MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cire

Air Force One with Barack Obama Visit 20-22 November 2015

Out of curiosity I checked the availability of rooms at Palace of the Golden Horses for that weekend. Rooms and suites are still available. Maybe he'll be staying somewhere else..

One hotel at Putrajaya shows there are no rooms during the period. Maybe pure coincidence though...

Haha, ironically he still have to land at SZB or KUL as Putrajaya doesn't have an airstrip of its' own.

odd question but where do presidents put up on visits like this, luxury hotels?

POTUS does not just occupy a room or suite. They would occupy the whole block and the secret service makes sure that there are no threats from neighbouring buildings too.

I'm surprised they don't go for American chains like Hilton or Best Western.

If POTUS is in Europe, its typically Hilton all the way

I'm surprised they don't go for American chains like Hilton or Best Western.

If POTUS is in Europe, its typically Hilton all the way

Maybe for security reasons. Obama has yet to arrive and our holier and holy people are already protesting about his visit to Malaysia.

Why won't Obama's security outfit be not worry in this tiny peninsular of Malaysia?

If you see any road diversion in the coming days running up the arrival of Obama, that will surely provide some clues as to where he will stay. But then, it could be a decoy as well. Never know.

Maybe for security reasons. Obama has yet to arrive and our holier and holy people are already protesting about his visit to Malaysia.

Why won't Obama's security outfit be not worry in this tiny peninsular of Malaysia?

If you see any road diversion in the coming days running up the arrival of Obama, that will surely provide some clues as to where he will stay. But then, it could be a decoy as well. Never know.

Why the holy people are protesting his visit to Malaysia? These group of people are supposed to be extreme religious people and not like Obama is giving some stripping show in Malaysia, it's all about political matters. So weird.

Nowadays the Secret Service agents also using prostitute services when overseas.

Could be a method to gather humint/intelligence. Edited by KK Lee

On the trip, Obama will meet with each of the leaders of the four countries. Two of the stops -- in Japan and the Philippines -- will be official state visits, meaning Obama will attend formal dinners with Emperor Akihito in Japan and President Benigno Aquino in the Philippines.

The trip also will include tours of the Meiji shrine in Tokyo and the National Mosque in Kuala Lumpur, meetings with business leaders in Japan and Korea, and a look at a new electronic vehicle in the Philippines called "the Comet." Obama will lay a wreath at the national war memorial in Seoul.

The town-hall event at Malaya University will be with young leaders from 10 Southeast Asian nations, and Obama also will meet with civil-rights leaders in Malaysia, as the United States attempts to promote democratic values.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/18/white-house-announces-itinerary-for-obamas-asia-trip/

Nowadays the Secret Service agents also using prostitute services when overseas.

Could be a method to gather humint/intelligence.

Oh I saw this on Homeland.

Has anyone got his autograph?

10153062_10152368111749847_6637176237622

wow.. driving a left handed Limo One in our streets would be a little challenging..

When Nancy Reagan came in 1986, they close the whole federal highway all the way from Subang Airport to Sri Perdana

so.... are we gonna try to take pic of the POTUS plane this weekend?

I think it will be very, very hard to get a picture of the VC-25 unless you have access to any of the highrise buildings in the surrounding area of SZB.

I think it will be very, very hard to get a picture of the VC-25 unless you have access to any of the highrise buildings in the surrounding area of SZB.

Yeah, Secret Service will secure the area. But there is no harm trying, though! ;)

Only 15 has ILS - so it will land on 15. But what about our daily afternoon thunderstorms? ;)

Why must the aircraft only land with ILS?

Why must the aircraft only land with ILS?

Better margin of safety, just ask the Asiana pilots! ;)

Seriously, I think this was discussed before - ATC discourages Runway 33 approaches as there are concerns about conflicts with KLIA traffic.

Very often, aircraft taking off from Runway 15 need to hold for some time (over 10 mins) before they get clearance due to heavy traffic in KLIA. I saw a Malindo ATR72 giving up, backtracked and took off from Runway 33!