MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Tom/PER

D7 acquires second hand A333

On 3rd Sept, I saw one of the two A330 Batavia used to own at SZB, she was engineless and looked very dirty. It must be ex PK-YVJ cn 205. I heard that D7 is taking her too. Both cn 330 and cn 205 are GE powered. Incidentally, 9M-XAD cn 330 used to fly with Aer Lingus, same as 9M-XAA A330-301 cn 054.

Having said that, 9M-XXM A330-343X ex-KA B-HWJ was delivered recently to D7 too.

Edited by JuliusWong

On 3rd Sept, I saw one of the two A330 Batavia used to own at SZB, she was engineless and looked very dirty. It must be ex PK-YVJ cn 205. I heard that D7 is taking her too. Both cn 330 and cn 205 are GE powered. Incidentally, 9M-XAD cn 330 used to fly with Aer Lingus, same as 9M-XAA A330-301 cn 054.

Having said that, 9M-XXM A330-343X ex-KA B-HWJ was delivered recently to D7 too.

These are leased from ILFC - I guess that the engines needed major overhaul in view of their age.

I wonder why SV needed to wet lease D7's old birds when they should be able to operate spanking new ones!

Tom et all,

Air Asia X A330-343X 9M-XXM msn 741 ex: B-HWJ ex: Dragonair operated today's D7-236/237 services

from Kuala Lumpur to Perth & return, today's visit to Perth was her 1st.

Cheers GW

9M-XXM routes after delivery:

XAX522 seen @ 2013-09-24 07:30 UTC on route from KUL to HND

XAX237 seen @ 2013-09-24 02:27 UTC on route from PER to KUL

XAX237 seen @ 2013-09-23 22:57 UTC on route from PER to KUL

XAX236 seen @ 2013-09-23 17:24 UTC on route from KUL to PER

XAX236 seen @ 2013-09-23 16:20 UTC on route from KUL to PER

XAX689 seen @ 2013-09-12 02:19 UTC on route from KUL to PER

9M-XXM is in full service with D7, despite its white livery:

web.jpg

Perhaps it was pressed into service to replace another aircraft that has gone into maintenance.

Interesting to note that each of these three ILFC planes got different types of treatment prior to handing them over to D7.

There is another 1 in XMN in all white for D7. Not sure on rego

I wonder if these two will go to Thai AirAsia X?

I think AirAsia X are pressing them into service therefore no time to paint them in full livery. D7 is now very active at charter business. In addition, no thanks to MAHB delay in opening KLIA2 and current LCCT is bursting its seam, they need the aircraft now to expand aggressively when KLIA2 opens, but need to use or park them somewhere else.

I suspect that one of them will be earmarked for a special livery as there was a contest to design it earlier this year.

Yes, D7 has been misled by MAHB so many times that they just need to make their own plans - two planes will be based in DMK for their Thai Airasia X affiliate.

Don't see that coming unless they can sort out the parking space issue at BKI.

Wasn't there a plan to base some A333 at BKI?

Yes. There was. They were talking about launching flights to South Korea, Mainland China, Japan as well as Australia. Don't see this taking off anytime soon though. Besides, the 333 is probably way too big and so is the yet to be delivered 359. The 788 looks to be a better fit but too bad D7 doesn't have any on order.

Skyliner is reporting A330-343X 9M-XXN ex KA B-HWK cn786 has been delivered on 24th October 2013. At the same time KA took delivery of their own A330-343X B-HWM on 26th October 2013.

Off topic **

Was onboard D7 221 SYD-KUL last week. STD 2140 ; STA 0315+1. Time block was 8 hrs 35 min.

The flight departed on time however it was approx 20 min late into KUL. Viewing the traffic was relatively quiet at both SYD and KUL around this time, wonder why it took almost 9 hrs. Was it due to strong headwind or was it possible D7 fly at a slower cruising speed ?

Sign in to follow this