MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
alberttky

MAS B772 Fleet Decommissioned on 27 January 2016

Which one type of a/c is suitable for MH?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. A350 or B787

• A350
    • B787

Yes, with fifth freedom. Enforced since 21/06/1997. Applicable for both pax and cargo flights.

Does it mean the rights to fly from USA to say Canada, Central and South America?

One question...could these 772 used as the deposit to purchase the new plane (e.g B787 or 777X) so MH could buy it cheaper compared to the catalogue price? But I assume all these 772 belongs to PMB?

One question...could these 772 used as the deposit to purchase the new plane (e.g B787 or 777X) so MH could buy it cheaper compared to the catalogue price? But I assume all these 772 belongs to PMB?

Considering the numbers of serviceable years left on the 77E. Even if they belonged to MH, I very much doubt they can be used as a deposit. SQ did it when their A340 was barely 10 years of age. SQ has the bargaining power, not sure if such power ever existed with MH.

Considering the numbers of serviceable years left on the 77E. Even if they belonged to MH, I very much doubt they can be used as a deposit. SQ did it when their A340 was barely 10 years of age. SQ has the bargaining power, not sure if such power ever existed with MH.

If I remember correctly, MH only owns four aircraft.

The newest aircraft are just over ten years old. I suppose these have significant resale value.

With oil prices now much lower, MH has a real chance to think about its future network and fleet carefully. A low cost way is to refurbish the cabins of the newer aircraft and supplement these with a new order for A330-900 neo. These new aircraft can be leased. This kind of arrangement will be more like patching the current failings and buying another 10 years before any real revamp is done...

I have to say that MH' B772 have one of the best economy seat pitch around at present at 34 inches. That is their selling point, only needs a refurbishment for now and they can sustain a few more years u fil any new orders are ready. Let's hope they have a quick decision made soon.

I have to say that MH' B772 have one of the best economy seat pitch around at present at 34 inches. That is their selling point, only needs a refurbishment for now and they can sustain a few more years u fil any new orders are ready. Let's hope they have a quick decision made soon.

Unfortunate reality would be that if any refurbishment is to be done, likely that 34" luxury is gonna be slashed to current day LCC norm just so a few more seats can be fitted in to accommodate the few more revenue generating pax :)

Unfortunate reality would be that if any refurbishment is to be done, likely that 34" luxury is gonna be slashed to current day LCC norm just so a few more seats can be fitted in to accommodate the few more revenue generating pax :)

PLEASE don't put 10 seats across!

If you travel alone or with another person in Emirates 77W, the best seats are those way at the back - starting from 46A/B/J/K...though the lavatories can be bothersome for some.

I avoid any airline with 10 abreast on the 777. Had a bad experience on Emirates.

I have been on 10 abreast 777 many times, seems okay.

I have been on 10 abreast 777 many times, seems okay.

It depends on your expectations - if you think it is not OK, then you lost the battle already!

I took a risk when I boarded D7's A343 to ORY. I was quite surprised that the 13 hr flight was OK. I did not have any expectations - just wanted to find out if it was tolerable to fly long haul in such a tightly configured aircraft. In the end, I found it tolerable.

If D7 re-introduces EU flights on the A339 neo, I would not mind trying that again.... Meanwhile, just take advantage of the bargain basement MH fares!

Edited by flee

It depends on your expectations - if you think it is not OK, then you lost the battle already!

I took a risk when I boarded D7's A343 to ORY. I was quite surprised that the 13 hr flight was OK. I did not have any expectations - just wanted to find out if it was tolerable to fly long haul in such a tightly configured aircraft. In the end, I found it tolerable.

If D7 re-introduces EU flights on the A339 neo, I would not mind trying that again.... Meanwhile, just take advantage of the bargain basement MH fares!

I find 10 abreast on EK 77W is a tad better than D7 9 abreast on the 333.

I'd prefer an aircraft that can be controlled by pilots rather than one that think it is smarter than the pilots.

I'd prefer an aircraft that can be controlled by pilots rather than one that think it is smarter than the pilots.

B77W? :)

B77W? :)

I think the Captain points his fingers at planes produced by company A :)

The A330/ A350 in this case. Sorry had to state the obvious :p

I think the Captain points his fingers at planes produced by company A :)

The A330/ A350 in this case. Sorry had to state the obvious :p

And I was asking if the Capt prefers the B77W....

With oil price being low for now. Picking up used aircraft more feasible for short term replacement? Aircraft such as A340-500 should be good for long haul sector.

With oil price being low for now. Picking up used aircraft more feasible for short term replacement? Aircraft such as A340-500 should be good for long haul sector.

Give TG a call... they have 4x A340-500 parked at DMK. The question is, how long will the oil price stays at this level.

All things considered, if that's the case it will surely be cheaper to just bring the 744 out of retirement compared to leasing A340s

All things considered, if that's the case it will surely be cheaper to just bring the 744 out of retirement compared to leasing A340s

Yes, I think just reactivate what you already have is the cheapest!

Most airlines don't buy aircraft based on current oil prices. They have to use them for a few years and oil prices won't stay the same for too long!