MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
khairuddin abu hanifah

Garuda Indonesia Non-Stop Service from London Heathrow to Jakarta and Denpasar Bali

Good for those who can't stand being stuck in a Y seat having paid for J! :p

If you're referring to the new BA "update" it's bloody bloody awful. Having said that this GA is a gimmick worth trying once, but I'm doubtful it can be a serious alternative to the Oneworld gang. Fine if you commute London Amsterdam using KLM , then this might have some appeal - but I doubt this will win the BA gang over.

web.jpg

Garuda Indonesia has again shelved plans to launch new destinations in continental Europe but has secured slots at London Heathrow to replace London Gatwick. Frankfurt and Paris have been put on the backburner and capacity to Garuda’s two main medium-haul markets, Australia and Japan, will remain at relatively modest levels after large cuts were implemented in early 2015.
The airline has taken a sensible decision to decelerate growth of its medium/long haul network and as a result has adjusted its business plan to include fewer A330s and fewer new generation widebody aircraft. Scheduled international capacity also has been adjusted by allocating a larger portion of its widebody fleet to Saudi Arabia charters.
Garuda will still plans to add long haul capacity in 2016 as it decouples its two European destinations, London and Amsterdam, but overall international capacity will grow at a significantly slower pace than initially planned. Garuda launched London Gatwick in Sep-2014 as a tag to Amsterdam and now plans to drop Gatwick in Mar-2016 while launching London Heathrow to Jakarta non-stops. Initially the Heathrow flight is slated to stop in Singapore on the outbound leg but Garuda expects eventually to operate non-stops to London once runway issues at Jakarta are resolved.

QF just announced today their non stop PER-LHR load factor is over the roof and most profitable...whatecer that means. Highly doubt GA will get any pax residue.

Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and London were some of their plan to return to Europe. Paris and Frankfurt never started, only left Amsterdam. I wonder if their LHR slot are up for grab, could be very valuable. MH, Do something...

Had GA started with a smaller aircraft like 332 or 788 may stand a better chance to last

A332 can't make it heavy load without penalty, B788 might be able to make it, that's pushing it's limit a bit though. But while airlines are buying up 787 and 350, GA sad still buying new A330ceo. Fleet planning is a bit behind.

I wonder if their LHR slot are up for grab, could be very valuable. MH, Do something...

A332 can't make it heavy load without penalty, B788 might be able to make it, that's pushing it's limit a bit though. But while airlines are buying up 787 and 350, GA sad still buying new A330ceo. Fleet planning is a bit behind.

MH does not have enough business to fill two A380 flights throughout the year. I doubt they are looking for a third flight! D7 might want to think about it because they can always sell the slot if it does not work out...

The GA B77W makes a refuelling stop in SIN on the way to LHR as it is overweight for CGK if it has a full load.

QF just announced today their non stop PER-LHR load factor is over the roof and most profitable...whatecer that means. Highly doubt GA will get any pax residue.

Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and London were some of their plan to return to Europe. Paris and Frankfurt never started, only left Amsterdam. I wonder if their LHR slot are up for grab, could be very valuable.

I have been secretly hoping that BA will start LHR-PER soon. BA has 18 B789 that can be used for the mission.

AMS is GA's turf, there is no doubt about it. Amsterdam to Indonesians is like London to most Malaysians. Historical colonial ties.

I think GA's slots will be bought by BA.

I have been secretly hoping that BA will start LHR-PER soon. BA has 18 B789 that can be used for the mission.

AMS is GA's turf, there is no doubt about it. Amsterdam to Indonesians is like London to most Malaysians. Historical colonial ties.

I think GA's slots will be bought by BA.

With the rumour big aircraft order by IAG, this might be true. The slot comes in good timing, a top up order for 787 is definitely there too. Next decade will be battle of long long flight...and ULR....

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2018/08/23/will-garuda-continue-to-serve-london-heathrow-nonstop/

It says that AMS offers better connectivity to various UK secondary cities as compared to LHR, which is true. But is there really no demand for a direct CGK-LHR/LGW service?

I don't think there's a strong affinity for the UK in Indonesia, unlike MY/SG, given that they had only a brief period of British rule.

Garuda is launching Heathrow-Denpasar Bali non stop beginning 22 January 2019. 3 weekly service. I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

49897042_1957675017661785_62867354959342

At 7,785 miles per leg, I believe this will be the second longest non stop route from LHR after the Qantas Perth flight.

Arrival time in Bali is off though.

The return leg, DPS-LHR is not non stop. Flight GA86 is via Jakarta. It is actually a triangular route. LHR-DPS-CGK-LHR.

I think that Brits are not so hot on Bali as it is a long way to come for some sun and sand. They have a lot of other options closer to home. Likewise for Indonesians - London is not such a popular destination. They probably prefer Amsterdam.

I think that Brits are not so hot on Bali as it is a long way to come for some sun and sand. They have a lot of other options closer to home. Likewise for Indonesians - London is not such a popular destination. They probably prefer Amsterdam.

Indonesians also need a visa to visit the UK.

My understanding is that Bali is popular but most people prefer to stop somewhere for a few days on the way and take a different airline.