MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
David.W

2013 worlds best airport is...

• Singapore Changi Airport is voted the World's Best Airport
  • KLIA no longer in the top 10

Singapore Changi Airport has been voted the World's Best Airport at the 2013 World Airport Awards held at Passenger Terminal EXPO in Geneva. This is the fourth time Changi airport has achieved the top prize - last claiming victory back in 2010.

The awards are voted for by airport customers from around the world and this year the survey garnered 12.1 million responses.

"In winning this prestigious accolade, Singapore Changi cements its place as one of the world's favourite airports and Skytrax offer their sincere congratulations on what has been a fantastic year of achievement" said Edward Plaisted, Chairman of Skytrax. "Changi airport continues to be a leader and innovator within the industry and this in our opinion, is a key reason why it has remained ranked amongst the top-3 airports for the last 14 years of the awards."

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards_2013/Airport2013.htm

qgmlxe9l5k0mfokkqcsl.jpg

Full ranking here

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards_2013/top100.htm

130409103940-changi-terminal-one-horizon
1. Singapore Changi Airport
120215075005-incheon-airport-horizontal-
2. South Korea Incheon Airport
111115053544-schipol-airport-horizontal-
3. Netherlands Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
120719053433-china-airport-departures-ho
4. Hong Kong International Airport
130405111456-beijing-capital-internation
5. China Beijing Capital International Airport
130326182544-munich-airport-beer-garden-
6. Germany Munich Airport
121001024838-zurich-green-airport-horizo
7. Switzerland Zurich Airport
130409185259-vancouver-airport-horizonta
8. Canada Vancouver International Airport
130409183650-tokyo-haneda-departure-hall
9. Japan Tokyo International Airport
120716101803-olympics-london-heathrow-ai
10. UK London Heathrow Airport
KLIA is ranked no. 14
Edited by Tan Hao Ming

what the hell? heathrow??

i love suhaimi's comment - puduraya @ LCCT! lol, almost choked on my tea

Come to think of it... it kind of look similar- the old Puduraya that is.. :lol:

Unless the other airports do something, Changi will win this forever. They get better with each passing year. I never thought I could enjoy myself so much in an airport before until I went through Changi

I guess there's more premium pax flying from LHR than KUL. The bulk of KUL pax are flying out of the Puduraya...eh LCCT

what the hell? heathrow??

i love suhaimi's comment - puduraya @ LCCT! lol, almost choked on my tea

Come to think of it... it kind of look similar- the old Puduraya that is.. :lol:

But the Puduraya was ranked no. 5 in the world in the Low Cost Airport category. http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards_2013/lowcost.htm

So theoretically, it is the standard of the Main Terminal that is slipping. Main Terminal no. 14 in the world, Puduraya no. 5 in the world. I guess we have to deal with this.

Our immigration continues to be the world's champion. http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards_2013/category.htm

And nobody wants to go to Sama Sama Hotel. http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards_2013/besthotels.htm

ICN is really pleasant...BKK, not so, so kinda explains the raking as well...I find KUL Satellite a bit crowded...is it just me? The corridor I mean...shopping options are great, but not so for passengers comfort...can't really find a place to sit if your gate is not open...I like how SIN has this tropical, sunny and airy feel to it in both T2 and T1...the clever use of palms for one really makes it look like a tropical paradise...puts you in the mood for holiday...

How could Puduraya@LCCT be ranked no.5? The passenger comfort is pathetic, high taxes paid to MAB and yet there are no seats to accommodate the traffic, the airconditioning is the worst of an airport, the prices are exhorbitant and safety is surely an issue both to the passengers and the workers.

Satellite building is a really smal terminal. The mentally is that you go there to board a plane 2 hours before departure, not spending hours or even overnight.

Satellite building is a really smal terminal. The mentally is that you go there to board a plane 2 hours before departure, not spending hours or even overnight.

