MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
alberttky

MAS B772 Fleet Decommissioned on 27 January 2016

Which one type of a/c is suitable for MH?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. A350 or B787

• A350
    • B787

9M-MRI has been stored elsewhere since April 2013. Should be 9M-MRJ then.

If I read correctly, 9M-MRI (and -MRK) has been scrapped...?

Yes Shahid, thanks for the correction. 9M-MRI has been scrapped at Tel Aviv by GA Telesis.

9M-MRJ is one of the seven currently stored.

Yes, SV Choong, 9M-MRI and 9M-MRK are now Coke cans...:p

The 777 never got the new livery

found it with new livery on the boieng website

rotate30.png

Interesting that you found it on the Boeing website. Were they trying to sell the B77X to MH?

Could be - I once saw a 737MAX poster with the MH livery painted on it at the Operations office in KUL.

Wouldn't be surprised if this materializes. The 738s won't be young forever.

Hope MH doesn't wait till they become flying dinosaurs before thinking of a replacement, as they did with the 734...

Wouldn't be surprised if this materializes. The 738s won't be young forever.

Hope MH doesn't wait till they become flying dinosaurs before thinking of a replacement, as they did with the 734...

Right now, replacing the B738s and A333s are the least of their problems. With low oil prices and high prices for new planes, many airlines are hanging on to their old hardware - these are paid off and all they have to do is keep up the maintenance checks. That is, unless you don't own your aircraft.

MH can place orders for delivery post 2020 as their B738s and A333s will then be over 10 years old after 2020.

Their current problem (after getting rid of excess aircraft) is to replace the long haul fleet. I think the 4 A359s were ordered to replace the A380s for the LHR service.

CDG and AMS routes are currently on trial - if they are not profitable between now and their next D-day for decisions, those routes will go with the B772s.

If the routes redeem themselves, MH might order more A359s.

Interesting that you found it on the Boeing website. Were they trying to sell the B77X to MH?

Or could be that Boeing lists the current operators of 777. I saw similar page in Boeing website that lists out the operators of 777 along with 3D aircraft model and livery, though MH was represented in current livery.

That's not the 77X though?

Whatever it is, for sure Boeing would be marketing it to MH.. Whether or not they buy is the question.

Seeing as they went with the A350.. Highly unlikely.

That's not the 77X though?

Whatever it is, for sure Boeing would be marketing it to MH.. Whether or not they buy is the question.

Seeing as they went with the A350.. Highly unlikely.

It was stated under Boeing operators

Malaysia Airlines

Aircraft:

737-800

777-200ER

both models had the swosh livery

Whats wrong with the 772 fleet these days?

AMS and CDG flights are either massively delayed or cancelled.

From what i heard alot gone tech hence the delays/cancellations

From what i heard alot gone tech hence the delays/cancellations

And who's going to do the repair since a lot of those engineering staff have been terminated.

Is MH still planning on rostering the 772's onto MH148/149 from late October? I think I saw it in their schedule at one stage.

Don't think so. MH B772 doesn't go south further than DPS now.

There aRe about 5 or 6 B772s parked in various states of disrepair.

Someone has to get them flyable is there to leave KLIA to be either stored, sold, returned to the lessor.

MH19 today (Oct 4th) had just been cancelled..

initially delayed from 11:45 to 13:00 due to bad fog at Schiphol (that didn't go away until way past noon),afterward delayed to 18:00 and subsequently cancelled due to technical problem

I would have to say, this is really not helping the image of MAB. Less than a week ago it was delayed for 7 hours. lt seems that the positive things we hear from the new management about a new transformed airline doesn't even translate to real world performance.

If things keep on happening this way I'll probably jump over to SkyTeam with KLM and Garuda

Edited by Najib Ramli

MH19 today (Oct 4th) had just been cancelled..

initially delayed from 11:45 to 13:00 due to bad fog at Schiphol (that didn't go away until way past noon),afterward delayed to 18:00 and subsequently cancelled due to technical problem

I would have to say, this is really not helping the image of MAB. Less than a week ago it was delayed for 7 hours. lt seems that the positive things we hear from the new management about a new transformed airline doesn't even translate to real world performance.

If things keep on happening this way I'll probably jump over to SkyTeam with KLM and Garuda

Jump! indeed why reward failure with your business, you are right!

777 showing signs of age?

Things can age gracefully, as evidenced by others' still flying 772s

There is no cure for neglect though :)