, just like HKIA/HKG on every saturday, let alone pax prop aircraft. However, Lumpur ATC is constrained by its airspace, equipment, training and manpower.

AIRSPACE

If you draw a line from Melaka to Pekan (Pahang), airspace south of the line is controlled by SIN ATC. This include almost 2/3 of South China Sea. Practically, they should have more airspace for strategic & tactical planning for the arriving and departing aircraft.

EQUIPMENT, TRAINING & MANPOWER

Our equipment used by ATC is very much to be desired. It may not be as bad as India but certainly did not match the rate of expansion of airlines in this region. With lack of tools, no extra training & manpower are required to do the job.

We do have an award winning airport and ground handling facilities, however, we could never optimise the utilisation of the facilities for a very obvious reason.

It is back to basic, there is no 'National Aviation Policy' formulated & published by the govt. Therefore, no one knows where we are heading to, short/medium/long term planning, Air Traffic and Air Space Management etc..... etc........ Therefore, it is going to be a reactive game-plan rather than a pro-active actions.

Just a thought.

:hi:

SIN can accept turboprop no problem despite being busier...

I believe its more to our own-created restrictions here in Malaysia.

Probably just the Govt gimmick to halt AK using Subang Airport.

Sign in to follow this