MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
alberttky

MAS B772 Fleet Decommissioned on 27 January 2016

Which one type of a/c is suitable for MH?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. A350 or B787

• A350
    • B787

One more gone. From Skyliner:

Boeing 777 -2H6 28415 151 9M-MRH Malaysia Airlines ferried 07oct15 KUL-QPG in basic cs

Last night saw one of the MH dugongs parked beside a radomless and engineless 772 outside the hangars

Surely it cannot be ...... :shok:

One more gone. From Skyliner:

I don't think you read wrongly - it did go to Paya Lebar.

9M-MRH has now gone to the USA.

Boeing 777-2H6 28415/151 2-MMRH ferried 14oct15 QPG-ANC, basic Malaysian cs ex 9M-MRH

Source: Skyliner-aviation.de

Why does it needs to go to Paya Lebar first? Security checks before going to USA?

Maybe it returns to the lessor's home or MRO base for checking that everything is in order.

This morning, 9M-MRG left KUL for QPG.

Hope those ex-MH birds will find a new home soon as one piece.

Our neighbour down South managed to sell of 11 B772ER to DL, some even before they came off line.

Confirmation that some B772 may be retained as plan to scrap CDG and AMS is revised.

Instead of extending ageing 772, MH should order or lease A332 242t for these routes.

They have lease options for two A339neos.

Recently, I photographed 9M-MRH with a white tail and with all titles removed arriving at WSAP. I learnt that she was being returned to lessor.

Just wondering how many more MH 772s will be retired and the time frame. Thank you.

Recently, I photographed 9M-MRH with a white tail and with all titles removed arriving at WSAP. I learnt that she was being returned to lessor.

Just wondering how many more MH 772s will be retired and the time frame. Thank you.

Out of the original 17 B777-2H6ER MH used to fly:

Scrapped- 2 (9M-MRI, 9M-MRK)

Written off- 2 (9M-MRD, 9M-MRO)

Withdrawn from use- 7 (9M-MRB, 9M-MRC, 9M-MRF, 9M-MRG, 9M-MRH, 9M-MRJ, 9M-MRN)

Staying in service- 6 (9M-MRA, 9M-MRE, 9M-MRL, 9M-MRM, 9M-MRP, 9M-MRQ)

Edited by JuliusWong

Think they need more a330 with newer products as a replacement for 772.

A330 range is not the same as B772. B772 range is longer than A330.

Im well aware that 772 have more range than A330 but since they shift their focus to medium haul now, more A330 needed to replace outgoing 772 of which lately have been deployed to medium haul route, bar Amsterdam.

With the ALC order for 4X A350-900s for their LHR services, a logical move would be to deploy the A330-900neo to CDG and AMS, should MH decide to soldier on with these routes.

I suspect MH will only carry on either CDG or AMS as it has an option to lease 2X A330-900 neo from ALC.

KUALA LUMPUR: Pilots flying Malaysia Airlines Bhds (Malaysia Airlines) Boeing 777-200ER (extended range) fleet, which will be phased out by the end of this month, have until tomorrow to accept a mutual separation scheme (MSS) offered by the national airline, according to documents seen by The Edge Financial Daily.

Under the scheme, pilots who choose to take up the offer will be paid gratuity as compensation for cessation of employment. They will also be paid for outstanding pro-rated annual leave and salary in lieu of their notice period.

According to the documents, pilots who are successful in applying to the MSS will be notified by Jan 11, with information on gratuity payment and terms of the separation.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/en/article/malaysia-airlines-pilots-get-friday-deadline

Only four B777-2H6ER left doing active service to Guangzhou, Paris and Amsterdam. 9M-MRA, MRE, MRL and -MRM.

MRP and 9M-MRQ have been quiet for past few weeks.