MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Bargain Fares

The promo fare is not available on all flights - only on those super empty flights. For example I noticed that the RM 1.9K to London is only available on Monday's MH4/MH1 flights from what I've tried to dummy book.

Rather than flying empty planes & bear high losses, might as well fill her up and at least reduce the loss.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

I booked in mid oct - but on weekdays but do see most weekdays are avail except usually weekends - however some weekends are just marginally higher than the rm1.9k

don't quite understand the logic with MH's "flash" sales recently. why can't they just allocate certain number of seats at their lowest price to entice people to FIRST look at MH before anyone else ?

don't quite understand the logic with MH's "flash" sales recently. why can't they just allocate certain number of seats at their lowest price to entice people to FIRST look at MH before anyone else ?

People will get immunized against the hoped for hysteria resulting from these "flash" sales :D

You reckon we'll see a dedicated thread on subject here on MW otherwise ?

Plus, the MH people know they lost the psychological 'cheapest here' battle to the red corner long ago - so maybe better to just snipe along with 'we are cheaper now' tactic once in a while

(not that I'm saying one cannot find MH cheaper vs AK/D7 on any ordinary day, just that I instinctively go search the red site first most times, being the cheapo that I am :D)

QR open jaw tix. You can get to Europe for as low as RM1.1k return. Provided that you can find at least 7 person to travel with you. Available on their website for travel up to June. Some of the available city pairs are KUL CDG AMS KUL, KUL LHR AMS KUL. You can also get KUL JFK IAD KUL for around RM1.7k but again, for 7 person

QR open jaw tix. You can get to Europe for as low as RM1.1k return. Provided that you can find at least 7 person to travel with you. Available on their website for travel up to June. Some of the available city pairs are KUL CDG AMS KUL, KUL LHR AMS KUL. You can also get KUL JFK IAD KUL for around RM1.7k but again, for 7 person

QR is just dumping the fares like nobody's business.

I dont think that is the final fare that you pay to RBA for a LHR return. You may have missed the fine print.

I checked and it comes up to about RM 1,400 return - but the flight is gruelling. Over 5 hour stop at BWN and then a one stop 17 hour flight to LHR. Total time - about 24+ hours! Might be more doable if you fly from KCH or BKI.

I checked and it comes up to about RM 1,400 return - but the flight is gruelling. Over 5 hour stop at BWN and then a one stop 17 hour flight to LHR. Total time - about 24+ hours! Might be more doable if you fly from KCH or BKI.

I dont think that is what you actually pay in the end. Maybe one way, but it cant possibly be the return fare.

DO you have the screen shot?

I dont think that is what you actually pay in the end. Maybe one way, but it cant possibly be the return fare.

DO you have the screen shot?

For KUL-LHR return, the add-ons totalling some RM1600 that BI applies on top of the so-called very-cheap base fare of RM1200 are:

• Fuel Surcharge (YQ)
    MYR918.00
  • Malaysia Passenger Service Charge(MY)
    MYR65.00
  • D8AB
    MYR3.90
  • UK Air Passenger Duty APD(GB)
    MYR395.00
  • UK Passenger Service Charge(UB)
    MYR225.00
  • Total per adult
    MYR1,606.90

So, even if BI waives the fuel surcharge which goes into its own pocket, a RM1400 retrn all-in ticket price means a base fare of about RM711 - which is extremely very very very unlikely given that BI doesnt have capacity to throw around with its relatively small 788.

The flights were for May 2017 - and it is a return fare as I had all the flight details.

Since I was merely curious, I did not bother taking any screen shots.

I roughly checked the RBA flight for May next year and the price was 2817.90 for KUL - LHR return under RB Saver. Interestingly the price ex-BKI is almost double as RB Saver was not on offer at the same date.

I roughly checked the RBA flight for May next year and the price was 2817.90 for KUL - LHR return under RB Saver. Interestingly the price ex-BKI is almost double as RB Saver was not on offer at the same date.

It's a fairly obvious dictate of the market, because BKI-BWN-LHR is a logical routing. KUL-BWN-LHR is highly illogical as you'd need to backtrack a considerable amount of distance, so there needs to be an incentive for someone to actually choose that routing.

For cheap RB fares ex-BKI, I find your stars need to be correctly aligned vis a vis when they think you should travel cheap and when you would like to travel, venture beyond these days the prices they quote can be somewhat alarming :)

How to do this booking?

Waiping,

BI advert in Daily Express today - promo BKI-LHR like 2,800 return or so

Maybe worthwhile to see if you can snatch a bargain or two ? :)

Malaysia Airlines, Fares That Are Fair. (No Hidden Charge)

KUL-PVG (Shanghai) Return All in @ RM568.90
KUL-NRT (Tokyo) Return All in @ RM898.90
KUL-ICN (Seoul) Return All in @ RM992.90
Book: Now until 11 Sep 2016
Travel: 18 Sep 2016 - 31 Mar 2017

Thanks but I m grounded for the time being. :p