MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Malaysia Airports launches Sama-Sama hotel brand

Sama-Sama is the hotel/MAHB's way of saying "You're welcomed!" to guests in advance. It is the "Bawani/rest of the ppl, you are forgiven" equivalent from MAHB as it sounds.

I feel a Western brand may attract evil people to do nasty things like what happened in Indonesia in recent years. I find it amusing that Hilton KL has this security folks with mirrors looking at underneath of cars in case there is something suspicious. I thought this is something routine only in eastern Europe during the days of the Soviet Union!

We never had to go this far where security is concerned. Even the US mission nowadays looks so unwelcoming with its concrete barriers.

MAHB shouldn't just cater to people with deep pockets for 5 star accomodation. Something affordable for the regular folks should be made available too.

I feel a Western brand may attract evil people to do nasty things like what happened in Indonesia in recent years. I find it amusing that Hilton KL has this security folks with mirrors looking at underneath of cars in case there is something suspicious. I thought this is something routine only in eastern Europe during the days of the Soviet Union!

We never had to go this far where security is concerned. Even the US mission nowadays looks so unwelcoming with its concrete barriers.

MAHB shouldn't just cater to people with deep pockets for 5 star accomodation. Something affordable for the regular folks should be made available too.

If one don't stand against evil, is stand for it :search: :(

Edited by KK Lee

DSC033191_zps13f1058e.jpg

Security details with mirrors checking underneath vehicles r a common sight in Philippines and Indonesian high end hotels........some even have sniffer dogs patroling the hotel perimeter.....

As expected by everyone, the Sama Sama brand is a total doom.

For its hotel operation, MAHB reported a loss of RM 2.8 million for the first 6 months of 2013 against a profit of RM 5.3 million for the same period last year.

Revenues also plunged by a massive 18%.

Have you all ever been to any meetings or conferences in Sama-sama hotel before? I notice that there is a room called 'Boeing Function Room' in the hotel. I checked the hotel's website, and didn't see such name being mentioned there. Interesting...

Edited by Alif A. F.

Not only that, the restaurants now have rattan wrapped iPad "menus" . couple of bugs, mine was displaying a room service menu , and when given a new one it didn't have prices. Point to order over WiFi also missed since the WiFi was down :p

Best of luck to Sama-sama but already missing the Pan Pacific

I hope the Sama-Sama is ok. I may end up using it in January for a 7 hour transit.

By the way, has anyone used this hotel as part of the complimentary stay for MH passengers when their transit is over 6 hours? If so, how do you go about arranging it?

I hope the Sama-Sama is ok. I may end up using it in January for a 7 hour transit.

By the way, has anyone used this hotel as part of the complimentary stay for MH passengers when their transit is over 6 hours? If so, how do you go about arranging it?

For transit accommodations you will have to ask either your travel agent to request it, or if you booked the tickets yourself, you can just contact the MH office to request

For transit accommodations you will have to ask either your travel agent to request it, or if you booked the tickets yourself, you can just contact the MH office to request

I think you're better off using the transit hotel airside.

For Business Class or First only perk?

Actually the STPC is for all pax who have long transit of more than how many hours, I can't remember. But you will have to request for it.

I believe that is an option for the STPC.

I think thats also branded as a Sama Sama express

As expected by everyone, the Sama Sama brand is a total doom.

For its hotel operation, MAHB reported a loss of RM 2.8 million for the first 6 months of 2013 against a profit of RM 5.3 million for the same period last year.

Revenues also plunged by a massive 18%.

Out of sheer boredom I looked up the head of Sama Sama hotel, Hans Winsnes on Linkedin. Apparently he was the GM of the hotel when it was known as Pan Pacific since 2001.

So there's got to be more to it than just a simple mismanagement.

http://my.linkedin.com/pub/hans-winsnes-hotelier-hospitality-retailing/25/494/ba

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Apart from that, MAHB also announced that its "Sama-Sama Hotel klia2" will be opened for business in conjunction with the opening of klia2 in May 2014.

http://www.mole.my/content/sama-sama-hotel-klia-and-sama-sama-express-klia-different-hotels-same-brand

There won't be Tune hotel at KLIA2?

There will be. 400 rooms

1005657_10151764375119168_1693101291_n.jhttp://www.epbt.gov.my/osc/Proj1_Info.cfm?Name=466092&S=S

Out of sheer boredom I looked up the head of Sama Sama hotel, Hans Winsnes on Linkedin. Apparently he was the GM of the hotel when it was known as Pan Pacific since 2001.

So there's got to be more to it than just a simple mismanagement.

http://my.linkedin.com/pub/hans-winsnes-hotelier-hospitality-retailing/25/494/ba

It's not mismanagement. It's simply a massive lost of business due to the Sama Sama brand, largely related on how an unknown brand just cannot simply command a certain room rates or pull a certain type of events/clientele because it is not a Hilton/Sofitel/St. Regis or even Pan Pacific.

Sign in to follow this