MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Bargain Fares

I was rather surprised when I was searching for flights to SIN on both MAB and Firefly website yesterday - MAB listed FY operated flight under codeshare at RM162 while the same flight was priced at RM229 at FY website. So it was obvious which one to book.

BIG MISTAKE.

I booked the flight, was given an booking number, and my credit card was charged. Within seconds, my itinerary was sent but it said:

FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED

Sorry, your reservation is incomplete. Please contact our Call Center at 1 300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia) or any of the Malaysia Airlines ticket offices for assistance

I called MAB and was told the seat was no longer available and the website was not updated. The call agent (I pressed #2 for Bahasa Malaysia to ensure I that I spoke to a local agent instead of being routed overseas) told me they would get back to me within 24 hours after they had verified with FY. As expected, after 24 hours, I heard nothing from MAB, perhaps due to the festive season. I asked about my booking, but there was no promise that my booking would be honoured, even though my credit has been charged.

Any advice?

Just to update: After 3 weeks, and numerous phone calls and emails, finally this issue is sorted out, and I was moved to an earlier FY flight, and a flight ticket is issued. Gosh - it actually took 3 weeks to resolve a simply issue like this.

In the final analysis,

1) it is not worth the savings booking through MH website at all, in the end I wasted so much time and efforts in sorting this issue.

2) customer service at all centre for English is really horrible, the Malay language service is better, and more helpful. The English language customer service is rude - one of them told me the worse is that I could always buy a new ticket at prevailing fare on the day of travel.

3) call centre agents seems to be disempowered - there are in no position to make any decision, and any requests need to be channeled to the supervisor for approval.

4) extremely poor customer service - no follow up at all.

Heads up...MH English customer service hotline is managed by a company in Fiji...my friend was put on hold while the agent SNORED...YUP...HE WAS ASLEEP! I'm not making this up...

ALWAYS CALL the one in Malay...those are answered locally and they speak English too!

Heads up...MH English customer service hotline is managed by a company in Fiji...my friend was put on hold while the agent SNORED...YUP...HE WAS ASLEEP! I'm not making this up...

ALWAYS CALL the one in Malay...those are answered locally and they speak English too!

Last I know the call center was handled by Getronics.

Sounds like "Fiji Time" to me!!

Anyone who has been to Fiji will know how slow the natives Fijians are at work, hence the term "Fiji Time" was coined by tourists. While the ethnic Indians there are operating at normal speed. I am not making this sh1t up as I have been to Fiji to witness this myself!!

Edited by S V Choong

Sounds like "Fiji Time" to me!!

Anyone who has been to Fiji will know how slow the natives Fijians are at work, hence the term "Fiji Time" was coined by tourists. While the ethnic Indians there are operating at normal speed. I am not making this sh1t up as I have been to Fiji to witness this myself!!

In countries where the population is not under pressure to make expensive housing loan repayment, they tend to be more relax and time flexible.

no wonder they sound not so local... minus the lah, ma.. leh...

i thought it would be MH employing filipinos operator but seems like Fijian does have tagalog sound a like

Singapore Airlines have pretty good deal last week at their 70 hours flash deal KL/KK to Hongkong 691.1

Cathay is going for 1k

Singapore Airlines have pretty good deal last week at their 70 hours flash deal KL/KK to Hongkong 691.1

Cathay is going for 1k

kk hkg will be like kk sin hkg... down south then up north again...

i missed the sale. i thought it ended 2pm 20th.. but i was wrong. it ended 12pm. when i reach flight selection the price jump up almost 30%... but the fare is a steal.....

Cathay is going for 1k

*cry*

Helping my friend to do this

SQ KUL-SIN RM 250 return all inclusive. July weekend travel dates only. Depart on Sat, returning on Monday. Equipment:B738 and A350. Equipment may change due to operational needs.

Booking through agent. They need bums on seats.

Edited by JuliusWong

Norwegian Bangkok Oslo Bangkok

EUR319/RM1558

Travel Period Oct Nov 17. Although with add ons the fare will be near those ME3 promo fares

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri