MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
alberttky

MAS B772 Fleet Decommissioned on 27 January 2016

Which one type of a/c is suitable for MH?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. A350 or B787

• A350
    • B787

They may have difficulties in finding a buy for second hand A380-800s!

TK is looking for 10 of those, so that might be a good buyer...

indeed, K C, see what he did to EI too - and they were far down the drain too !!!

Isn't it correct?

Anyway, good effort, but looks too much like Thai's.

I absolutely hate the current livery though. Hopefully whatever new aircraft order won't be using the Philippines flag livery..

Probably it's just me but I think it would look better with a gold Wau against a darker tone of blue.

Nonetheless that is a good effort and definitely better than Philippines flag livery.

Abit o/t but I created this livery for MH's 777's

tumblr_njj58oiXP61s12f1yo1_1280.png

me think it looks great soorox,just add a slanting red& blue/gold wau on tail and a tiny one world logo on the fwd of the malaysia airlines word and maintain the flag at the end of the same word.viola!

it’s interesting yesterday I travelled back from akl to kul with EK as MH did not have flights on Mondays, so A380 to MEL and & 300ER mel kul. Whatever they did in terms of service was just what Mh use to do it its hey days. Hot towels to start with. good quality toiletries in toilet but they were locked in to discourage pilfirage.Mh needs to follow suit on this one saves a ton of $$ if your toiletries are locked and also a mouth wash in the toilet like Sq essential!

Also get rid of the clumsy gigantic wine bottles and soft drink cans and introduce the mini wine and mini soft drinks cans like they did yesterday on EK.

Also like EK and also QF drinks and food should be 2 different trolleys cause if on one like MH by the time the last pax is served, meals are cold ass. On Ek food trolley goes out and right behind is drinks trolley. On jet airways the order is reversed, drink trolley goes out and immediately followed by food.

On MH only wines and juice is on the same trolley with the food cart hence restricting the choice or having one crew run a million times to galley back and forth to cabin.

Yesterday I asked for a spicy tomato juice and a shiraz and she had everything on her drinks cart to serve on the spot.

And KLIA sadly looks so run down and dated.

Edited by jadivindra

me think it looks great soorox,just add a slanting red& blue/gold wau on tail and a tiny one world logo on the fwd of the malaysia airlines word and maintain the flag at the end of the same word.viola!

it’s interesting yesterday I travelled back from akl to kul with EK as MH did not have flights on Mondays, so A380 to MEL and & 300ER mel kul. Whatever they did in terms of service was just what Mh use to do it its hey days. Hot towels to start with. good quality toiletries in toilet but they were locked in to discourage pilfirage.Mh needs to follow suit on this one saves a ton of $$ if your toiletries are locked and also a mouth wash in the toilet like Sq essential!

Also get rid of the clumsy gigantic wine bottles and soft drink cans and introduce the mini wine and mini soft drinks cans like they did yesterday on EK.

Also like EK and also QF drinks and food should be 2 different trolleys cause if on one like MH by the time the last pax is served, meals are cold ass. On Ek food trolley goes out and right behind is drinks trolley. On jet airways the order is reversed, drink trolley goes out and immediately followed by food.

On MH only wines and juice is on the same trolley with the food cart hence restricting the choice or having one crew run a million times to galley back and forth to cabin.

Yesterday I asked for a spicy tomato juice and a shiraz and she had everything on her drinks cart to serve on the spot.

And KLIA sadly looks so run down and dated.

Run down and dated not quite there,... I wonder what would you think of the tin shed like terminal of AKL, MEL, SYD... For AKL, the only good part was the new pier that caters for the A380, the rest was very much shopping mall like, which is a big yawn.

Edited by S V Choong

Run down and dated not quite there,... I wonder what would you think of the tin shed like terminal of AKL, MEL, SYD... For AKL, the only good part was the new pier that caters for the A380, the rest was very much shopping mall like, which is a big yawn.

When i say its dated i am benchmarking it against changi or CLK Hkg.The day we start benchmaking it against mel or syd,it will be a total disaster.

When i say its dated i am benchmarking it against changi or CLK Hkg.The day we start benchmaking it against mel or syd,it will be a total disaster.

KLIA is not much dated when compared with HKG. Both KLIA and HKG opened around the same time. HKG has nothing done to it since opening, except perhaps the retail shops. I felt KLIA is 'warmer' in terms of interior, the timber. HKG is just dead cold looking concrete jungle, including Terminal 2.

SIN, while it is probably the crown, but saying that KLIA is tired and run down is just too much of a 'big' claim.

Anyway this is O/T. Don't know how this KLIA 'issue' came about under the B772 replacement discussion.

Edited by S V Choong

I don't think KLIA looks tired and run down. It still looks pretty good to me after all these years. What looks old and run down is KLIA2 and that's not even a year old!

KLIA is not run down !!! What I particularly like is the view of tropical trees when at the airport, both at MTB and Satelite...it gives such a nice atmosphere, esp. when you just arrived from cold and dull weathered AMS :)

OK, now back to topic again (772 replacement)

I drew a red version of soorox's livery proposal when i was bored a few months ago haha, and also recently came up with a different blue version. They're rather crude though..drawn with Paint.net

I agree on that. The hsrdware nerds to be consistent. Currently their B777 vs A380 & A330 is just to different.

I agree on that. The hsrdware nerds to be consistent. Currently their B777 vs A380 & A330 is just to different.

They're not worlds apart. Only the A380 has flat seats in J, albeit without direct aisle access like the 333 and 772. (Before I get flamed for this, I'll agree that it's acceptable for the prices they're charging)

Yes, the 772 has somewhat inferior IFE, but hardly what I'd call "too different" even in Y.

If MH is going to let go all their A380, why their homepage still putting up this pic?? And I wonder how much compensation they are going to make for those who have placed the First Class Bookings on the A380 routes to LHR and CDG.MH_zpsbwxuddug.jpg

Maybe a re-fitting in of the First Class into the B777?

I do hope that they maintain LHR and AMS using the B777 at least. :db:

Maybe a re-fitting in of the First Class into the B777?

I do hope that they maintain LHR and AMS using the B777 at least. :db:

Refitting B777 with First Class? Isn't supposed to be cost cutting and the B777 is quite old and not fuel efficient. Plus the description clearly mentioning A380 ride!

American Airlines and Cathay Pacific also used this config

Edited by Lim Keng Jit

A380 is utilised due to shortage of A330s and B777s required for maintenance or extended maintenance

Perhaps..since Mueller said 777 will stay..some retrofit works to be done? *fingers crossed

Nope, CX's config. is 3-3-3 on of all their 777s!

AA, yes, 2-5-2

Edited by S V Choong

Nope, CX's config. is 3-3-3 on of all their 777s!

AA, yes, 2-5-2

CX first few 777 were delivered in 2-5-2 setup. And AA is moving away from 2-5-2 to 3-4-3.

Perhaps..since Mueller said 777 will stay..some retrofit works to be done? *fingers crossed

Just flew their 777 for the first time yesterday.. I started to think... Keep the current economy class ?

Sat on one of the normal row. The seats are so comfortable. More than enough legroom. Though i have to say, the IFE is bad.