MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Bargain Fares

United Airlines to honour tickets issued for $0 in glitch

United Airlines has pledged to honour airline tickets sold for as little as $0 because of a computer error.

The airline, one of the largest in the US, said it was unsure how many steeply discounted tickets it had issued.

It temporarily shut down its website and ceased taking telephone orders after discovering the error.

The tickets were sold on Thursday through its online booking system. Passengers must still pay US security fees of about $5 (£3.15) - $10.

"We've reviewed the error that occurred yesterday and based on these specific circumstances, we will honor the tickets," the airline wrote in a tweet.

US travellers snatched up tickets for destinations as far afield as Hawaii.

Bob Stokas of Oak Lawn, a suburb of Chicago, told a local NBC affiliate he had been shopping for a return fare to Los Angeles, expecting to pay as much as $800.

"When I scrolled down past the non-stop fares, when I got to the connecting flights, the flights to and from Los Angeles per person was $10," he told the broadcaster.

"That was a shock and a surprise, and I was like, 'I've got to book this flight right now before they rescind their offer of $10 for this flight.'"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24089326

:good: :good: :good:

IMG-20130925-WA002_zps00b1479c.jpg

calling for gahmen serben

this is the time for you to travel as MH promotes TAWARAN ISTIMEWA UNTUK KAKITANGAN KERAJAAN

so...act now!

If domestic MYR150 for return it seems same as "non-gomen fare". I just got MYY return at MYR142 all inclusive for Oct trip even I'm not "gomen" servant. :)

DPS, SGN, BKK at MYR160 quite good fares. :)

IMG-20130925-WA002_zps00b1479c.jpg

calling for gahmen serben

this is the time for you to travel as MH promotes TAWARAN ISTIMEWA UNTUK KAKITANGAN KERAJAAN

so...act now!

Funny... The offer seems to exclude KBR...

DARI RM999 is quite misleading...Is RM999 the nett fare or the fare starting from RM999?

Edited by suadrif

DARI RM999 is quite misleading...Is RM999 the nett fare or the fare starting from RM999?

It is an all-inclusive fare as affendi said.

1374320_10151728093842979_472994405_n.jp

I thought LH's deal from SIN to Europa for SGD999 is quite some good deal! I consider anything to Europa below SGD1k to be very good deal!

http://www.lufthansa.com/sg/en/europe-promo

In fact last year I managed to book myself a SIN-FRA-MAD round trip for only SGD989, cheapest of my four Europa trip in recent years, which flies me the furthest too. And ironically my nearest Europa trip is also the most expensive (SIN-DXB-IST-DXB-IST on EK for ~SGD13xx)

NB: promo ends 29 Nov! also please note the odd departure and return date:

• Departure period: 31.03.2014 - 31.10.2014
  • Return period: 06.04.2014 - 25.11.2014
Edited by Kelson

EY_EDM_Header_Global_Sale.jpg

Etihad Airways is pleased to launch our 7-Day Global SuperSale live from 29 November 2013.

This is a great opportunity for you to make your travel plans for 2014 ahead of time and take advantage of fantastic discounts to some of our most popular destinations! But hurry, book before 5 December for travel between 13 January and 30 June 2014.

To book these fares, visit etihad.com, our local office or your nearest travel agent.

Yes, its a good deal ex-KUL too - RM 2,888

Was told ex-SIN only SGD999.

I just bought Vietnam Airlines return flights to Hanoi ex-KUL for RM444 (fare RM1, tax RM443) for January 2014.

So without tax, the fare is actually 50sen one way!

Although they advertised their RM1 promotion for flights only up to 31 December 2013... hehe

Maybe a booking system glitch?

Cheers! :clapping:

Manage to buy RM1 return to SGN a few months back...came up to rm320 perpax return...for 3 friends...me not included...enjoy your trip Arthur W...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Thanks.

Sorry, sliiightly OOT.. is it possible to make seamless connection HAN-KUL-BKI (using VN-MH)? let's say transit time at KUL is 2hrs 20min.

VN flight from HAN arrive at 19.50, last MH flight to BKI departs at 22.10

Meaning, can I check thru my luggage at HAN all the way to BKI although flying 2 different airlines?

Thanks.

Sorry, sliiightly OOT.. is it possible to make seamless connection HAN-KUL-BKI (using VN-MH)? let's say transit time at KUL is 2hrs 20min.

VN flight from HAN arrive at 19.50, last MH flight to BKI departs at 22.10

Meaning, can I check thru my luggage at HAN all the way to BKI although flying 2 different airlines?

I believe you can since VN interlines with MH - but do check with them to confirm.

Is this the promo?

Vietnam Airlines Promo Fare Updates!
Hanoi one way from MYR 38, round trip from MYR 48
Ho Chi Minh one way from MYR 158, round trip from MYR 258
*excluded airport taxes & fuel surcharge

Promotion Information: http://www.12fly.com.my/airlines/vietnam-airlines-promo-fare-updates
Booking:
http://www.12fly.com.my/flights/

Also got this from Qatar.

Embark on a 5-star journey with Qatar Airways Economy Class Specials. Fly to London, Paris, Istanbul and many more destinations from 1653 MYR.
--> http://buzz.mw/b5tzk_l

Book now till 12th December 2013* and travel up to 31st March 2014.

Another one from Etihad

ETIHAD AIRWAYS calling you to LONDON!
Flight + Hotel from MYR 3830 NETT!
*2 nights hotel accommodation
*round trip air ticket with airport taxes & fuel surcharge
Do you want to fly?
EASY....Call our toll free now 1800 88 2011 or log on http://bit.ly/RNZ64T

1230038_632421523485677_1230341944_n.jpg

Guys, need to ask this quick question. Planning to buy MU from KUL-PVG-ICN. Had to travel last minute and they currently offer the best deal. The transit at PVG is 1 hour 45 minutes. Is that doable in PVG? How long does it take to complete all clearances beore I can rush to my onward flight?

Should be fine as it's same airline and PVG is fairly efficient. The unknown factor is the weather/ fog at PVG and the ensuing congestion. But as it's on a single ticket, you will be protected and I'd imagine there are a few PVG-ICN throughout the day as possible Plan Bs.

Should be fine as it's same airline and PVG is fairly efficient. The unknown factor is the weather/ fog at PVG and the ensuing congestion. But as it's on a single ticket, you will be protected and I'd imagine there are a few PVG-ICN throughout the day as possible Plan Bs.

Thanks Mushrif. Yup, in that aspect I am protected. But still hope that I can make that connection. Am just hoping that the Intl to Intl transfer can be completed smoothly. They only started that last year. Before that you need to complete double immigration clearances just to transfer.

What's up in seoul? How much on MU?

Sister's friends bailed on her for their trip. So now I am commanded by the powers that be in the family to be her chaperone. :sorry: