MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
michgyver

Small Plane Crashed in Melaka

Looks like the plane hit trees and that probably saved it crashing into buildings. Hope the people on board a safe.

The latest info I have is that the pilot Is in hospital. Condition unknown.

It's Cheng Heights. Where we usually position the aircraft for a left base RWY 03. It's very close to the airfield.

Jack, any idea which batch is he from? if i m not mistaken my last single engine flight was on 9M-SKZ...i Sincerely hope for the best for this guy, hope he gets well soon.

Heard rumours that it was the cadet's FIRST solo (If so, very well done to him). Anyone can confirm?

Edited by S M Tang

Any possibility of pulling the 'mixture' to 'lean' instead of throttle to 1700 RPM at downwind and the engine started coughing and died?

..........just sayin' ..........

:hi:

Any possibility of pulling the 'mixture' to 'lean' instead of throttle to 1700 RPM at downwind and the engine started coughing and died?

haha...is better pull to ICO...haha...straight die and you have to do a glide..might lead to runway closure for several minutes...hahaha :clapping:

There's an instructor in my flying school whom we regard as 'legendary'. During your final navigation test, he will demonstrate landing using mixture with throttle fixed. And yes, when rounding out, the mixture is almost if not at cut off and the engine will start rough running before it is brought back to rich.

Sign in to follow this