MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Australia and Malaysia Need to Negotiate Expanded Bilateral Agreements

I understand there are more Malaysian populations in Melbourne than in Sydney.

So now with with 3x daily MH MEL-KUL, 2x daily D7 and 1x daily EK, there will be 6X daily MEL-KUL !

JQ has direct MEL-SIN but not MEL-KUL. Perhaps its base cost is not able to compete with D7 hence low yield for them if they decide to compete head to head with D7 ?

JQ used to fly SYD - KUL, but dropped after couple of months.

I understand there are more Malaysian populations in Melbourne than in Sydney.

If based on the last GE2013 for overseas postal voters, the election offices in London and Melbourne were the ones that had the highest number of registered voters and that these offices had to be opened way past standard hours to accommodate everyone (London office was closed at midnight on the day, last voter entered the building at 23:00).

Just in, SYD increase is being brought forward much earlier. http://airlineroute.net/2013/08/29/mh-syd-nov13/

I'm sure they have spare widebodies. That's what they're using the B772 for until more of the A333 get delivered.

I'm sure they have spare widebodies. That's what they're using the B772 for until more of the A333 get delivered.

I think they are a bit short in A330 for future fleet expansion. They planned to introduce A330 on NRT route, but was cancelled.

The airline previously planned to introduce Airbus A330-300 operation on 7 of 11 weekly flights, instead of 777-200ER, however this is now being cancelled, due to the introduction of 3rd daily Sydney service.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/08/27/mh-nrt-feb14update2/

I think they are a bit short in A330 for future fleet expansion. They planned to introduce A330 on NRT route, but was cancelled.

The airline previously planned to introduce Airbus A330-300 operation on 7 of 11 weekly flights, instead of 777-200ER, however this is now being cancelled, due to the introduction of 3rd daily Sydney service.

They always have the option of converting the current 10 options they have for the A333 into firm orders.

Perhaps MH planned the NRT operations before news of the approval of the new bilateral with Austalia. Since SYD/MEL is higher priority, it is only natural to deploy the A333s on these routes first.

They always have the option of converting the current 10 options they have for the A333 into firm orders.

Which I think they should done like asap!

It's amazing they managed to retire 747, A333, A332 and 734 at higher rate than receiving new aircraft, which means aircraft utilisation is better now than before.

It's amazing they managed to retire 747, A333, A332 and 734 at higher rate than receiving new aircraft, which means aircraft utilisation is better now than before.

Well they learnt a fair bit about aircraft utilisation during their CCF time and also from the ex-Westjet executives. ;) Yes, they managed to increase their aircraft utilisation by at least 35% compared to the bad old days.

MH should focus on increasing capacity to BNE. A lot of QF passengers are unhappy about the schedules to Europe.

This is the tally now after all these aggressive expansion news by MH:

MYAUBilateral1_zps46fac3e3.png

With only 5,473 seats remaining, it is now a writing on the wall that D7 CAN NOT increase SYD, MEL and PER to 3 daily. D7 can only do so at only 2 of these airports, as exhibited below:

MYAUBilateral2_zpsd0e776e8.png

This is of course, if MH does not increase its flights to any other destinations involved like BNE for example. Should MH decided to increase BNE to even 9 weekly, there goes the chance of D7 to serve SYD and MEL with 3 daily flights as then D7 can only do so to only 1 destination. It is now a game of siapa cepat dia dapat.

MH is totally raking the new allotment up and now it seems that D7 is in between a rock and a hard place. If MH really wants to piss D7 off, an announcement of 2 daily flights to PER and BNE (which I think do able now that MH is in oneworld) have to be made imminent. And if MH really really want to show who's the boss, then all the 3 daily flights into MEL will have to be made all A333 because as a proceed, D7 will be short of just a pitiful 3 seats from the cap to even launch a 3 daily flights to SYD or MEL or in other words, D7 can not even launch the 3rd daily flights to anywhere at all.

MYAUBilateral3_zps2bc2b946.png

So will MH be gracious or merciless?

I don't think BNE has the potential to go x2 daily just yet, possibly another 3 weekly flight, BNE despite OW connection isn't big enough of a market to facilitate extra Malaysia services. PER however I can see getting more increases, BNE is more like ADL.

Is there possibly a way of "owning" the seating rights before operating them? If they can MH should keep some for potential A380 services to MEL & SYD if they do order more.

The problems with MH increasing the capacity are:

1. A330 availability- they cancelled A330 to NRT because they want to operate new daily flight to SYD. But with new flights to PER, wil they have enough A330?

2. will they have enough cabin crew?

With klia2 delayed yet again, D7 have other problems to contend with. That is why they need to get the Thai AirAsia X up and running ASAP.

The problems with MH increasing the capacity are:

1. A330 availability- they cancelled A330 to NRT because they want to operate new daily flight to SYD. But with new flights to PER, wil they have enough A330?

2. will they have enough cabin crew?

In the short term, some 2nd tier A333 destination may be downgraded I guess.

However the last two A333 are expected to be delivered on schedule. The penultimate plane's scheduled to be delivered by end of December.

This is the tally now after all these aggressive expansion news by MH:

MYAUBilateral1_zps46fac3e3.png

With only 5,473 seats remaining, it is now a writing on the wall that D7 CAN NOT increase SYD, MEL and PER to 3 daily. D7 can only do so at only 2 of these airports, as exhibited below:

MYAUBilateral2_zpsd0e776e8.png

This is of course, if MH does not increase its flights to any other destinations involved like BNE for example. Should MH decided to increase BNE to even 9 weekly, there goes the chance of D7 to serve SYD and MEL with 3 daily flights as then D7 can only do so to only 1 destination. It is now a game of siapa cepat dia dapat.

MH is totally raking the new allotment up and now it seems that D7 is in between a rock and a hard place. If MH really wants to piss D7 off, an announcement of 2 daily flights to PER and BNE (which I think do able now that MH is in oneworld) have to be made imminent. And if MH really really want to show who's the boss, then all the 3 daily flights into MEL will have to be made all A333 because as a proceed, D7 will be short of just a pitiful 3 seats from the cap to even launch a 3 daily flights to SYD or MEL or in other words, D7 can not even launch the 3rd daily flights to anywhere at all.

MYAUBilateral3_zps2bc2b946.png

So will MH be gracious or merciless?

Why ADL and the future DRW not included? I think all the seats are used up already

Edited by EddieDaniel

I suppose BA might want to reconsider working with CX if MH is able to get more flights into Australia and Malaysia & Australia having the open skies policy done!

Sign in to follow this