MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
D Singh

MAS offers sub par uncompetitive products

may n june... keamatan in sabah and gawai in sarawak... who want to loose out making money during those period? During CNY, a friend of mine scoop out RM3.5k for 2 adult and 1 infant for AK KUL SBW return ticket. i did an dummy booking on MH business class for the same day same route but off set the early departure out from Sibu, MH charging Rm4.5k.

Edited by Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

Have you tried making a booking on MAS Website? Tried making a booking for KUL - JHB this May and found that the air fare is now RM487.60 one way inclusive of taxes!

Wait, MH has a working website???.......(pun intended)

Wait, MH has a working website???.......(pun intended)

I just found out today that Airasia has a new booking interface. While it has gone through many generations of 'new and improved' features, MH is still stuck in the old user-unfriendly-borrow-from-previous-generation-full-of-bug booking engine. I do believe in 'if it's good, there is no need to fix it' but it is not. Hopefully NewCo will be able to fix it.

End May is the start of school holiday too apart from local festivities like Kaamatan and Gawai.

MH does have sub par product, especially when compared with their regional competitors.

7th Feb: KUL->HKG (MH 448)

16275261499_48cabd4765_b.jpg

3rd May: HKG->KUL (CX 791)

17169288228_c139913a07_b.jpg

The nasi lemak was had just a spicy taste, whereas the ginger chicken on CX was pretty damn good. Apart from that, the service was a world of difference. I felt like the CX crew's performance was at the level of any business class, at least I felt so. The difference was even more obvious when you can compare them side by side like this.

But the worst food on this leg was definitely AA. Appalling service and food through and through. If there's any consolation for MH, they are still better than any American airlines but this is not good enough when you have the likes of SQ and CX.

This year a few times flew on J on BKi-KUL vv.the food for me was what Y meals was like 15yrs ago.and the so called Malaysian hospitality? Mixed review. Like what tom hanks said, a box of chocolate. You dont know what you'll get.

But the worst food on this leg was definitely AA. Appalling service and food through and through. If there's any consolation for MH, they are still better than any American airlines but this is not good enough when you have the likes of SQ and CX.

AA started an extension to KUL? Is it a tag based off the DFW-HKG longhaul? Yay - a new option!

AA started an extension to KUL? Is it a tag based off the DFW-HKG longhaul? Yay - a new option!

Yeap, KUL-HKG-DFW and beyond, all with AA as the MSC.

I know friends who are frequent fliers with MAs have decided to give up MAS after hearing the A380 sell off rumor

I am in agreement with this. I enjoy the 380 flight to LHR (morning or evening flights), the aircraft is comfortable and the cabin crew are generally very professional and attentive. If MAS doesn't have the 380 for this flight (and I'm not sure which other plane it could deploy on this route without giving it up completely, and I can not believe that MAS would give up MH001 and MH002), then it is likely I'd have to switch to QR and suffer the stopover in Doha (or even at a stretch fly BA!).

What about the B747? They have one on standby no? Not many still flying nowadays.

I have flown on the A380 to Paris in March and the load factor of the plane is really good. I also liked the interior of the plane and the livery and also the cabin crew. Well now its all gone. Quite sad to see these whale birds going extinct in MAS fleet