MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

2014 Singapore Airshow, Changi Exhibition Centre, Singapore

Many thanks to Flee for sharing those A350 photos. I guess A350 took the limelight for first 2 days. :drinks:

Who is the "aunty" in post #76 ? :pardon:

Many thanks to Flee for sharing those A350 photos. I guess A350 took the limelight for first 2 days. :drinks:

Who is the "aunty" in post #76 ? :pardon:

Unfortunately for that press release by Airbus, the A350 wasn't the attraction. Way to go "aunty" Kwek! :clapping: :clapping:

Yes, the A350 was a very popular exhibit, even in the expo hall. Here we see many people perusing the mockup of the cockpit:

web.jpg

And my primary target at the Singapore Air Show 2014 (I am actually planning a trip to TLS later this year to spot the other prototypes) - so graceful and elegant!

web.jpg

Close up of the nose and engines while it is being put thru its paces during the demo flight:

web.jpg

While the A350 stole the show, my other highlight was seeing the KAF's Black Eagles perform. They were by far the best aerobatic team on show - very well rehearsed and their routine was slick and attractive.

web.jpg

Still have not finished processing the photos...

Hope to share more later! Enjoy! :)

Yes, the A350 was a very popular exhibit, even in the expo hall. Here we see many people perusing the mockup of the cockpit:

I was in the mockup the day before the show opened!

SilkAir, the regional wing of Singapore Airlines, welcomed its first Boeing 737-800 at the Singapore Airshow 2014 today. On exclusive display for just one day, the maiden aircraft was dressed in a special 25th Anniversary livery of SilkAir’s signature blue and green to commemorate the milestone occasion that takes place this month.

More: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/travel/article/silkairs-first-boeing-737-800-makes-its-debut-on-home-ground-at-the-singapo

With Photo: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/silkairs-new-boeing-jet-makes-public-debut-singapore-airshow-20140214

Unfortunately for that press release by Airbus, the A350 wasn't the attraction. Way to go "aunty" Kwek! :clapping: :clapping:

LTNS Ramani! :) When r u coming to spot with us again?

That Airbus PR and photo was used out of context by me (deliberately!) ;)

Here is an "official shot":

web.jpg

We were inside the V-22 Osprey, talking to the pilot. :)

web.jpg

Those are real fantastic shots. Thanks for displaying the A350, B787 and the Sukhoi Superjet. Sadly, they were no longer there during the public days.

Didn't recall seeing the Dash 8 either.

The show was HOT !! :lol:

Looking at WT's photo of A350 reminded me of the A380 shot at similar location/angle during the SA2008 show.

They were towing the plane for aero display, we jumped over the fence, lie down on our tummy and started snapping like mad. I think the security just looked at us, shook his head and left us alone while making sure no other maniac do the same thing.

DSC_8994.jpg

Looking at WT's photo of A350 reminded me of the A380 shot at similar location/angle during the SA2008 show.

They were towing the plane for aero display, we jumped over the fence, lie down on our tummy and started snapping like mad. I think the security just looked at us, shook his head and left us alone while making sure no other maniac do the same thing.

and we all get warn not to step any place on or beyond the glass pad, before the 787 being towed out. because some of the spotter do the same thing when the SilkAir 737 towing out.

maybe the learnt from the passed. :)