MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Australia and Malaysia Need to Negotiate Expanded Bilateral Agreements

Perhaps with the current fleet, MH has decided that the block times are far too long for comfort. MH's objective is to operate reliable LHR and CDG services as a priority.

Should an A380 go tech, it would be easier to substitute another aircraft for the HKG route than for a SYD service.

I don't think the Whalejets will venture down to MEL & SYD in the near future, perhaps MH is building its frequency, then stabilising their MEL & SYD operations before going A380 - no doubt we will get a top up order from MH. But still the A330/772 product is inferior to that of SQ, EK, CX, I still can't believe they went with that J product !

Every time I'm sitting in that J seat on the A330, I feel like slapping the people who chose them!

Every time I'm sitting in that J seat on the A330, I feel like slapping the people who chose them!

The sad thing is that it will probably be awhile before they refurbish their cabin or come up with new products..

Probably a reason why Akbar Al Baker of QR doesn't like accountant to run airline.

Edited by KK Lee

The sad thing is that it will probably be awhile before they refurbish their cabin or come up with new products..

Until that time, MH J-class fare could only sell at a discount related to SQ, QR, etc.

If MH can get Y class product right, why can't they get J and F right too? .....

They didn't get it right for their 737 800 though..

If MH can get Y class product right, why can't they get J and F right too? .....

J and F are more expensive to develop. MH just pick them out of catalogues.

I think MH chose a great seat for F on their A380. I have no complaints whatsoever. It's understated, spacious, has excellent storage space and very comfortable. I look at pictures of EK's F and I think I'll get blinded by all the bling!

I definitely agree that the J on the A333 was a complete fail and the J on the A380 is a disappointment compared to what other airlines have got on their A380s.

Can't comment on Y on the A380 or A333 because I have not tried either yet...

J and F are more expensive to develop. MH just pick them out of catalogues.

Yes that is true, but to be a market leader one must do so, grab the passengers attention with a new product that nobody has ever seen. Most of the time most pax will get out of their way to get on that flight with the better product.

However MH also had a chance to choose a much better seat for their A333's even though they are from catalogues, theres much better seats - thats no excuse to choose a mediocre product. MH needs to get its Premium product right to differentiate itself as the premium carrier. SQ's J seat is available on a catalogue for example :acute:

Grr. Reservations still not up for 3rd daily SYD-KUL flight yet. I want that morning departure from SYD!!

I think MH chose a great seat for F on their A380. I have no complaints whatsoever...

I've been on TG, LH, SQ and MH A380 F and I would rank them in the following order: SQ > LH > MH > TG. All of them has its pros and cons, but I'd prefer MH to have their F cabins on the upper deck. Windows are better on the upper deck and much larger bathrooms (e.g. TG and especially LH's bathrooms). MH's F bathrooms are small - even the C class bathrooms are larger than the F bathrooms. LH beds are extremely comfortable and their seat is well designed.

Grr. Reservations still not up for 3rd daily SYD-KUL flight yet. I want that morning departure from SYD!!

It is. Flights begin February 2014.

AirAsia X to launch double-daily services from Sydney, Melbourne and Perth

AirAsia X is to introduce twice-daily flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Perth to Kuala Lumpur, in a move that will see it become Australia’s fourth largest foreign carrier by the end of 2013.

Following the completion of a new bilateral agreement between Australia and Malaysia and the addition of more A330-300s to the airline’s fleet, AirAsia X will increase its schedule to Melbourne on October 1 and Sydney and Perth from November 25.

AirAsia X currently operates 12 weekly flights to Sydney and Melbourne and nine to Perth.

“The Sydney, Melbourne and Perth to Kuala Lumpur routes have performed extremely well and the new double daily services will help meet increasing demand,” AirAsia X CEO Azran Osman-Rani said.

“Overall, the airline has carried over 3.4 million passengers to and from its Australian routes to date. Australia contributes over 40 per cent of the airline’s total revenue, recording on average 83 per cent passenger load in the first half of 2013.”

“AirAsia X has been lobbying both governments for some time for the increased capacity, and we are delighted to be able to further expand our reach across these dynamic cities.

“Australia is a huge part of our core focus, and Australians can expect to see us continuing to expand our operations in this vitally important market.”

AirAsia X also recently announced its entry into Adelaide, with four weekly flights from October 31 and a return to seven flights a week on the Gold Coast.

AirAsia Indonesia also operates direct Bali flights from Perth and Darwin.

http://australianaviation.com.au/2013/08/airasia-x-to-launch-double-daily-services-from-sydney-melbourne-and-perth/

It is. Flights begin February 2014.

I can't find it. I was looking for flights in April next year and only the 2 flights are listed.

I can't find it. I was looking for flights in April next year and only the 2 flights are listed.

If you're looking for it on the IBE, it's probably not released yet. But I think you may be able to book it via GDS.

Thanks for clarifying. Well, that's why I can't see it on the MH site. There's no rush. I can wait... :)

Heard from MAS office here in Sydney that end of this year, MAS will have 3 daily flight into Melbourne and in 2014, 3 daily flights into Sydney.

All 3 daily Melbourne flight will be A333 while Sydney 3 daily will be 2 A333 and 1 B772ER.

AirAsia X also has double daily to Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. Heard they plan to go 3 daily to Sydney in 2014. True?

Heard from MAS office here in Sydney that end of this year, MAS will have 3 daily flight into Melbourne and in 2014, 3 daily flights into Sydney.

All 3 daily Melbourne flight will be A333 while Sydney 3 daily will be 2 A333 and 1 B772ER.

AirAsia X also has double daily to Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. Heard they plan to go 3 daily to Sydney in 2014. True?

confirmed by BERNAMA

http://aviation.bernama.com/news.php?id=972952&lang=en

MELBOURNE, Aug 27 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines will increase its double daily operations from Sydney with an addition of four services a week, totalling up to 18 flights a week from Nov 21.

Thereafter, the airline will mount its triple daily services between Sydney and Kuala Lumpur from Feb 5.

Starting from Nov 22, Malaysia Airlines flight MH142 will depart Sydney every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8.50am and will arrive in Kuala Lumpur at 2.15pm the same day.

The return flight, MH143 will depart Kuala Lumpur every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7.30pm and will arrive in Sydney at 6.25am the following day, the airline said in a statement.

The additional services will be operated by the B777-200, which is configured with 35 seats in business class and 245 seats in economy class.

That might be abit too ambitious for next year, but I have read a report where D7 plans to go triple daily from both MEL & SYD at some point. Right now theres too much capacity to be absorbed. I wonder why MEL got priority for an extra daily flight, perhaps due to the demand? The extra MEL flight starts in NOV when the busy holiday season starts, while the SYD flight starts in FEB just after the busy holiday period.

I understand there are more Malaysian populations in Melbourne than in Sydney.

So now with with 3x daily MH MEL-KUL, 2x daily D7 and 1x daily EK, there will be 6X daily MEL-KUL !

JQ has direct MEL-SIN but not MEL-KUL. Perhaps its base cost is not able to compete with D7 hence low yield for them if they decide to compete head to head with D7 ?

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

Sign in to follow this