MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
S V Choong

Any 757 flights remaining in Europe?

I am at planning stage of my upcoming European trip next year and I would like to catch the B757-200 or B757-300 if possible within Europe.

I wonder if there's still any regional European flights with the 757 or are they completely gone? I know Condor does have some B757-300, but they are mostly used on leisure destinations to the Carribean?

Any info would be appreciated! Cheers!

Thomson, the UK based charter airline operates a mixed boeing fleet of 737/757/767's but they mainly fly to popular holiday destinations in South Europe/North Africa.

Thanks guys. I read that Finnair 757s are near retirement and only used for charter flights. They will soon be replaced by A321s. :(

I am at planning stage of my upcoming European trip next year and I would like to catch the B757-200 or B757-300 if possible within Europe.

I wonder if there's still any regional European flights with the 757 or are they completely gone? I know Condor does have some B757-300, but they are mostly used on leisure destinations to the Carribean?

Any info would be appreciated! Cheers!

Condor´s B 757-300 are usually not used for long distance destinations (B753´s range is shorter than the B 752´s). That´s exclusive to their B 767-300ER´s.

So, if you like to fly on them I can certainly help you find a reasonably priced flight on a B 757-300.

E.g. FRA-PMI vv. is a hot route candidate because flight time is just about 2hrs and not too expensive if booked early enough. And Condor uses the 757 to PMI very frequent because of high pax volume to PMI.

... and PMI can be done easily as a daytrip which gives usually plenty of time for spotting at PMI (very early outbound FRA-PMI late inbound PMI-FRA of the second daily flight). Palma de Mallorca (PMI) generates an impressing amount of traffic - except in winter time ...

I´m eager to help you find a Condor flight that suits you. Just PM me !

If you want to fly the B 757-200 then only Icelandair (FI) is a reliable possibility because charter operators (like Jet2 in the UK) are easily switching equipment.

The problem is that flights to KEF are generally on the expensive side.

FI´s main target are transit passengers from Europe to USA and vv.

Local passengers from/to Iceland get charged an arm and a leg !

Other Options like Baltic (BT) use theirs on rather expensive or off-the-beaten-track destinations

Edited by Juergen Witte

Juergen: Thanks for your kind recommendation.

I am going to find out if PMI will suit me as a destination. I understand it is an island off the Spanish coast?

I wonder if Condor still sends their destinations to some other places other than PMI?

I am likely to visit the UK, France, Italy, the Netherlands and possibly Germany at this stage (hopefully with LH B747-8i from HKG!) :)

Juergen: Thanks for your kind recommendation.

I am going to find out if PMI will suit me as a destination. I understand it is an island off the Spanish coast?

I wonder if Condor still sends their destinations to some other places other than PMI?

I am likely to visit the UK, France, Italy, the Netherlands and possibly Germany at this stage (hopefully with LH B747-8i from HKG!) :)

You are right Mallorca is an Island. It´s the largest of the Balearic Islands in the Mediterrannean Sea (~ 200km SE of Barcelona)

Condor operates the B 753 also to other spanish destinations (e.g. Malaga/AGP which is located on the south mainland coast)

I suggested PMI because this destination gives you the greatest choice of flights (and airlines/aircraft) as it´s literally served from every "village airfield" across central/northern Europe ... (that makes it easy to combine with other destinations)

Btw. Condor does not require roundtrip bookings so you might squeeze a DE one-way into an itinerary with the UK or Italy.

Edited by Juergen Witte

Thanks again Juergen, I will look into PMI as suggested.

Do they operate the B753 to Italy at all? I don't mind the 757-200s too! :D

I guess the other way to try out the B753 would be to travel internally within the US with Delta/ United.

If you are feeling adventurous, you can fly on Turkmenistan Airlines (T5) Boeing 757s from Bangkok/Beijing to London/Birmingham/Frankfurt/Istanbul via Ashgabat, the capital city. If you'd like, you can put in a night or two in Ashgabat. AFAIK, Malaysians do not need visas to enter the country. FYI, I worked in there from 1998 to 2002. The Ashgabat- Bangkok route then was (and probably still is) the fastest and easiest way to get home to Malaysia. T5 website:

http://www.turkmenairlines.com/ or http://www.flyturkmenistanairlines.eu/

How about Air Astana and Uzbekistan Airways ? Would be a good reason to visit these two former soviet states :D

Hmm nice suggestion, but proves to be too adventurous for me. I wouldn't know what to do in Ashgabat. :pardon:

Will look into Air Astana, but Uzbekistan... same don't know what to do there, either! :pardon:

Probably stick with my plans to fly on the B748i on LH from HKG to FRA and then off to LHR or CDG. :lazy:

Probably stick with my plans to fly on the B748i on LH from HKG to FRA and then off to LHR or CDG. :lazy:

If you have no issue with a stay in the Schengen area then a sidetrip to Spain (PMI ...) would be a doable possibility.

It´s even possible to do daytrips with DE between FRA and PMI.

Usually DE leaves early in the morning and has a second rotation in the evening ...