Pax means to spend their waiting time at cafe, bistro, restaurants and pub operate by MAHB.

ICN is really pleasant...BKK, not so, so kinda explains the raking as well...I find KUL Satellite a bit crowded...is it just me? The corridor I mean...shopping options are great, but not so for passengers comfort...can't really find a place to sit if your gate is not open...I like how SIN has this tropical, sunny and airy feel to it in both T2 and T1...the clever use of palms for one really makes it look like a tropical paradise...puts you in the mood for holiday...

I used to really like the satellite at KUL until they turn all the walking, open space into shop lots. Its annoying really to have all the space taken up by all these shops and cafes. During peak hours the satellite can be very annoying.

I don't understand this mentality where they have to fill all the space with shops and kiosks until there is hardly any space for people to move around ( KL Sentral is another notorious example).

Someone please tell MAHB to keep KLIA as originally envisioned. Enough malls already!

Edited by Azri

I agree. KUL used to be spacious and you can breeze through easily. But for the last two years (even before MH joined oneworld), it feels really crowded and aerotrain is always packed.

Edited by Johan Z

I agree. KUL used to be spacious and you can breeze through easily. But for the last two years (even before MH joined oneworld), it feels really crowded and aerotrain is always packed.

Don't you think that it's good that KLIA main terminal/satellite is crowded and busy now. Last time they were lots of people here and at other forums were bitching that KLIA was somewhat a white elephant, too empty, boring, under-utilized and stuffs like that. Though personally, I prefer KLIA to be like when it was first opened many years ago, it was very spacious. I hated all these kiosks ala KL sentral that they have now.

Time for S2...Satellite ke-2. :D

Don't you think that it's good that KLIA main terminal/satellite is crowded and busy now. Last time they were lots of people here and at other forums were bitching that KLIA was somewhat a white elephant, too empty, boring, under-utilized and stuffs like that. Though personally, I prefer KLIA to be like when it was first opened many years ago, it was very spacious. I hated all these kiosks ala KL sentral that they have now.

It's good for airlines/MAHB, but it reflects badly on the airport management. If you just travelled half-way around the world, you don't care about it being a white elephant. SIN is great because they're really innovative to make airport less boring.

I heard this lovely term of "Shiok sendiri" and feel this aptly sums up KLIA..

From the banners that used/still(?) adorn the terminal about being 'best in the world (oh... In a medium size category..?)' airport... To the poor choice of duty-free offerings and the cowshed that is LCCT... Malaysia Airports needs to wake up and smell the coffee...

Curiously however - i do feel that Gatwick is far better experience than Heathrow and didnt make it into the chart.. Then again this also sums up much if Skytrax and its often interesting choices..

I used to really like the satellite at KUL until they turn all the walking, open space into shop lots. Its annoying really to have all the space taken up by all these shops and cafes. During peak hours the satellite can be very annoying.

I don't understand this mentality where they have to fill all the space with shops and kiosks until there is hardly any space for people to move around ( KL Sentral is another notorious example).

Someone please tell MAHB to keep KLIA as originally envisioned. Enough malls already!

I think its badly designed and the lack of space for retail has caused the open space to be used and it now feels cluttered.

Arrived Friday evening at C33 or 35 and the due to the narrow part at the bottom of the steps and there being a toilet there people were standing around.

Throw in a few lost,slow or people playing with their phones its was jammed and annoying.

The arrivals hall is a joke, very cluttered with people waiting and the food kiosks blocking the way yet at the far end near the KL transit it’s

just wasted space.

Yes I like the airport but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s badly designed and managed.

hardware is good but software still the same ... that's the perpetual problem with Malaysia.

we need new people running the show, not government appointed, half retired, money grabbing cronies with gawdy tastes and ideas from the 1970s.

KLIA does look very cluttered and now looks more like KL sentral than a gleaming, sparkling state-of-the-art airport

mind you, KL sentral shouldn't be looking like how it is now in the first place.

Sign in to follow this