MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Bargain Fares

From what I heard, the load is very good even on MH4.

flew on mh3, full to the brim... Upper deck became suffer deck. But they need to clean the plane (seat pockets, chair table, and side bin) as the plane looked so dirty.

I was rather surprised when I was searching for flights to SIN on both MAB and Firefly website yesterday - MAB listed FY operated flight under codeshare at RM162 while the same flight was priced at RM229 at FY website. So it was obvious which one to book.

BIG MISTAKE.

I booked the flight, was given an booking number, and my credit card was charged. Within seconds, my itinerary was sent but it said:

FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED

Sorry, your reservation is incomplete. Please contact our Call Center at 1 300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia) or any of the Malaysia Airlines ticket offices for assistance

I called MAB and was told the seat was no longer available and the website was not updated. The call agent (I pressed #2 for Bahasa Malaysia to ensure I that I spoke to a local agent instead of being routed overseas) told me they would get back to me within 24 hours after they had verified with FY. As expected, after 24 hours, I heard nothing from MAB, perhaps due to the festive season. I asked about my booking, but there was no promise that my booking would be honoured, even though my credit has been charged.

Any advice?

Edited by Lim Kar Yong

I was rather surprised when I was searching for flights to SIN on both MAB and Firefly website yesterday - MAB listed FY operated flight under codeshare at RM162 while the same flight was priced at RM229 at FY website. So it was obvious which one to book.

BIG MISTAKE.

I booked the flight, was given an booking number, and my credit card was charged. Within seconds, my itinerary was sent but it said:

FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED

Sorry, your reservation is incomplete. Please contact our Call Center at 1 300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia) or any of the Malaysia Airlines ticket offices for assistance

I called MAB and was told the seat was no longer available and the website was not updated. The call agent (I pressed #2 for Bahasa Malaysia to ensure I that I spoke to a local agent instead of being routed overseas) told me they would get back to me within 24 hours after they had verified with FY. As expected, after 24 hours, I heard nothing from MAB, perhaps due to the festive season. I asked about my booking, but there was no promise that my booking would be honoured, even though my credit has been charged.

Any advice?

do you have a ticket number? It should start with a 232-(+10 digits)

I think your best case scenario is that your booking will be cancelled and payment credited to your credit card account. I would imagine that this is highly unlikely. If I was you, I would have called the credit card company to ask if they can hold that payment first, even before I call the airline.

BIG MISTAKE.

FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED

Any advice?

do you have a ticket number? It should start with a 232-(+10 digits)

No ticket number - it says "QUEUED FOR TICKETING" in the confirmation email.

I am just puzzled can one be charged in this case and the possibility of the airline not honouring it.

I am not going to do an Audrey :)

Edited by Lim Kar Yong

Your situation is not uncommon.

I have faced it a number of times. Usually happened when something is broken with the booking engine. From my experience, MH is aware of the incomplete booking and the ticket issuance will be done manually usually the next working day.

Just seen that Turkish are doing 2 business class to London in May for USD 2829 which is only RM6k+ each.

Are they any good?

Turkish has a great biz class seat. Fully flat and tons of space. Their food service is also very special. At that price, would highly recommend.

Sound like a good deal. When? Btw, I've flown with them a couple of times to Europe. Good service and food.

Im looking at May 5-26

I was on the A330 and it was great. Proper flat bed probably normally found in first class. Not the type of seat that is stacked under another or with angled positions.

croppedimage473256-New-Bus-B777.A330.jpg

Look at the length!! :D

Edited by jani

Just note that a variety of equipment is used on the Istanbul to London leg - from A320/A330 to B777.

It seems to be an A321 on the LGW flights with reason premium seats and not just a blocked out middle Y seat

This fare is good but isn't that great. There was another TK one a short while back for about 5500 to MAN.

Overall product is decent - with a fairly good lounge in IST.

Onboard Chef in long haul J, catering by Do and Co. Wifi is free if the plane is so equipped (problem with it being free is that it becomes pretty slow to the point of being unusable if there are too many users).

The above pic is the exact seat as Jani has posted above. Maybe not quite First Class levels (it's 2-2-2 on the 333 and 2-3-2 on the 77W so no direct aisle access for all) - but it is very comfortable indeed.

I was on the A330 and it was great. Proper flat bed probably normally found in first class. Not the type of seat that is stacked under another or with angled positions.

croppedimage473256-New-Bus-B777.A330.jpg

Look at the length!! :D

I would share your excitement over these "First Class" seats if we were in 1997...

CX is like SQ, struggling to find a FSC model that works for them. I commend them for trying and not taking the easy way out - like many European and American airlines have done....

Talking purely from a "length" perspective :)

In the end, it's almost all that matters when sleeping.

...until you get a window seat neighbor who needs to go to the bathroom, retrieve his/her carry-on from the overhead compartment or decides to order a snack in the middle of the flight

Edited by Chris Tan